closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CWC RN Diver - are they worth it?

CWC RN Diver - are they worth it?

Ok I’ve been after an SBS one of these for ages, but never managed to snag one at what I thought was a reasonable price. Which is my main issue - £699 seems hella steep for a quartz, even the 2nd hand ones I’ve been watching on the bay seem to be going for for around 450-500 ish.

Plus I’ve never actually seen one in the flesh. I do like the military style - had a brief relationship with a marathon GSAR but couldn’t get used to the the small face / THICK case double whammy.

I’ve got some cash in the watch pot and lockdown boredom is really starting to eat away at me.

So just looking to canvass some opinions - has anyone been in a similar position, finally pulled the trigger and never looked back? Or did it just not stick and end up being flipped fairly quickly? And if so why? Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The CWC divers watches are my favourite dive watch (I also like the other Monnin cased divers watches)
    They are a good size and they are nice and slim.
    I have 3 CWC divers and I am contemplating another one. (Original 1980s issue)
    I even bought the 1980 reissue band new and that was highly overpriced!!!
    If you can get a good priced second hand version I think you would be hard pressed to find something of as good quality with such history.

Master
    https://i.imgur.com/sVvYKcN.jpg

I got mine 2 years ago on ebay for £340, I love it!

I've got this one:

https://www.cwcwatch.com/collections...y-divers-watch

Paid full price for it. Is it overpriced for what you get? Definitely. Do I regret it? No. It's a brilliant watch and one of my absolute favourites. Was that bezel worth an extra £200? Probably not, but I love it. The things that make it stand out are the design, size, weight, centre of gravity, authenticity and attention to detail in the execution. It's the watch that won me over to the idea of quartz watches in general.

However, build-wise it's probably only really worth about a third of what it costs. The movement is certainly nothing special. But you cannot buy such a well-executed watch for the same price anywhere else. The Zeno / Timefactors PRS-3 is cheaper, but noticeably lower quality. That said, if you hold out for the new version, I expect that will finally supersede CWC for build quality and still cost less. Who knows when that will be released though.

I agree with the above comments about them being overpriced.

I have never regretted buying any of mine for an instant though.

They are wonderful things.

I too will echo most points already made. My RN and SBS are worn very regularly. However, the upside to the movement being ‘nothing special’ is that it’s inexpensive to replace should you need to. You can buy a new movement for around $35.

I too have a 1983 quartz Royal Navy diver, bought from the forum. Definitely overpriced new, but it’s just “right” great size, great design and well made.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

They are utilitarian and well built. Compared to a Seiko they might seem overpriced. Compared to other watches they seems a relative bargain.

At the end of the day they are worth what people will pay for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxon007 View Post
    They are utilitarian and well built. Compared to a Seiko they might seem overpriced. Compared to other watches they seems a relative bargain.

At the end of the day they are worth what people will pay for them.
    All true and they may lose a bit from new, but after that initial depreciation they hold their value pretty well and are always in demand if you decide to flip.

Master

The 83 diver. My favourite watch these days. I find it well-built and tough while having one of the best, easily read, dials in the business. And the quartz module is accurate with an unusually long battery life.
    Too expensive? Compared to what? It suits my taste, and replaced an SD43 with no effort at all.
    I’m struck by how CWC watches always seem to be referred to in terms of price, rather than what they offer. You can do an awful lot worse. Well, I’m happy anyway.
    I’ve just ordered a watch that costs vastly more, but my guess is i’l still wear the 83 more often. Somehow it’s just ‘right’. For me, anyway.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by paskinner; 26th May 2020 at 01:44.

Craftsman
    Lancaster / Stavanger / Fishguard, Norway / UK
    Bought mine from Shane Delaurian in about 2004 for $300. Loved it ever since. Wears well and it is one of the watches have never parted with even though many have gone since and it was one of my earliest buys. Great for holidays I think given the day.date and general use ability.

Master
    I would been on an auto one but they seem difficult to obtain

Craftsman
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by robt View Post
    I've got this one:

https://www.cwcwatch.com/collections...y-divers-watch

Paid full price for it. Is it overpriced for what you get? Definitely. Do I regret it? No. It's a brilliant watch and one of my absolute favourites. Was that bezel worth an extra £200? Probably not, but I love it. The things that make it stand out are the design, size, weight, centre of gravity, authenticity and attention to detail in the execution. It's the watch that won me over to the idea of quartz watches in general.

However, build-wise it's probably only really worth about a third of what it costs. The movement is certainly nothing special. But you cannot buy such a well-executed watch for the same price anywhere else. The Zeno / Timefactors PRS-3 is cheaper, but noticeably lower quality. That said, if you hold out for the new version, I expect that will finally supersede CWC for build quality and still cost less. Who knows when that will be released though.

Having owned both at the same time I'd have to disagree, in fact I kept the PRS-3 over the CWC

Interesting stuff, general consensus seems to be they are definitely expensive for what they are, but not many regret buying. If I can break through the psychological barrier of the price am pretty sure I would feel the same. Probably just need to be patient and aim for a used one

I've had a couple over the years but as much as I love the look, I found they wear much smaller than their size and the dial appears small. My other diver watches of similar size wear bigger.
    Last edited by Ric356II; 26th May 2020 at 11:40.

I had a PVD no date auto for a few hours (I returned it as there was a mark on the dial). I'm not sure why but it didn't feel special to me - almost like a piece of kit rather than a nice watch. The dial seemed really small with a lot of space around it before the bezel and the case felt a bit bloated in width. The bezel felt nice though and it seemed very well made. Tbh I think if mine wasn't marked I'd have worn it a bit and found it to be a real grower. In fact even typing this is making me want to look at them again. What's wrong with me!

Master
    In what sense are they ‘expensive for what they are’? Compared with what? They are well finished, tough, robust watches with excellent dials , real heritage and a feel of Swiss quality. And I’ve owned a good few expensive dive watches . Probably too many! The 83 stands up well against them,in my judgement . In fact, I regard the dial as genuinely world class. And CWC have been around a long time to support their products.
    There are other, cheaper, dive watches which are probably great value. But if you like a CWC then , like every other watch, you swallow the price and get on with it. In the end it’s still jewellery, and personal choice. Nothing more.
    Last edited by paskinner; 26th May 2020 at 10:42.

I don't think they're expensive for what they are personally. Sure cheaper can be had in a similar style with similar spec but can't the same be said for most brands out there. I think alot of ths comes from the fact they've increased in price dramatically in recent years, but it could be argued they were undervalued for a very long time. I think where they sit now is a little high but well worth the asking price if you can afford them. They're really well made, genuine heritage and looks the business.

I've owned several but currently only an issued G10 in my collection, but that's down to finances rather than anything elsee, I'd happily still have all my past CWC's if only I could have.

I would certainly love that '83 reissue pictured above, it's in my future plans but would hope to find a s/h one over new as my watch budget is never what it once was these days.

As has been said here before, if it were me, I do not think I would be looking at the CWC because the return of the PRS-3 is planned, although I am not sure when it will be released.
    Here is the thread about it
    Eddie is planning the quartz version to be under £200 (see page 3 of that thread).
    Given what I have seen so far of the quality of Eddie's offer these days, I think that would see off the CWC from my list.
    Unless I "needed" it this week.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Ric356II View Post
    I've had a couple over the years but as much as love the look, I found they wear much smaller than their size and the dial appears small. My other diver watches of similar size wear bigger.
    This is a concern for me, had a similar issue with the gsar - when I first put it on I thought it was tiny, and my wrist is just under 7 inches. Was like an optical illusion or something. To be fair after a few days I got used to the smaller look of the dial, it was just the combination with thickness that put me off. Impossible to gauge how you are gonna feel about something on your wrist until it’s on there!

Blog Entries
    I'd had both the PRS 3 quartz and CWC RN diver and found there was no distinct superiority in the CWC apart from the fixed bars. Movements where comparable, same handset , the lume on PRS was the same if not better.

CWC were a little more less known I think 10-15 years ago and the prices reflected this. Silverman's didn't have the extended range they have now and just charged £350 for the automatic plus £50 for a date and £200/£250 for the quartz version. The SBS was £299.

The question is were they underpriced then considering the military connection or are they overpriced now ?

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ped View Post
    I had a PVD no date auto for a few hours (I returned it as there was a mark on the dial). I'm not sure why but it didn't feel special to me - almost like a piece of kit rather than a nice watch
    At base, they ARE just a piece of kit. They were initially made for RN divers who signed them in & out of the stores as they were needed.
    They were built to be tough & reliable under hard usage, that & the military connection is why civvies like them too.

Apprentice

My Diver

I wear mine most days love it, I bought it years ago when they shoehorned a SBS movement into a RN case and called it 'Limited Edition'
    can't even remember how much i paid, I normally order these things late at night after a few drinks !

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy2254 View Post
    At base, they ARE just a piece of kit. They were initially made for RN divers who signed them in & out of the stores as they were needed.
    They were built to be tough & reliable under hard usage, that & the military connection is why civvies like them too.
    Indeed - but I've had several watches of that ilk and somehow it just felt. bit.. I don't know, not boring but not exciting, at least. I had a CWC RN Chrono that I loved but just didn't feel it with the diver.

Master
    I purchased a Mk 2 Auto no date diver at end of last year after a lot of hesitation over the price.
    Yes they are expensive but no regrets from me

I’d echo the sentiment of expensive compared with what? Given the price many bulk-standard kickstarters start at it’s perhaps indicative of their underpricing before now.

They have a specialness about them, rather than horological sophistication, a pedigree of interest and a non-nonsense style which will probably never lose its appeal.

So on balance, yes, they are worth it.

I have this Kronos style dive watch, Probably Chinese but i'm pretty sure it has a Ronda ebauche within, It's a smashing watch and looks very similar to the CWC (It's probably a copy of the CWC!!), I bought it from the sales corner on here some years ago, I think it was around £30..

Also had a Broadarrow that was virtually the same but PVD..

John

Quote Originally Posted by bond View Post
    I'd had both the PRS 3 quartz and CWC RN diver and found there was no distinct superiority in the CWC apart from the fixed bars.
    Fixed bars are always a key factor for me.

I love them.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by enndriz View Post
    Ok I’ve been after an SBS one of these for ages, but never managed to snag one at what I thought was a reasonable price. Which is my main issue - £699 seems hella steep for a quartz, even the 2nd hand ones I’ve been watching on the bay seem to be going for for around 450-500 ish.

Plus I’ve never actually seen one in the flesh. I do like the military style - had a brief relationship with a marathon GSAR but couldn’t get used to the the small face / THICK case double whammy.

I’ve got some cash in the watch pot and lockdown boredom is really starting to eat away at me.

So just looking to canvass some opinions - has anyone been in a similar position, finally pulled the trigger and never looked back? Or did it just not stick and end up being flipped fairly quickly? And if so why? Cheers

I'm reading this thread with interest as I too am considering a CWC Diver purchase although I'm after a non SBS version. I have done some reading about this piece and it seems that the same feelings and comments crop up in all of the forums. I'm new to the hobby and I'm starting to form the opinion that as a newbie, in my mind the price/value for money seems to come the fact that they run with a fairly cheap quartz movement. If I was to splash the cash that I would spend on the CWC on an automatic I would have something on my wrist that is, to me, a mechanical marvel.

The big BUT though, in my mind, is that the CWC (and the brand) has the military history to it that I find appealing. I know many don't see this as a plus point but to me it is worth having and therefore I will pay the price.

Reminds me of the VW ad a few years ago when the salesman shut the car door whilst showing a potential couple a car to buy. As he slammed door, he said, 'Sounds like a VW' !

Sorry! Not much help to original post but my thoughts seem to be similar to yours.

I've had a few, I bought a job lot of mil issued ones a few years back, and to be honest they felt very underwhelming. I didn't keep any of them.

IMO it is only the military connection that keeps people interested and prices up, and let's be honest military procurement is to get something that will do the job at the cheapest price possible.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    I've had a few, I bought a job lot of mil issued ones a few years back, and to be honest they felt very underwhelming. I didn't keep any of them.

IMO it is only the military connection that keeps people interested and prices up, and let's be honest military procurement is to get something that will do the job at the cheapest price possible.
    Just had a quick look at your website - I do like your Moonwatch! A quick thought - If you hadn't been exposed to 'higher end' watches and your extensive collection do you think the CWC would still be underwhelming?

Quote Originally Posted by Spike View Post
    Having owned both at the same time I'd have to disagree, in fact I kept the PRS-3 over the CWC
    Odd. I currently have both right here. They're pretty close in most respects apart from the bezel, which is a lot better on the CWC. The crown is a bit better on the CWC and the edges around the lugs & crown guard are also better defined. The differences aren't huge, but they add up to make the CWC just feel much more solid & refined (although the CWC finish isn't close to something like the LLD and light years behind the MM300, for comparison). My PRS-3 is PVD version with Broadarrow on the caseback and Zeno on the dial. I'm comparing it to one of the newer CWC special editions with sapphire crystal, not the mineral crystal version. I've briefly had another CWC before (also sapphire but just the standard RN version) and that was also noticeably better than the PRS-3, so it's not just that they've upgraded the special editions.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddiex View Post

The big BUT though, in my mind, is that the CWC (and the brand) has the military history to it that I find appealing. I know many don't see this as a plus point but to me it is worth having and therefore I will pay the price.
    And this is the thing - I just know if I picked up a Zeno or something, I’’’d always be disappointed that I didn’t get the real deal. Guess that’s why the CWC (and any other established brands for that matter) are sitting where they are price wise, cos people are willing to pay extra for the brand history

Craftsman
    Out of all the watches I've sold over the years, my biggest regret was letting my SBS go. If they weren't so expensive I'd buy another to replace it. Having said that, I'm lucky to have a non date Diver quartz with black bezel, which my wife bought me for our 10th anniversary. Its my daily wearer and has a few knocks and scrapes. It gets a hard time. There is just 'something' about a CWC which makes me love them. Probably the heritage, probably the simplicity and robustness. Probably the fact that it's not a multi thousand pound watch which people will recognise.

Last edited by Bobbyf; 26th May 2020 at 18:57.

Blog Entries
    Sorry thread deviation- Anyone remember the Ray Wong homages he used to throw out ? Never had one and always wondered on the quality. I always assumed it was tiger concept levels of quality with little to no water rating. Still though for the price people used to rate them ...

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Monnin cases are the biz ,
    Last edited by Balance wheel; 28th September 2020 at 19:29.

Quote Originally Posted by Balance wheel View Post
    That’s nice not seen that dial before.
    It would be worth a small fortune if it had a CWC dial and some writing on the case back though. :-)

Blackie of this parish Monnin dive watch font of knowledge if I remember correctly. I believe he has more than a few.

Hi Neil

About twenty years ago I found a stall on a bootsale and the chap had around eight CWC G10's, They were £7 each, I think they're dead ugly and didn't but a single one!!!

Looking back I needed a slap for not buying them!!

I still think they're ugly little watchres though!

John

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    Hi Neil

About twenty years ago I found a stall on a bootsale and the chap had around eight CWC G10's, They were £7 each, I think they're dead ugly and didn't but a single one!!!

Looking back I needed a slap for not buying them!!

I still think they're ugly little watchres though!

John
    The G10 fatboy is possibly the best watch ever made

Apprentice
    I have friends who wouldn't spend more than £50 on a watch let alone 300, 500 etc etc. So the question is a CWC worth it is down to the individuals opinion. My advice would be to buy what you like when you like. Many many watches are not worth what the price tag says, they're just pieces of metal etc and often we pay for the name (like many things in life) but this is part of the game buying stuff. I tend to look at something and if I want it and its within my budget then thats it. I might want to know if the item is of a decent quality etc but quality and price dont go together. The CWC diver is a quality reliable watch, box ticked. The next question is do I want to part with "X" amount to own it. I'd be happier spending a chunk on an auto rather than a quartz movement. I dont think 500/600 is a lot so go ahead, jump in.

I just can't see them as good value. Sorry. Why?

• Because they used to be a lot cheaper and the price went up very quickly for no apparent reason of inflation. They definitely made money before the price hiked, it is clear they are making lots more now.
    • Because there are equally well made equivalents that are considerably cheaper (PRS-3 or Zeno)
    • I am not so taken with the heritage argument, as has been pointed out above, the CWC diver is a re-used Monin case, fitted with Omega-derived dial and hands
    • And because there are higher specification alternatives that are still cheaper (as I sit here wearing my Newmark 71).

I can totally see the value argument for a genuine issued example, there is some cachet to something that has actually been bought and used by the military.
    It also lends a genuine rarity, given a watch with real provenance.
    But a simple straight-from-CWC purchase is not that, it is a normal watch produced for public consumption with a military design.
    Think of the difference between a Milsub and a Civillian Sub, or MN Tudor and a normal Snowflake. Massive differentials between the issued and the civil verisons.
    CWC's pricing seems to want to justify charging the higher price for the unissued version.

So worth it? No, well, not to me.

Dave

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post

• Because they used to be a lot cheaper and the price went up very quickly for no apparent reason of inflation. They definitely made money before the price hiked, it is clear they are making lots more now.
    • Because there are equally well made equivalents that are considerably cheaper (PRS-3 or Zeno)
    • I am not so taken with the heritage argument, as has been pointed out above, the CWC diver is a re-used Monin case, fitted with Omega-derived dial and hands
    • And because there are higher specification alternatives that are still cheaper (as I sit here wearing my Newmark 71).

I can totally see the value argument for a genuine issued example, there is some cachet to something that has actually been bought and used by the military.
    But a simple straight-from-CWC purchase is not that, it is a normal watch produced for public consumption with a military design.
    Think of the difference between a Milsub and a Civillian Sub, or MN Tudor and a normal Snowflake. Massive differentials between the issued and the civil verisons.
    CWC's pricing seems to want to justify charging the higher price for the unissued version.

Dave
    In addition to the above, now that Silvermans own CWC, rather than just doing MoD disposal of surplus, it's getting harder to tell what is surplus issued kit & what's just a civvy production run with an NSN stamped on the back...

As a matter of interest, can anyone confirm - is this movement a drop in replacement?

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post

[*]Because they used to be a lot cheaper and the price went up very quickly for no apparent reason of inflation. They definitely made money before the price hiked, it is clear they are making lots more now.[*]Because there are equally well made equivalents that are considerably cheaper (PRS-3 or Zeno)[*]I am not so taken with the heritage argument, as has been pointed out above, the CWC diver is a re-used Monin case, fitted with Omega-derived dial and hands[*]And because there are higher specification alternatives that are still cheaper (as I sit here wearing my Newmark 71).

Dave
    I get that many folks don't want to pay CWC prices for something that is just a quartz watch but still I respectfully disagree with most of your conclusions.

Because they used to be a lot cheaper and the price went up very quickly for no apparent reason of inflation. They definitely made money before the price hiked, it is clear they are making lots more now.
    The newer models have 120 click bezels and sapphire crystals. They are also Swiss made and the Swiss franc has been one of the strongest currencies in the world for the last 10 years. But yeah, I get the point. The 7760 chronographs tripled in price in about 5 years despite just sitting in inventory (not building new ones) so I understand where you are coming from.

Because there are equally well made equivalents that are considerably cheaper (PRS-3 or Zeno)
    I've owned a stainless Zeno and still currently own a black Zeno. The bezels are not nearly as crisp as the CWC bezels. The dial and hands do not really match, the lume is green on the dial and white on the hands. They are nice and functional watches but not as refined as the CWC.

I am not so taken with the heritage argument, as has been pointed out above, the CWC diver is a re-used Monin case, fitted with Omega-derived dial and hands
    In all fairness the CWC dial is not derived from an Omega dial, it (like the Omega) is designed to comply with the specifications required by the MOD (DEF STAN 66-4).

And because there are higher specification alternatives that are still cheaper (as I sit here wearing my Newmark 71).
    Higher specification does not necessarily mean equal quality. I've not had great luck with Asian watches that don't have Seiko (or perhaps Scurfa) on the dial. I do suppose most Asian watches are better than the ones I've tried (a couple of ill advised eBay purchases that ended up trash - I couldn't sell them on in good conscience).

CWC watches may be overpriced but that is not unique in the watch world and in the end I'm happy with a CWC watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddiex View Post
    Just had a quick look at your website - I do like your Moonwatch! A quick thought - If you hadn't been exposed to 'higher end' watches and your extensive collection do you think the CWC would still be underwhelming?
    Yes I think so.

For the price you can get a very nice Seiko or similar, it's only the military attachment that draws interest from most IMO. Without that they are just a bog standard quartz watch.

I've owned quite a few military watches, usually bought in job lots, and to be honest I felt like an impostor wearing one as no branch of the military would ever have me . A bit Walt-like if you will.

As they say in the US (for more serious offences) "stolen valour."

This is the last one I had and was sold on here.

Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

Quote Originally Posted by Balance wheel View Post
    They can be found on all sorts of watches, often TAG's.

I have this Olympic quartz diver with a Monnin.

Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Saxon007 View Post
    I get that many folks don't want to pay CWC prices for something that is just a quartz watch but still I respectfully disagree with most of your conclusions.

CWC watches may be overpriced but that is not unique in the watch world and in the end I'm happy with a CWC watch.
    I was going to type a long reply but this covered it really for me!

I think if you buy purely on specifications then you’d look elsewhere eg Scurfa etc. But I was very pleasantly surprised by the quality of my CWC Diver after the reviews I’d read. a definite step up from my TF PRS 3. Plus it’s Swiss made and has bags of its own history. The military link isn’t for everyone but means a lot to me.

The good thing is if you pick one up from SC you can move it on easily if you don’t like it.

Master
    Several references to ‘just a quartz watch’. Meaning what? You might as well say ‘just a mechanical watch.’ Quartz watches range from something at a fiver to a high spec Grand Seiko.
    These days, I don’t have a fixed view on the technology. They’re all watches. As for the notion that wearing a CWC is somehow an attempt to impersonate a member of the armed forces (‘stolen valour’) Is that a joke? Because it’s certainly laughable.

There we were having a perfectly civilised discussion, involving exchanges of views without getting all name-cally about the issues, even though we might be disagreeing. And suddenly the slippery slope appears and threads start ot get a little bit tart, and the insults will be starting any moment. Please let's all rein it in and stick to the topic.

On that topic, I certainly get Saxon007's points. I was not aware of the upscaling of specification at the time of the metoeric price rise, it is a little more excusable than I thought.
    However, I still maintain that for my own value judgement, better can be had cheaper, and that the heritage is not CWC's. I grant you the Omega was made to the MoD design, but that makes it even less CWC'c effort, especially as Omega had made to that design about 18 or 20 years before CWC started (I think 1962 and 1980, but am not sure).
    Eddie has stated that the new PRS3 is aiming for a target price under £200. The cheapest CWC diver I see on the Silvermans site id £499, and the OP was looking at a £699 one.
    Same spec, pretty much. That is a BIG diffeence in percentage terms. 3 of Eddies for one CWC?

The title of this thread is a value request, is it worth it?
    And specification must also be an important factor in that balance, although it is not the only criteria.
    I certainly acknowledge that resale value on the CWC is not bad, but you would lose in monetary terms a large proportion of the purchase cost of the new PRS-3, if sold. At the moment a lot of Eddie's output is selling at a premium, so that makes the 3 even better value.........
    And Precista also has a strong military heritage, like CWC.
    I have not owned the Zeno equivalent, I am not sure I really like the idea of a Zeno signed dial with one of Eddie's casebacks on the same watch, it seems wrong somehow.
    And I have no idea when the 3 will be re-released, but value wise, it is likely to rattle the CWC'c cage quite hard.
    Dave

I think my next watch will either be Eddie’s planned PRS-3 or a CWC, although is it true that Eddie has a few other releases coming before the PRS-3? And if so we may not see the PRS-3 until 2021 or later? I’m just guessing based on what I’ve seen posted here in the forums. It doesn’t seem like the PRS-3 is a priority at this point.

I’m not too concerned about the price, but I do want Super-LumiNova or equivalent, something really bright, brushed chapter ring, and removable spring bars to allow for a rubber strap or metal bracelet.