closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: The complete cost of watch ownership

The complete cost of watch ownership

I always think that talking about watches and money is a bit crass but being a bit bored and spurred by the ‘how many watches’ thread I made a spreadsheet on buying and selling for the 44 watches I’ve owned since joining the forum to understand how large the hole actually was

Not wanting to talk about the total sum of purchases It turns out my watch hobby has cost me £3050 in watch costs (purchase - sales ) or rental, £1500 in straps and £341 in postage cost since 2009

So roughly £35 per month

I’m happy with that and far less than I thought, since I don’t drink or smoke I think my wife owes me a watch

I’m not going anywhere near that calculation - I’m just hoping that a few of luckier purchases over the years have offset a very large number of losses.
    It's just a matter of time...

Let's just say I have probably spent more each month on watches than I did on paying the mortgage when that was in its last few years. I'm not calculating beyond this point...

Yeah...I'm defintely not going anywhere near that calculation. Not being an amateur watch trader like some on here, I've managed to lose thousands because of my uncanny ability to "buy high, sell low" in every trade I ever do in my life...watches, houses, stocks, crypto....

The only saving grace, is that I've enjoyed my work so I've never felt that my income has been hard grafted. Easy come, easy go...
    Last edited by Christian; 25th May 2020 at 13:09.

Quote Originally Posted by Omegamanic View Post
    I’m not going anywhere near that calculation - I’m just hoping that a few of luckier purchases over the years have offset a very large number of losses.
    Yep!

Master
    If I sold all of my Rolex at a slightly below market rate I would show a nice healthy profit. I think the answer is not to continuously flip.