TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: SKX007/009 – how much?!?

SKX007/009 – how much?!?

This made my eyes bleed…

A 'j' 009 on rubbber

https://www.watchnation.com/product/...made-divers-2/

And even worse, a 'k' 007 on jubilee

https://www.watchnation.com/product/...atch-skx007k2/

If that’s the going rate I will put mine on SC...
    They can’t have many / any takers at that price?

Yeah & that's the sale price too!

I have noticed even on creation watches the skx007 have gone up in price as they become less available

Journeyman
    Wow! They were 250 on amazon a couple of weeks ago

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Goochie81 View Post
    Wow! They were 250 on amazon a couple of weeks ago

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    I’m sure you could get them from creation for under a ton but that was quite a while ago, thought when I last saw them for 250 it was pushing it a bit but it now looks like the boat is well and truly afloat.

Ridiculous.... I mean they are a good watch, but not at that price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I understand that they're discontinued, so if you want a new one, they'll be harder and harder to find...

It doesn't seem long ago I bought a couple for eighty quid each!
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

Craftsman
    Do you think they will settle down after a while, or are they going to stay at the £500 mark?

Craftsman
    I love mine,but I would never pay those prices??? I paid about £150 a few years ago when creation watches were still being creative with the tax rules

Sent from my SM-G960F using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmATeaf View Post
    I’m sure you could get them from creation for under a ton but that was quite a while ago, thought when I last saw them for 250 it was pushing it a bit but it now looks like the boat is well and truly afloat.
    Todays Creation price £263

https://www.creationwatches.com/prod...BoCcTsQAvD_BwE
    Last edited by higham5; 25th May 2020 at 16:28.

Craftsman
    I bought one 10 years ago for under £100.

I really wish I still had it.

The prices are getting ridiculous. I really hope used prices will settle down after the feeding frenzy to get the last brand new ones (which lets face it, have been sitting in warehouses for years at this stage anyway) has died down.

Blog Entries
    The new R———x get ready to pamper your AD when they reopen unless of course you have the special number.
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan View Post
    I bought one 10 years ago for under £100.

I really wish I still had it.

The prices are getting ridiculous. I really hope used prices will settle down after the feeding frenzy to get the last brand new ones (which lets face it, have been sitting in warehouses for years at this stage anyway) has died down.
    The prices went loopy for a short while for the Sarb017 when it was announced it was finishing. Still higher than previous bit have settled down quite a bit now. The skx will likely be the same.

Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ruggertech View Post
    The prices went loopy for a short while for the Sarb017 when it was announced it was finishing. Still higher than previous bit have settled down quite a bit now. The skx will likely be the same.

Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk
    Absolutely, there are simply too many of them around for it not to settle at a reasonable level.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Derivative View Post
    Absolutely, there are simply too many of them around for it not to settle at a reasonable level.
    Absolutely. They were ubiquitous for what, 25 years? I'm sure bigger seiko fanboys than me will be able to point out all the slight variations to the components over that time, but to the relatively ignorant, like me, it remained unchanged throughout it's entire run.

It must be the most popular, and therefore the most common dive watch ever produced?

I think it shows how silly the market can be that they are commanding the kind of prices they currently are. Especially some of the used ones I see on eBay.

I can almost ubderstand someone wanting to pay silly money for a factory fresh one, but again, there were rumours Seiko were stopping producing these years ago, so a brand new one is effectively NOS at this point.

I've had both 007 and 009 but this variant (much more attractive to my eye at least) is the one I've kept hold of.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    Yes, I recall kitting all the guys out at work with Orange or Black monsters, creation at around £79 each and in those days there was never a customs charge.

Quote Originally Posted by reggie747 View Post
    I've had both 007 and 009 but this variant (much more attractive to my eye at least) is the one I've kept hold of.

Aye! Looks good on that mesh as well

Blog Entries
    Throwback~~Eddie used to have them in stock back in 04 I think for around £95!!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post
    I remember buying them in HK for fifty.

My 007 was $207 from Freddy at 21jewels in 2013.

It seems that all Seiko have shot up in price, Monsters are another one that could be had for around the £100 Mark, now look at them!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Neilw3030 View Post
    It seems that all Seiko have shot up in price, Monsters are another one that could be had for around the £100 Mark, now look at them!
    I think it's every decent brand that isn't Rolex. Watch prices have been going up rapidly for years but, since the Rolex emergency, everything decent at a traditionally lower price point has radically increased in popularity, desirability, and price.

Bloody knew I should have got one years ago!

Good deals can be had on the used market. 200-250USD

If you think that’s bad, I’ve been looking for an SKX171 for ages. There’s one on eBay for £600! There are more affordable ones in the impenetrable Uhrforum but as I don’t speak German, taking their membership test isn’t viable...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Idontgram View Post
    If you think that’s bad, I’ve been looking for an SKX171 for ages. There’s one on eBay for £600! There are more affordable ones in the impenetrable Uhrforum but as I don’t speak German, taking their membership test isn’t viable...
    I saw that one and the seller is a dreamer imho. I was looking for a 171 dial last year and the dials alone were fetching up to £120 at auction, then a complete watch came up for auction and I got it for just under £200.

I think there's currently a bubble in SKX prices as people now know they're discontinued and are bidding up what they believe are the last remaining stocks, but the flaw is that there are tens of thousands of the things out there and they'll still be easy to find in great condition in ten or twenty years time.

Journeyman
    Now I'm sorry that I have not bought the SKX009, to have both of them.

Exclamation

Crikey!

I feel like I stole mine from vwfan now as it was only £75 +P&P It's absolutely like new to me too..

Surely no one will buy them from the outlets in the links?????

John...

SKX007/009 – how much?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Dynam0humm View Post
    I saw that one and the seller is a dreamer imho. I was looking for a 171 dial last year and the dials alone were fetching up to £120 at auction, then a complete watch came up for auction and I got it for just under £200.

I think there's currently a bubble in SKX prices as people now know they're discontinued and are bidding up what they believe are the last remaining stocks, but the flaw is that there are tens of thousands of the things out there and they'll still be easy to find in great condition in ten or twenty years time.
    I’ve often fancied an skx171 so keep an eye on them when they pop up on eBay. Have seen a few nice examples go for anywhere between £200-300, so anyone asking £600 is having a some kind of mini breakdown.

Same with the SKX007s, makes me chuckle the amount of folks trying to sell with buy it now prices of £350+, listings heavily laced with ‘ICONIC’, and ‘DISCONTINUED’, when you can still get them brand new for under £250!

Loads of chancers out there looking to take advantage - sadly will be plenty of people who fall for it
    Last edited by enndriz; 4th June 2020 at 20:43.

Craftsman
    Isn't the price of the 171 being driven up because people want the dials for modding?

Isn't the price of the 171 being driven up because people want the dials for modding?
    That’s why I want one... but still

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Idontgram View Post
    That’s why I want one... but still
    Haha!

I don't blame you though. They are a nice upgrade to the 007 dial.

You don’t even need to take the dial out of the 171 - just replace the god awful stock bezel with a coin edge, and they look better than any skx007

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    Look at ebay prices for the Seiko 'SRP' Orange Monsters, there are chancers on there with BINs of nearly £1000 and completed sales in the 4-800 range, wish I could find the box for mine as if I could get the upper end for it, it'd be off to pastures new and I'd be glued to slaes corner and C24 lol