closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Heads up for the cyclists - Half price Hiplok

Master

Heads up for the cyclists - Half price Hiplok

There seems to be a few cyclists on here so thought I'd share this as looks like a good deal. I seem to me doing more bike trips to the shop, chemist etc at the moment and thought this would be useful rather than lugging along my heavy d lock for such a short stop.

https://hiplok.com/product/hiplok-spin/
    Enter code SPIN50 for 50% off this weekend

It's not the greatest security and I will still use my d lock for longer lock ups but is still much better than the cable lock I'm sometimes tempted to use.

Craftsman
    I couldn’t get the code to work. However, I already have a Hiplok Lite and it’s excellent. The belt carrying idea is great as you must don’t notice the weight of the lock.

Thanks for that , just ordered one - discount code worked for me.

Craftsman
    Worked for me as well, thanks Craig

Craftsman
    Thanks very much Craig, ordered one for my son.

Cheers
    Rory

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks mate - ordered one.

Appears it only works on the yellow version, not all black. That's said, thank you.

I'm not sure if this is another TZ heads-up that'll sit unused, bit I'm sure it'll come handy some day.

Craftsman
    Thanks for heads up 👍

Excellent, just what I needed. Thank you for the heads up.

Journeyman

Thanks! Placed my order.

Neon yellow worked.

Craftsman
    Thanks for the heads up. Been on the lookout for something like this.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Cheers, got one too.

Sent from my OnePlus 6T using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    And another thanks. Perfect for nipping to the Post Office etc.

Mine arrived today. Very prompt delivery. Impressed. Thanks again.

Master

Code still working

I'm pleased so many people have made use of this. Mine arrived today and looks great for the money. I've checked and the code is still working despite it saying it was only for last weekend.

Journeyman
    Received mine yesterday and tested today. It’s a little shorter than I was expecting but it goes around the tree at the local PO so all good

Journeyman
    Thanks for posting.
    Ordered mine today the 28 May. Code worked for me. I ordered the neon, I didn't check any other colours.

Craftsman
    Worked for me too -but it’s quite right it doesn’t work for the black one. Thanks for the heads up.

Thanks also - code only worked on the neon but that isn't an issue and a great product with quick delivery.

Cycling to the shops more I've been finding myself having to wear the lock I have to give more room in my bag and its very uncomfortable so this is ideal

They've done alright out of the TZ'rs! I ordered the yellow one. Code worked ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
    They've done alright out of the TZ'rs! I ordered the yellow one. Code worked ok.
    Me too, thanks for the heads up

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Got mine today.

Will do the job just fine

Sent from my OnePlus 6T using Tapatalk

Just ordered - code still working
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rod View Post
    They certainly have. I've had a couple of glasses of guiness tonight so plucked up the courage to send this message to hiplok!

Hi, I recently purchased a hiplok spin using the half price code, great lock and great deal, thank you. I happened to share the code on a watch forum I frequent, TZ-UK (I love bikes and watches). Turns out over 20 people have bought a lock as a result so far. I've had a couple of shandys tonight so thought I'd be cheeky and ask if you might chuck a tenner or so into the forums charity fund? Link to the thread here: https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...f-price-Hiplok no worries if not but would be smashing if you did. Cheers, Craig.

Craftsman
    My 10 year son received the lock he was over the moon - cheers again Craig!

I emailed hiplock go ask if this had any bronze/silver/gold rating as my insurance requires gold but no reply. Can anyone confirm if it has a rating and which one? For the price I can't imagine it's Gold but could be surprised!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    I emailed hiplock go ask if this had any bronze/silver/gold rating as my insurance requires gold but no reply. Can anyone confirm if it has a rating and which one? For the price I can't imagine it's Gold but could be surprised!
    I'm pretty sure this lock isn't sold secure rated. When looking at other hiplok models they show the little sold secure logo, but the spin doesn't show any.

I'll be using this lock for quick stops at shops etc. or as a secondary lock when locking up for the day at work. I'll still use my gold rated d lock as my primary lock and my kryptonite gold rated (and very heavy) chain when locked in the garage.

On a separate note this guy is worth a watch on you tube, I find him entertaining as well as informative about bike locking. Search "Hal grades your bike locking" or follow the link.

https://youtu.be/IR8jdnsP4Tc
    Last edited by Craig; 30th May 2020 at 14:50.

Journeyman
    The Spin is definitely not Sold Secure rated. This is a decent site with some useful info on higher security locks - http://thebestbikelock.com/

Heads up for the cyclists - Half price Hiplok

I don’t think any combination lock can be rated. I could be wrong though.
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    I'm pretty sure this lock isn't sold secure rated. When looking at other hiplok models they show the little sold secure logo, but the spin doesn't show any.

I'll be using this lock for quick stops at shops etc. or as a secondary lock when locking up for the day at work. I'll still use my gold rated d lock as my primary lock and my kryptonite gold rated (and very heavy) chain when locked in the garage.

On a separate note this guy is worth a watch on you tube, I find him entertaining as well as informative about bike locking. Search "Hal grades your bike locking" or follow the link.
    Interesting video and quite informative. I watch a lot of the videos by lockpickinglawyer. Not because I think anyone will pick a bike lock but he does do other tests and just generally tells you what he uses and what he thinks is useless.

https://youtu.be/SpVOTEOMRuE

I think the discounted hip lock could be interesting for a quick post office trip on my old mountain bike but I'd hate to be absent minded one day and take it on the 'real' bike and not be covered.

The code is still active if anyone’s looking. Ideal for a secondary lock along with my D-lock, I bought two now the missus has decided she’ll join me for a few short bike rides.

Having seen the urchins in action with bolt croppers, and seen that it takes them literally seconds to cut through any wire lock, there is no substitute for a good D-lock. Just as convenient when attached to the bike with a quick release bracket.

I don’t bother with bike insurance or anything else, just an Abus Granit Xplus 540 keeps the theiving scum at bay.

Cheers! Just ordered one to use as an motorbike helmet lock.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by noTAGlove View Post
    Having seen the urchins in action with bolt croppers, and seen that it takes them literally seconds to cut through any wire lock, there is no substitute for a good D-lock. Just as convenient when attached to the bike with a quick release bracket.

I don’t bother with bike insurance or anything else, just an Abus Granit Xplus 540 keeps the theiving scum at bay.

I use the same Abus as my primary lock. I'm pretty confident any would be thief would just move on to an easier target.

Coupon not working for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Coupon not working for me.
    Nor me

Worked yesterday evening - perhaps they have suddenly realised it was still ‘live’ but wasn’t meant to be?

I managed to nab two with the discount last night. It only worked with the neon yellow version. I tried the black first but no joy.

Damn I missed this and bought a Hiplock last month.

They do make a Gold rated one, this is the one I bought from Amazon (it's key locked rather than combination):
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hiplok-GOLD...7047593&sr=8-8

Master
    Funny, just seen this and it’s exactly how I carry my big ABUS lock. It’s a heavy old unit but after a short while you just forget about it. Good product.