closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: eBay £1 final fee

Journeyman

eBay £1 final fee

Hello all,

I hope everyone is keeping safe and well.

I have noticed that eBay are offering the £1 listings again, which I have half been waiting for.

Would anyone know if the £1 has a limit. I have a watch of around £5k to sell and the deal would make a great difference, but wouldn’t want a nasty surprise when the bill comes through.

Thanks!

Master
    No I have used it for all sorts of items over the years of varying values. It is £1 maximum final value fee regardless of sale price.

It is just £1, but you would still pay 4% PayPal fees. It ends tonight I think, so be quick getting those listings up.

Master
    Just read the terms of the deal. Quite simple to understand. Just don't let the listing roll over.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    It is just £1, but you would still pay 4% PayPal fees. It ends tonight I think, so be quick getting those listings up.
    Mine runs to 31st May Ken so others may have the same deal. eBay has given over a week for listings to be made this time around.

Yeah, just factor in Paypal fees. Looks like Ebay has amended this T&C where the transaction has to go through paypal. I used to be able to sell with just COD and ebay only charges £1, looks like it's not the case now.

Quote Originally Posted by midgetda View Post
    Mine runs to 31st May Ken so others may have the same deal. eBay has given over a week for listings to be made this time around.
    Apologies, just checked and you are right. They don't normally run for that long

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelv_w View Post
    Yeah, just factor in Paypal fees. Looks like Ebay has amended this T&C where the transaction has to go through paypal. I used to be able to sell with just COD and ebay only charges £1, looks like it's not the case now.
    Good spot - that is definitely a change to the previous Ts & Cs.

Until the 31st for me aswell. Normally starts on the Friday and runs out midnight Monday at the most, so let's hope this is the shape of things to come.
    Are the PayPal fees 4% of the total regardless of what it is, or does the percentage drop after a certain amount is reached?

Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Apologies, just checked and you are right. They don't normally run for that long
    ........and you can list up to 300 items rather than the 100 in previous offers.

Master
    wow, that is a big change for anyone selling high end watches. i bet lots of people have not read that fully are going to be in for a nasty surprise come bill time next month!

i sold a black bay, but thankfully it was a PayPal transaction!

Craftsman
    That is a good spot indeed.

Just sold a Speedmaster which nearly went through the Ebay system and wouldn't have been PayPal.

The other nasty change they made not so long ago is they auto relist if not sold in the promotion period.
    So you have to keep watch when all your listing run out so that they dont get rolled onto full 10% fee listings.

I also recommend taking a screen shot of your acceptance of the offer showing the dates it’s applicable for. I once got charged the full 10% and had to contest it....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGent View Post
    I also recommend taking a screen shot of your acceptance of the offer showing the dates it’s applicable for. I once got charged the full 10% and had to contest it....

I had to call in to get the charge removed on two entirely separate occasions

Master
    Good spot
    So as long as it goes through PayPal it’s still £1
    Ie if buyer arranges their own courier

Quote Originally Posted by lewie View Post
    So as long as it goes through PayPal it’s still £1
    Ie if buyer arranges their own courier
    It is very risky to allow a buyer to arrange their own courier for items which have been paid for by PayPal, as the seller will have no evidence of having used a tracked service to deliver, and will almost certainly lose an INR (Item Not Received) claim if the buyer is a scammer. It's no better than letting the buyer themself collect, which is a total no-no if PayPal has been used as the payment method.

There is also the issue of where liability lies if the item is damaged in transit.

More information here: https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com...s#post65282064

(Also a reminder that people who pay by PayPal have up to 180 days to raise a SNAD (Significantly Not As Described) claim, so if you take payment by PayPal you need to hold on to all your paperwork for at least that long. It's not unknown for the bad guys to wait until day 179 before submitting a claim).

Thanks for the heads up. I’ve just stuck my watch on as little interest here.

A good tip is to check back on the offer straight after you have listed your watch, you will see the number of times the offer has been used and the number you have remaining. I’ve only managed to do this on the classic site pages of my eBay, doesn’t seem to work on mobile site or in app. The numbers should reflect what you’ve listed. If not it ain’t worked!

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    Quote Originally Posted by xellos99 View Post
    The other nasty change they made not so long ago is they auto relist if not sold in the promotion period.
    So you have to keep watch when all your listing run out so that they dont get rolled onto full 10% fee listings.
    You can list it as a 'buy it now' for the duration 'good till cancelled' which effectively means about 30 days and also you elect for unsold listings not to be auto- relisted.

Quote Originally Posted by enndriz View Post
    A good tip is to check back on the offer straight after you have listed your watch, you will see the number of times the offer has been used and the number you have remaining. I’ve only managed to do this on the classic site pages of my eBay, doesn’t seem to work on mobile site or in app. The numbers should reflect what you’ve listed. If not it ain’t worked!

Works fine in the app..My EBay / Selling then look at the page and there are green circles with the info.

Its not a recent change by any means....it's been this way for some time.

Apprentice

me too!

Quote Originally Posted by xellos99 View Post
    Haha i've been stung a few times by this one! Very frustrating.

Thanks for the heads up, going to list a few watches I want to swap out 👍