closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Zenith Defy El Primero 21

Craftsman

Zenith Defy El Primero 21

Took this image yesterday and can say its the first time photographing this particular watch where i have been happy with the look of the dial. normally the crystal makes the dial look as if its lacking any depth and no contrast so im happy with this one for once.

Zenith and Versace by Mark Molloy, on Flickr

Master
    Blog Entries
    Love that range but the chrono is a bit large for me.

I tried on the 41 with the blue dial last year and it's a real contender for a future buy.

Enjoy it!

Craftsman
    I keep coming back to this watch. Tried it on in selfridges a while back and loved it. Wished I’d jumped on Martins one when it went on SC. You snooze you lose ! I’m banned from buying any more watches at the moment but if my jobs secure in another 6 months one of these is at the top of the list.

Craftsman
    I like this one, has an air of mystery and intrigue about it, definitely not a plain jane.

Does the bracelet trap and pinch the hairs when it moves around?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    I like that one. But am intrigued by the Defy Inventor, purely for fthe inventiveness. If Zenith produced on without the weird titanium alloy for the bezel - I may have got one by now.

I really like some of the Defy watches but having girl sized wrist means they are a no no.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    I like that one. But am intrigued by the Defy Inventor, purely for fthe inventiveness. If Zenith produced on without the weird titanium alloy for the bezel - I may have got one by now.
    Totally agree its very interesting but the bezel puts me off it. That movement would make me schizophrenic, my blood pressure would rise just watching it. Lol.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by CatalystGuy View Post
    I like this one, has an air of mystery and intrigue about it, definitely not a plain jane.

Does the bracelet trap and pinch the hairs when it moves around?

Nope the bracelet is very good and comfy even though there isnt any micro adjust. Some mention the deployant not being comfy but that occurs only with the strap version. No issues at all with the bracelet.

Great photo and very cool watch

Master
    Superb pics of a lovely watch. I’d caution anyone against buying online though as it’s the only bracelet that has defied my abilities so I’m unable to wear it until jewellers reopen. A tad frustrating!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by thebuffoon View Post
    Superb pics of a lovely watch. I’d caution anyone against buying online though as it’s the only bracelet that has defied my abilities so I’m unable to wear it until jewellers reopen. A tad frustrating!

Lol. Thats does look a little big. I didnt get anything taken off the bracelet and it fits just the way i like it. Cant you remove the screws yourself to take a link or two out?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by markyboy.1967 View Post
    Lol. Thats does look a little big. I didnt get anything taken off the bracelet and it fits just the way i like it. Cant you remove the screws yourself to take a link or two out?
    Sadly, even with the Burgeon tool I’ve not managed too get a screw out.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thebuffoon View Post
    Sadly, even with the Burgeon tool I’ve not managed too get a screw out.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Try applying heat directly - that should loosen the locktite glue - even holding those links over a gas hob if you are brave

Craftsman
    Not taken a link out myself on this but its a oain as you need touse a screwdriver in both sides i believe and the glue would make it worse.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mtagrant View Post
    Try applying heat directly - that should loosen the locktite glue - even holding those links over a gas hob if you are brave
    With Titanium? Braver still. As said - you need a screwdriver each side to get these out. It can be done, best have a watch head holder if you have one.

Love this watch and great photo. If I could stretch my budget a bit I’d have one for sure.

Master
    With Titanium? Braver still. As said - you need a screwdriver each side to get these out. It can be done, best have a watch head holder if you have one.
    Didn’t realise these were titanium - may not be the best idea then

Master
    I bought a Bergeron 6670-S but even then I’ve sadly admitted defeat, just not enough purchase on the screw that needs to be held while turning the screw being worked on.

A lesson for me in thinking through online buying!