Recently acquired this gorgeous Aerotimer, its starting to change my opinion on what i want from my watch size wise, im finding the low profile case welcome after wearing some quite thick divers, only trouble with this watch im finding is that as much as like the ratchet clasp the bracelet, it just stand way too tall on the wrist and looks clumsy. Now generally i welcome these clasps as they provide easy adjustability on hot days especially, but i feel on this beads of rice bracelet the clasp overpowers it, just doesn't flow well.
So had a look in my parts boxes and found a strapcode jubilee bracelet for a Seiko, I already have a Seiko clasp i was going to transfer to that bracelet, in a few seconds i had it off and stripped the Aerotimer one to see if it would work.
The short answer was no, it wouldn't fit, the ends on the beads of rice are angled upwards and almost triangular in shape, as can be seen in the pics, the BOR clasp springbar locating holes are set at a different height to the new clasp. As you do, out came a file and I duly filed the high point off the BOR ends to lower the height, after a bit of trial fitting i arrived at a descent fit that im happy with.
The end result is in my opinion a much smoother, low profile and fitted clasp that has made the watch more wearable, sacrificed the easy adjustability but then hardly any watches have that function anyway. Bottom line is I reckon it looks way better and is more comfortable to boot.
Now the only thing on my mind is do i find someone to engrave the P on the new clasp just to finish it off, off is that going to be a copy rite infringement ?