closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: "10 Vintage reissues under $1,000".

"10 Vintage reissues under $1,000".

Apols if this was posted here by someone else back in April when it dropped on W&W but I've just come across it. Some really interesting things in here. The Doxa Sub-200 would be my choice, albeit wary of the apparently not very good lume. Never owned a Junghans either, and this has reminded me that as I need a dress watch again I should probably have a look at them used.

https://wornandwound.com/nostalgia-m...es-under-1000/

...and here's part two of the same article: $1,000-$3,000 https://wornandwound.com/nostalgia-m...1000-and-3000/

Master
    good general reading - thanks for posting

Quote Originally Posted by BillN View Post
    good general reading - thanks for posting
    No worries.

Thanks for that - not really a reissue fan, then realise I do have one in the Turtle, which I've been wearing today. It really is a fab watch

Craftsman
    I wish seiko would reissue some of their classic 70s chronographs. Some really iconic stuff in that corner of their back catalogue.

If they could start with the 6139-7100 that would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan View Post
    I wish seiko would reissue some of their classic 70s chronographs. Some really iconic stuff in that corner of their back catalogue.

Me too although they have form of releasing classic watches at very high prices .

They did an amazing reverse panda quartz chrono

I think it's quite likely - it's been 60s and 70s dive reissues for the last few years, usually a few hyper expensive ltd editions twinned with more accessible reimaginings. Going really well for them so I expect we'll start seeing "new" Pogues etc before too long.

Craftsman
    It's the more affordable reimaginings I'd be all over. Either a pogue or a helmet would do me.

What movements do seiko have in their current line-up which would fit the bill though?

Is there a single subdial, day-date automatic chrono?

It's the more affordable reimaginings I'd be all over. Either a pogue or a helmet would do me.

What movements do seiko have in their current line-up which would fit the bill though?

Is there a single subdial, day-date automatic chrono?
    It's a good point. I guess the joy of being Seiko is if there's nothing to hand it's not hard to refire something, given they make every part of a watch (down to the lubricating oil) themselves. They are their own supply line.

an affordable 6138/6139 re-issue would be amazing. Still some of the best looking chronos around for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by FrontierGibberish View Post
    I think it's quite likely - it's been 60s and 70s dive reissues for the last few years, usually a few hyper expensive ltd editions twinned with more accessible reimaginings. Going really well for them so I expect we'll start seeing "new" Pogues etc before too long.
    I doubt it TBH.

The modern "reissues" are driven by modern movements and the 6138/9's have been out of production for decades.

I don't think Seiko would completely restart production of a complicated chronograph movement for something that would be expensive and perhaps not that popular.

They could of course have them driven by quartz movements but I think that would defeat the object.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

Agreed - I didn't mean they'd restart production of an old movement, I meant they'll find something they've got, and alter the reissues to make it fit; coz they've got so much "got" to choose from.

Craftsman
    It wouldn't be my preference, but I'd probably accept a reissue with a quartz movement.

Something with some horological interest, preferably.

They could even do what a lot of the microbrands do with chronos nowadays and offer both a quartz and auto option at different price points.

For me, the key would be a relatively faithful reissue in terms of dimensions, dial layouts, etc.

I also absolutely don't mind if they have prospex branding.