closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seiko's Prospex LX line - SpringDrive Land, Sea and Air

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Qatar-wol View Post
    It's a Haveston canvas strap, of the kind being discussed here - https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.p...st#post5428921

It feels like a good fit, despite the Seiko being already nearly 14mm thick.
    Cheers!

Same canvas strap. It's lovely, but it takes an age to dry after a dip!

Master
    That’s a gorgeous watch!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apprentice
    Am I right in thinking that the sea varient (aka mm300 bigger brother) only has a titanium bezel insert and not ceramic?

I've tried to find info on this and there doesn't seem to be anything that can officially confirm this either way.

Not sure if want a titanium bezel insert personally.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

I've seen no mention of ceramic inserts, sorry.

Been wearing the LX Land today, and it's a great watch.

Craftsman
    Looks absolutely lovely.

I'm definitely tempted!

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto View Post
    Looks absolutely lovely.

I'm definitely tempted!
    It's seriously lovely. But it's no SBGE001.

Craftsman
    It's seriously lovely. But it's no SBGE001.
    I couldn't help but notice you had another one in the stable! The SBGE001 is still my favourite.. love it.

Master
    Love the look of the non PVD sea but must admit that land looks excellent on that strap. All very nice watches.....just wish I had the funds😁

Quote Originally Posted by Roberto View Post
    I couldn't help but notice you had another one in the stable! The SBGE001 is still my favourite.. love it.
    I'm a lucky man.

In any other year, I would have sold one, or the other, and one of my visitors to Qatar would have taken it back and posted it. But this year? I'm (sadly!) stuck with them for a bit! At least until October, when I get back to the UK. You know - if plans have any meaning anymore.

Wearing this one today - again on a different strap, to keep the OEM neat. I love how the shade of black changes from angle to angle, how it had two polished hands, two matt hands (ignoring the PR!)

Master
    Beautiful watch that is, you have quite a soft spot for seiko pieces clearly

Quote Originally Posted by Macca View Post
    Beautiful watch that is, you have quite a soft spot for seiko pieces clearly

I would have laughed at this a week ago, and shook my head, "No", but then I realised that about 5 from 9 of my watches at the moment are Seiko, so who even knows anymore?

I would have laughed at this a week ago, and shook my head, "No", but then I realised that about 5 from 9 of my watches at the moment are Seiko, so who even knows anymore?
    You can redress that balance by bringing the SBGE001 back to the UK to send to me in OCtober.
    Then it'll be 4 of 8, and 50% isn't too excessive

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    You can redress that balance...
    Ha, sorry!

The SBGE001 is the original GS watch, I think, and pre-dates both both these newcomers. And the 001 will be in my watch box long after the other two have flown, sorry. It's very close to the perfect watch.

(Pictured here with my afternoon Pimms.)

Oh well, worth trying

Quatar-wol- interested to know if you have any further thoughts on your favourite as you’ve had them a month or so now and which, if any, will go back out of the door ..
    Thanks
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by DANH View Post
    Quatar-wol- interested to know if you have any further thoughts on your favourite as you’ve had them a month or so now and which, if any, will go back out of the door ..
    Thanks
    Dan
    Thanks for asking - I have got some more thoughts, and... Well, I've been making some dumb videos, mainly for the guys on a different forum, about watches, and I think my next one will be about these two Seikos. I might get the video finished this afternoon. We'll see!

Until then,

Thanks for asking - I have got some more thoughts, and... Well, I've been making some dumb videos, mainly for the guys on a different forum, about watches, and I think my next one will be about these two Seikos. I might get the video finished this afternoon. We'll see!

Until then,

Ah good - be sure to share it once done if you don’t mind!
    Dan

Here you go, as threatened. I've tried to keep the language clean-ish, and feel free to check out my other amateurish videos, too!

https://youtu.be/ty9c0-6T7pQ

Just bumping this thread beacuse, after 5 years, I've just re-bought exactly the same SBDB005 that I sold on the SC!

I might even do another video!

Just bumping this thread beacuse, after 5 years, I've just re-bought exactly the same SBDB005 that I sold on the SC!

Haha, congrats! Mighty fine watch that, considered it myself, but it really is just too big for me. So now you have 2 LX, this Landmaster and the GS? That would be an interesting comparison!

So, yes! At the moment, two LX, one GS and this. And I'm trying to buy a house! Watch the sales corner in a month or so!

Stunning moggy! Brought a tear to my eye, reminded me so much of mine that passed earlier this summer. Nice watch too.

Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

I like them but their are bigger than they need to be. And unless they are deeply discounted, I would rather have the nearest GS equivalent.

Here you go, as threatened. I've tried to keep the language clean-ish, and feel free to check out my other amateurish videos, too!

https://youtu.be/ty9c0-6T7pQ
    Totally missed this first time around thanks for posting I enjoyed that. Decent review !
    Dan

Master
    I don't want to bomb stilgoes sales post so resurrecting this oldy. Now a few have experienced the LX range can they say, in their view, does it sit apart from GS or is it comparable? I'm quite interested in stilgoes diver but would I still have an itch for a GS diver? Interested to hear some thoughts, particularly if you've had an LX and a GS sport watch....if both were divers even better.

Master
    I've had the GS spring drive diver, have the 9F GS quartz diver now, and used to own the LX GMT, so hopefully I can say I'm somewhat qualified to answer your question.
    I would absolutely say that the LX is on a par with the GS in terms of finishing and looks, and would love to own another. I only sold the GMT as it came on a leather strap, and I like to be able to get my watches wet if needed. I kick myself as when I brought the LX (at 50% off) they had the LX diver for the same discount, but I went for the cheaper option.
    If I had the cash I'd jump at the one on SC now. Gratuitous pic of LX below!

Last edited by Skip; 3rd October 2022 at 18:56.

Master
    Thanks! And wow that was some discount!

I sold stilgoes his LX that I had picked up from Steve,I then ended up buying the non LE version off SC a month or so ago, I also have skips GMT. I've gone from not having any Seikos to having 2 LXs, the quality is top notch, makes the Mm300 look poor

Love them both, the hands on the diver are better in my opinion than the GS diver

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Chewitt13; 5th October 2022 at 20:16.