closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Navigator prototype

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Don't know how much more than 0.5mm the flat top on this is

That is a JLC. It has completely different parameters, though it looks quite similar.
    How to make a secret watch: https://i.imgur.com/O4Ino7v.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by abraxas View Post
    That is a JLC. It has completely different parameters, though it looks quite similar.
    Thank you for helping me read the logo. You've missed my point, but never mind, it wasn't at all important.

Craftsman
    Don't care what the point is .....what a fantastic white 12 JLC, thanks for posting it. Lucky you!
    Last edited by size11s; 26th May 2020 at 20:32.

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Thank you for helping me read the logo. You've missed my point, but never mind, it wasn't at all important.

I was aware of what you were referring to. I just couldn't understand why you were using a JLC as an example.

IWC:

Top: 1mm
    Side: 1mm
    Bottom: 1mm

JLC:

Top: 1mm
    Side: 2.5mm
    Bottom: 0.5mm

On both the top edge is identical at around 1mm. But as Eddie explained the reason it couldn't be done that way was because of the way a sapphire needs to be mounted, with the thickness of the crystal taking up the space.
    Last edited by abraxas; 26th May 2020 at 21:54.
    How to make a secret watch: https://i.imgur.com/O4Ino7v.jpg

No, you still haven't understood me, but as I say, it isn't at all important and in any case my post wasn't in reply to yours.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post

Eddie
    That helps, thanks.

Apprentice
    Just a comment about the quantity. I ordered 300 of the Sellita SW210 "Top" last November and they are due to be delivered in July, although I don't know if that's still the case with all that's been happening. To get more of the Sellita will take at least 12 months and there's no ETA to be had.
    Eddie
    We should probably start getting used to quality japanese movements, since it is becoming increasingly difficult to source swiss movements...

Quote Originally Posted by TomasC View Post
    We should probably start getting used to quality japanese movements, since it is becoming increasingly difficult to source swiss movements...
    Apparently Ronda mechical movements will be available soon (ETA2824 clone), Zeno is already using them.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by TomasC View Post
    Agreed - are there any handwound options?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Apparently Ronda mechical movements will be available soon (ETA2824 clone), Zeno is already using them.

Eddie
    Thatís good news!

Apprentice

Eddie
    Any way of producing these quicker would be great

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Apprentice

Eddie
    If the diagonal part was a little bit less high, then the flat top surface area would increase. ;-)

In order to ensure the bezel height remains the same, the vertical surface of the bezel would increase proportionate with the diagonal part height decrease.
    Last edited by grizzlymambo; 27th May 2020 at 20:45.

Craftsman

Eddie
    Do you know if they make a hand wind only movement (ETA 2801/Selitta SW210 Clone).

Quote Originally Posted by kneadking View Post
    Do you know if they make a hand wind only movement (ETA 2801/Selitta SW210 Clone).
    No, they only have the one mechanical movement so far.

Eddie

Apprentice
    If anyone is interested, here is an article on the Ronda movement.

https://watch-movements.eu/blog/en/2...der-the-loupe/

At this stage I would prefer a top grade Sellita movement, but it will no doubt be an interesting alternative (along with Soprod movements) going forward.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Shubs View Post
    If anyone is interested, here is an article on the Ronda movement.

https://watch-movements.eu/blog/en/2...der-the-loupe/

At this stage I would prefer a top grade Sellita movement, but it will no doubt be an interesting alternative (along with Soprod movements) going forward.
    The Selitta SW210 top grade is what Eddie is putting in the Navigator but he only has 300 ordered and it will take another 12 months or so to order more so I think people were throwing around ideas as to alternative movements that might fill in. I know that Miyota makes some hand wound movements such as the 6T33 which is a no date 28,800 bph and the 8N33 which is a 21,600 bph, but unsure of there availability.

Apprentice
    I, for one, am thoroughly excited about the Top Grade SW210. This one should be a joy to wind and wear.
    Last edited by Wristandfeet; Today at 03:53.

Apprentice

Signed brushed tang buckle

The deployant is so nicely done. Wondering if there would be an option to add a similarly designed tang/pin buckle that is brushed with the crown boobie logo? I am sure quite a few of us would prefer the simple buckle to the deployant, and seems like a relatively inexpensive add. Just a thought.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Wristandfeet View Post
    The deployant is so nicely done. Wondering if there would be an option to add a similarly designed tang/pin buckle that is brushed with the crown boobie logo? I am sure quite a few of us would prefer the simple buckle to the deployant, and seems like a relatively inexpensive add. Just a thought.
    +1 agreed, would be a nice option!

Apprentice

Hour and minute hand proportions on white dial

On the black dial, the hour and minute hands seem very well proportioned, while on the while dial, the hour hand appears significantly fatter than the minute hand, despite the two handsets having the exact same dimensions.

I believe whatís contributing to this is the fact that the black dial hands have silver borders around the lume, while the white dial version has blue borders that more sharply contrasts with the lume. As a result, visually, my eyes register the proportion of the hands in their entirety on the black dial, but on the white dial, what visually jumps out is the fatness and thinness of only the lume sections of the hands.

My novice personal preference would be to make the hour hands just a tad narrower on the white dial to address the above. Of course, I completely recognize that it may be infeasible at this point in time, or increases production cost because of differing dimensions of hour hands across the two variants.

Just really excited about the white dial blue hands combo is all =)