closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Manchester city centre (Opera House area) pre-theatre eaterie suggestions

Master

Manchester city centre (Opera House area) pre-theatre eaterie suggestions

Anyone able to suggest a place for a quick, reasonably priced pre-theatre meal in the vicinity of the Opera House (Quay St)?

Thanks.

PS Is it safe parking round there in side streets?
    Last edited by David_D; 8th June 2022 at 18:33.

Quote Originally Posted by David_D View Post
    Anyone able to suggest a place for a quick, reasonably priced pre-theatre meal in the vicinity of the Opera House (Quay St)?

Thanks.

PS Is it safe parking round there in side streets?
    Parking s fine there mate. Park opposite the Opera House, there’s plenty of spots . Be careful, I think parking is up to 8 pm and they’re keen .
    Banyan Tree just around the corner from the Opera House is perfectly adequate fare . On Deansgate, Topkapi has been knocking out good Turkish food for eons. Alberts Schloss does great food and the bar is usually busy .
    That should see you right .

Master
    Comptoir Libanais over in Spinnigfields or San Carlos just off Deansgate I would add in addition to Goats good suggestions.

Manchester city centre (Opera House area) pre-theatre eaterie suggestions

The Ivy is opposite. Stunning building and average plus food.

Evuna on Deansgate not far - great Spanish place with quality wines at decent prices

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Great, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Parking s fine there mate. Park opposite the Opera House, there’s plenty of spots . Be careful, I think parking is up to 8 pm and they’re keen .
    Banyan Tree just around the corner from the Opera House is perfectly adequate fare . On Deansgate, Topkapi has been knocking out good Turkish food for eons. Alberts Schloss does great food and the bar is usually busy .
    That should see you right .

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tango View Post
    Comptoir Libanais over in Spinnigfields or San Carlos just off Deansgate I would add in addition to Goats good suggestions.
    Thank you! San Carlos is great but a bit far - from memory!! I’ll double check location.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by dandanthewatchman View Post
    The Ivy is opposite. Stunning building and average plus food.

Evuna on Deansgate not far - great Spanish place with quality wines at decent prices
    Thanks! Not THE (very expensive!) Michelin starred Ivy? Bit out of my price range if so! Evuna sounds interesting.

Master
    Another vote for Evuna and staying on the tapas theme El Rincon is very good too and also very close by.

Across the road you also have Twenty Stories which is a nice place with good views for a drink. I’ve eaten here but it wasn’t anything special for the price.
    The Ivy sometimes does deals . It’s worth downloading the Manchester Confidentials app which has some great offers on .
    I used to love Evuna but , IMO, it’s tailed off since opening more stores . For tapas I’d be tempted to go to El gato negro on King St, or La Vina , a bit further along Deansgate. www.tastcatala is a great place, Guardiola has a stake in it and it’s run by Paco Perez . The food can be pricey in here but it’s very very good . Good place to grab an outdoor drink too .
    All these are within a six or seven minute walk from The Opera House.
    Depending on what night you’re going, I’d be tempted to make a reservation. Manchester seems really bust at the minute.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by thegoat View Post
    Depending on what night you’re going, I’d be tempted to make a reservation. Manchester seems really bust at the minute.
    Definitely a good idea. Thanks

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Davidd View Post
    Another vote for Evuna and staying on the tapas theme El Rincon is very good too and also very close by.
    Great! I’ll have a look.