closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Ollech & Wajs Ocean Graph S

  1. #1
    Master ryanb741's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    London
    Posts
    8,061

    Ollech & Wajs Ocean Graph S

    New release with design cues harking back to the 60s. I love the styling here but assuming VAT is payable on the price then at just under £2k landed that's a lot to pay for an O&W

  2. #2
    Grand Master snowman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Hampshire
    Posts
    10,240
    Why would it be that much?

    I assume the price on their website is inclusive of Swiss VAT/Purchase tax, so the UK price would only be around 12% more, assuming they didn't factor it into the UK price stated, which suggests around £1500.

    M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

  3. #3
    Master RustyBin5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Scotland central
    Posts
    8,595
    Wouldnít buy it at £1000 tbh

  4. #4
    Master reggie747's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    The Mersey Riviera
    Posts
    5,174
    Nice enough piece but the length of the watch on that photo looks really big. Maybe the real thing isn't so.

  5. #5
    ^^^^agree
    Much as I dearly love an O&W I think those super long lugs will make it an ďunusualĒ wear.
    Iím on their mailing list and do prefer some of their other current line up at cheaper prices

  6. #6
    Master Sinnlover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    London
    Posts
    3,484
    I really wanted to like these when I heard about their release but there are just a few design elements that spoil it for me - lug length, watch name on dial and itís position, triangle on end of second hand being too big. I also think the price is not really in keeping with the original aims of the company. Quality watches at a good price sold direct to the customer. (2 out of three ainít bad I guess)

    I think Eddies Caribbean will fill the modern retro Diver spot in my watch box. (orange or yellow)

  7. #7
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lincolnshire
    Posts
    4,264
    I like it, but price seems a bit high to me.

    I do like stuff based on retro divers though, Iíve got a Doxa Sub 200, which seems more like the price point for this sort of thing.

  8. #8
    Master Onelasttime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Everywhere, yet nowhere...
    Posts
    7,793
    Very long and very flat, and at 50mm lug to lug, that will show:



    Shame as it's otherwise a cool 60s design.

  9. #9
    Grand Master Neil.C's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    SE England
    Posts
    24,380
    I like that a lot!
    Cheers,
    Neil.

    My Speedmaster website:

    http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

  10. #10
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Falkirk scotland
    Posts
    201
    Cool wee watch but not at that cash


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  11. #11
    Craftsman earlofsodbury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    The Flat Stuff, Lincs.
    Posts
    666
    I have the P-104, it's only a 40mm diameter case, so the longer-than-usual lugs make no odds to how it wears unless you're sparrow-wristed. Very comfortable and well-finished watch. It's a shame prices have inflated (I paid <$1K), but that's partly due to the GBP's weakness. When you look at what £1.5K will buy you new, I don't think it's unreasonable for a rare, distinctive and attractive piece. YMMV...

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    I really wanted to like these when I heard about their release but there are just a few design elements that spoil it for me - lug length, watch name on dial and itís position, triangle on end of second hand being too big. I also think the price is not really in keeping with the original aims of the company. Quality watches at a good price sold direct to the customer. (2 out of three ainít bad I guess)

    I think Eddies Caribbean will fill the modern retro Diver spot in my watch box. (orange or yellow)
    Couldn't agree more, I was looking forward to seeing what they brought out but was massively disappointed with the watches. The lug to lug makes them unwearable on my wrists.

  13. #13
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    110
    How do they make the lume that colour on the hands and indices? It's lovely.

  14. #14
    They were never a top brand or quality and I do think the price is a bit rich. I like them though.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    I have the P-104, it's only a 40mm diameter case, so the longer-than-usual lugs make no odds to how it wears unless you're sparrow-wristed. Very comfortable and well-finished watch. It's a shame prices have inflated (I paid <$1K), but that's partly due to the GBP's weakness. When you look at what £1.5K will buy you new, I don't think it's unreasonable for a rare, distinctive and attractive piece. YMMV...
    A Tudor BB58 on a bracelet is little over £1000 more. Much better watch and brand for that.

  16. #16
    Master
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Mendips
    Posts
    3,093
    Quote Originally Posted by TAFKARM View Post
    A Tudor BB58 on a bracelet is little over £1000 more. Much better watch and brand for that.
    True, but a thousand pounds is hardly pocket change and a pretty big bump ove the initial budget.

    Lots going for that watch, but lots against it. I do like that they've gone so orange on the hands though, so that it doesn't look like faux aged lume, and just looks like some fun use of colours. Those lugs though :/

  17. #17
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    110
    https://youtu.be/14qkf_gRL0M

    Jodi has just reviewed these.

    Different model, but same case, as some were concerned about the lug length.

  18. #18
    Grand Master abraxas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    London
    Posts
    32,180
    Buy it if you can't live without it. Otherwise, just let it go.
    The best creation of Rolex is "the grey market".

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information