closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Ollech & Wajs Ocean Graph S

Ollech & Wajs Ocean Graph S

New release with design cues harking back to the 60s. I love the styling here but assuming VAT is payable on the price then at just under £2k landed that's a lot to pay for an O&W

Why would it be that much?

I assume the price on their website is inclusive of Swiss VAT/Purchase tax, so the UK price would only be around 12% more, assuming they didn't factor it into the UK price stated, which suggests around £1500.

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Wouldn’t buy it at £1000 tbh

Nice enough piece but the length of the watch on that photo looks really big. Maybe the real thing isn't so.

^^^^agree
    Much as I dearly love an O&W I think those super long lugs will make it an “unusual” wear.
    I’m on their mailing list and do prefer some of their other current line up at cheaper prices

I really wanted to like these when I heard about their release but there are just a few design elements that spoil it for me - lug length, watch name on dial and it’s position, triangle on end of second hand being too big. I also think the price is not really in keeping with the original aims of the company. Quality watches at a good price sold direct to the customer. (2 out of three ain’t bad I guess)

I think Eddies Caribbean will fill the modern retro Diver spot in my watch box. (orange or yellow)

Master
    I like it, but price seems a bit high to me.

I do like stuff based on retro divers though, I’ve got a Doxa Sub 200, which seems more like the price point for this sort of thing.

Very long and very flat, and at 50mm lug to lug, that will show:

Shame as it's otherwise a cool 60s design.

I like that a lot!
    Cheers,
    Neil.

My Speedmaster website:

http://www.freewebs.com/neil271052

Cool wee watch but not at that cash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the P-104, it's only a 40mm diameter case, so the longer-than-usual lugs make no odds to how it wears unless you're sparrow-wristed. Very comfortable and well-finished watch. It's a shame prices have inflated (I paid <$1K), but that's partly due to the GBP's weakness. When you look at what £1.5K will buy you new, I don't think it's unreasonable for a rare, distinctive and attractive piece. YMMV...

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnlover View Post
    I really wanted to like these when I heard about their release but there are just a few design elements that spoil it for me - lug length, watch name on dial and it’s position, triangle on end of second hand being too big. I also think the price is not really in keeping with the original aims of the company. Quality watches at a good price sold direct to the customer. (2 out of three ain’t bad I guess)

I think Eddies Caribbean will fill the modern retro Diver spot in my watch box. (orange or yellow)
    Couldn't agree more, I was looking forward to seeing what they brought out but was massively disappointed with the watches. The lug to lug makes them unwearable on my wrists.

Craftsman
    How do they make the lume that colour on the hands and indices? It's lovely.

They were never a top brand or quality and I do think the price is a bit rich. I like them though.

Quote Originally Posted by earlofsodbury View Post
    I have the P-104, it's only a 40mm diameter case, so the longer-than-usual lugs make no odds to how it wears unless you're sparrow-wristed. Very comfortable and well-finished watch. It's a shame prices have inflated (I paid <$1K), but that's partly due to the GBP's weakness. When you look at what £1.5K will buy you new, I don't think it's unreasonable for a rare, distinctive and attractive piece. YMMV...
    A Tudor BB58 on a bracelet is little over £1000 more. Much better watch and brand for that.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TAFKARM View Post
    A Tudor BB58 on a bracelet is little over £1000 more. Much better watch and brand for that.
    True, but a thousand pounds is hardly pocket change and a pretty big bump ove the initial budget.

Lots going for that watch, but lots against it. I do like that they've gone so orange on the hands though, so that it doesn't look like faux aged lume, and just looks like some fun use of colours. Those lugs though :/

Craftsman
    https://youtu.be/14qkf_gRL0M

Jodi has just reviewed these.

Different model, but same case, as some were concerned about the lug length.

Buy it if you can't live without it. Otherwise, just let it go.
    "Owning one is almost as satisfying as making one." ~ Rolex 1973

Quote Originally Posted by TAFKARM View Post
    As someone else said a huge bump in price (relatively) and while Tudor has plenty of 'Skoda Rolex' recongnition (BTW, I like Skoda, but I think the analogy is fair), I rather like the O&W under the radar branding.

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?