closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Posting a camera to Germany - advice needed

Posting a camera to Germany - advice needed

Today I sold a camera and two lenses to a forum member in German. Packaged it all up and trotted off to the PO with a rough idea of cost from a courier comparison site.

Anyhow I was told emphatically by the PO lady that Germany will not accept any parcel with a lithium battery. I asked if she'd sent it at my risk but she said she couldn't accept the parcel. Bugger!

A bit of digging reveals that the UK will accept electrical items, including cameras, as long as the battery is in the device. However I can't find out if Germany have the same ruling.

So if anyone has any experience or a German member could find out, it would be much appreciated.

Also it seems that cameras are on all courier companies compensation exclusion list, however I can't find out if lenses are on the list or not. I ideally wanted to increase the cover to £250 but so far I'm reaching a blank.

Having sent watches internationally with no issue I didn't think this would be so difficult.

Cheers,
    Gary

Craftsman
    Hello,

Should be ok as long as its in the device... unless you are sending to an army base...

We have family living over there, will check later and update..

Regards

V
    Last edited by vertex; 22nd May 2020 at 17:45.

Thanks V, much appreciated

Master
    Contact the buyer and tell him it will be coming without a battery, dependent on the cost of said battery of course, or send the battery separately, I have bought camera batteries from Germany in the past though but can’t remember how they were delivered.

Gary

I did a Cousins order recently and, as I chose to add some batteries, they narrow down the delivery options to use UPS. The checkout process explicitly states this is the reason why some options are excluded.
    In the Sotadic Zone, apparently.

Thanks all, the matter has been resolved. I've removed the batteries and gone dutch with the buyer on a battery from amazon.de

Lithium battery prices in Germany seem more expensive than here, maybe as a result of their stricter postal rules.

Cheers,
    Gary