closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: 30mm bezel insert adhesive ring... Available?

Hybrid View

30mm bezel insert adhesive ring... Available?

Gosh it's years since I've been on here, two small children have rather got in the way.

I finally got my dream watch in 2014, Seamasters were too big on me, so I wear a ladies Longines Hydroconquest, given to me as an engagement gift instead of a ring :)

However, despite a service a couple of years ago, the dive bezel insert just popped out and I don't think the glue ring is of any use any more, to try and stick it back on.

I see you can buy precut 3M sticky rings for various Seiko watches, but these are of course too big.

What would you recommend I do? I don't want to stick it down so hard that it's not ever removable, but of course it'd be nice not to have to worry about babying it in case it falls off again (I like to wear my watch almost 24/7 and not worry at all when doing anything wet).

Ideal would be a 3M adhesive ring sized for a 30mm (or 29.5, I think) diameter Hydroconquest... Apparently such a thing is not available as a spare part from Longines.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions you have!
    Last edited by Sara; 22nd May 2020 at 13:59. Reason: Adding photos

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Just cut a bigger ring down, I have done this before with good results.

I suspect the inner diameter of a bigger ring will be smaller than the outer diameter of this one though! I'd basically just have to cut the whole thing myself...

...any idea which 3M product is the right kind?

Oh! Haha with thanks to my now husband, I now realise what you meant, cut into an existing ring and remove a section then pull it smaller. That should work.
    Last edited by Sara; 22nd May 2020 at 14:10.

Use a little bit of women’s nail glue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk