closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reviews coming thick and fast

Reviews coming thick and fast

Quote Originally Posted by TheGent View Post
    You’ve said it more succinctly than me - just feels right!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This! I managed to pickup a PRS-29AM off eBay and there is something very special about it having the 2801. I think that it’ is now unavailable makes it far more desirable. And a Japanese movement in a watch from this period just would no’t feel right. A Sellita SW210-1 top grade would be the next best thing as it’’s an improved clone version of the 2801 with some interchangeability. This one has to be done properly.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    Last edited by Nastadon; 28th June 2020 at 11:24.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Nastadon View Post
    This! I managed to pickup a PRS-29AM off eBay and there is something very special about it having the 2801. I think that it’ is now unavailable makes it far more desirable. And a Japanese movement in a watch from this period just would no’t feel right. A Sellita SW210-1 top grade would be the next best thing as it’’s an improved clone version of the 2801 with some interchangeability. This one has to be done properly.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    The PRS-29AM is still available when the store opens today, but for how long who knows. I agree that the top grade SW210 would be a great alternative even if we have to wait for 12 months and pay a higher price. We will have to wait and see what Eddie does because it is his baby.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by kneadking View Post
    The PRS-29AM is still available when the store opens today, but for how long who knows. I agree that the top grade SW210 would be a great alternative even if we have to wait for 12 months and pay a higher price. We will have to wait and see what Eddie does because it is his baby.
    I thought the Swiss Competition Commission was meant to be reaching their decision as to whether to allow ETA to sell their movements to whoever they want this Summer - what obviously is about now.

Given that they've opened to door/forced smaller brands to look at Japanese movements (which may be no bad thing) and with the effects of Covid, we can but hope they permit ETA to start selling their movements soon. So maybe the next batch of PRS-29's can also have the 2801's

Quote Originally Posted by KAS118 View Post
    I thought the Swiss Competition Commission was meant to be reaching their decision as to whether to allow ETA to sell their movements to whoever they want this Summer - what obviously is about now.

Given that they've opened to door/forced smaller brands to look at Japanese movements (which may be no bad thing) and with the effects of Covid, we can but hope they permit ETA to start selling their movements soon. So maybe the next batch of PRS-29's can also have the 2801's
    I usually source my 2801 movements from a larger watch manufacturer without any problem. It's common practice for ETA customers to order more, knowing they can always make a few quid selling them on to people like me. This year supply has dried up and my usual source has told me that they won't be receiving any deliveries from ETA for the whole of 2020. Many companies have gone to Sellita for supply which has created a much longer lead time for delivery.

I ordered some Sellita SW210 "Top" last November for a July 2020 delivery and here we are, just a few days away from July and I can't get Sellita to confirm that delivery will be made on time.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    I usually source my 2801 movements from a larger watch manufacturer without any problem. It's common practice for ETA customers to order more, knowing they can always make a few quid selling them on to people like me. This year supply has dried up and my usual source has told me that they won't be receiving any deliveries from ETA for the whole of 2020. Many companies have gone to Sellita for supply which has created a much longer lead time for delivery.

I ordered some Sellita SW210 "Top" last November for a July 2020 delivery and here we are, just a few days away from July and I can't get Sellita to confirm that delivery will be made on time.

Eddie
    Great info Eddie. I guess it's all a waiting game now but that seems to be the time's we are living in. Good things come to those who wait.

At 7:30. Check it out.

Q&A #3 | Jenni Elle | Jul 11, 2020
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymhRaMgxwz4
    "Owning one is almost as satisfying as making one." ~ Rolex 1973

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by abraxas View Post

At 7:30. Check it out.

Q&A #3 | Jenni Elle | Jul 11, 2020
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymhRaMgxwz4
    Thanks for the link. Really a great plug for Eddie, even though we know that he doesn't need it, it is still great to see other peoples reactions.

I ended up watching 4 of her videos, she's got a strong following.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

I think she is supercool. I love her attitude. Also the way she pronounces "A. Lange & Sohne Glashütte".

Master

I see that the Swiss Competition Commission has now decided that Swatch can supply their movements to whoever they want https://www.marketscreener.com/THE-S...hdog-30925845/

I guess this means the PRS29 can now keep its ETA 2801-2 ?

I see that the Swiss Competition Commission has now decided that Swatch can supply their movements to whoever they want https://www.marketscreener.com/THE-S...hdog-30925845/

I guess this means the PRS29 can now keep its ETA 2801-2 ?
    You’re making the assumption that they want to!

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Absolutely. And all that spare parts issue. It is never going to happen. If you want a Swatch movement, you have to buy one of their brands... unless you are something big or special.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by abraxas View Post
    Absolutely. And all that spare parts issue. It is never going to happen. If you want a Swatch movement, you have to buy one of their brands... unless you are something big or special.
    Well. if Swatch don't want to sell ETA movements to 3rd parties it seems odd that they battled the Swiss Competition Committee to have the right to do so. https://www.ft.com/content/667df84e-...9-0bcf87a328f2