closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Reviews coming thick and fast

Reviews coming thick and fast

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Enjoyed that one, and it pushed me even closer to adding a 29A to my watch box (I think I want one more than the Everest Expedition now, and prefer the black dial on the 29).

Very nice review and good of Eddie to provide review samples. For me the black is the clear winner, and this vid has made me dive into the safe to retrieve my 29B - manual wind is the way to go, in lazy lockdown mode.

Nice to see your watches getting some love from the reviewers out there, Eddie. I think the recent run of watches like the 29s and the 25s have been really spot on.
    Dave E

Skating away on the thin ice of a new day

Delighted to see such positive reviews but that rogue apostrophe in "want's" is making me twitch....

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by FrontierGibberish View Post
    Delighted to see such positive reviews but that rogue apostrophe in "want's" is making me twitch....
    I agree. People who only speak one language and they're abominable use of grammar and there punctuation make's my face literally distort to it's maximum.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave E View Post
    Nice to see your watches getting some love from the reviewers out there, Eddie. I think the recent run of watches like the 29s and the 25s have been really spot on.
    I definitely agree Dave, and with some of the models Eddie has coming out the store open times are going to be fast and furious, and why not, Eddie offers such value in his watches.

Just one more review:

Smiths Everest 'Expedition' PRS-25 automatic watch - hands on review
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=E_SlqlhiLHU
    How to make a secret watch: https://i.imgur.com/O4Ino7v.jpg

Thatís a cracking watch

Apprentice
    they indeed are everywhere. and all these cool reviews particularly the black Everest makes the wait 'til August much more agonizing

Quote Originally Posted by dkpw View Post
    Very nice review and good of Eddie to provide review samples. For me the black is the clear winner, and this vid has made me dive into the safe to retrieve my 29B - manual wind is the way to go, in lazy lockdown mode.
    I'm probably wrong , but I don't think Eddie does provide review samples.

Quote Originally Posted by Thomps68 View Post
    I'm probably wrong , but I don't think Eddie does provide review samples.
    I suspect you're right - All the reviews I've seen say they were bought by the reviewer or loaned by an owner.

M.
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    I suspect you're right - All the reviews I've seen say they were bought by the reviewer or loaned by an owner.

M.
    This is not true because Eddie did mail the 2 PRS-29a and 29am to Tim over at CaseBack watches on youtube. He stated that Eddie actually emailed him telling him that they were on there way to him. Tim also stated that they were on loan from Eddie and that he would be shipping them back. Jody over at Just One More Watch did ask Eddie if he could get in a Everest for review but Eddie declined saying that he really didn't need more exposure for it so a viewer did lend in theirs for review so on that you were correct.

I imagine that for most of the reviews the watch is either loaned in or the reviewer actually purchased the watch, but it is clear that Eddie is not completely apposed to lending a particular watch for review.

Quote Originally Posted by kneadking View Post
    This is not true because Eddie did mail the 2 PRS-29a and 29am to Tim over at CaseBack watches on youtube. He stated that Eddie actually emailed him telling him that they were on there way to him. Tim also stated that they were on loan from Eddie and that he would be shipping them back. Jody over at Just One More Watch did ask Eddie if he could get in a Everest for review but Eddie declined saying that he really didn't need more exposure for it so a viewer did lend in theirs for review so on that you were correct.

I imagine that for most of the reviews the watch is either loaned in or the reviewer actually purchased the watch, but it is clear that Eddie is not completely apposed to lending a particular watch for review.
    I sent Tim the watches because he mentioned the 29A in a broader review of military watches and I liked what he did. Plus, if you read the comments on this review, many people wanted him to review the 29A and 29AM. He didn't initiate contact, I did.

I get many requests, usually along the lines of "I'm a social media influencer and will make a positive review of your watch in exchange for a free watch". I've never paid for a review and I've never given a free watch in exchange for a review.

Eddie
    Whole chunks of my life come under the heading "it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by swanbourne View Post
    I sent Tim the watches because he mentioned the 29A in a broader review of military watches and I liked what he did. Plus, if you read the comments on this review, many people wanted him to review the 29A and 29AM. He didn't initiate contact, I did.

I get many requests, usually along the lines of "I'm a social media influencer and will make a positive review of your watch in exchange for a free watch". I've never paid for a review and I've never given a free watch in exchange for a review.

Eddie
    Brilliant - your watches speak for themselves!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apprentice
    Well said....
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave E View Post
    Sent from my SM-G960U using TZ-UK mobile app