I've lusted after the Steveo Para strap for what feels like years now but never wanted to splash that much cash on 'just a canvas'.

Since buying my Steeldive 'Tuna' I've thought that it was crying out for a top canvas so eventually bit the bullet. I'm so pleased that I did. As per the spec, it's no ordinary canvas strap.

Here's the spec:

The Para Canvas
Made from ex RAF G.Q. 60 ft utility parachute deployment bag which was an issued stock and not war reserved. It was serviced at RAF Hullavington, Wiltshire and dispatched to 47 Air Despatch, RAF Lyneman for deployment from the Hercules heavy drop of RAF support command. It has four layers which have been bonded together with a flexible bonding agent which makes this waterproof, strong and probably one of the most pliable canvas straps available. There are two canvas keepers. It is made to fray and will do so instantly.
This total canvas strap is extremely waterproof as it has 4 layers of canvas which are bonded with 3 layers of a special flexible polymer. This still allows the strap to fray as intended.

Craftsmanship and service has been first class. The strap is thick yet durable and looks like it'll fray nicely. it's also very water resistant which sets it apart from most (not all) canvas straps up to this price point.

I think it looks great on the Steeldive too.