closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Luminous phosphorescent glowing solution

Luminous phosphorescent glowing solution

Apologies if it has been discussed on here before, but what are people’s thoughts on why the lume on a Seiko, costing a few hundred pounds, seems to be far superior to a brand new Rolex at 8 grand?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Because the Rolex costs less to build than the Seiko, despite the retail price.

All said in jest of course.
    Cheers,

Ben

..... for I have become the Jedi of flippers

" an extravagance is anything you buy that is of no earthly use to your wife "

I suppose both are glowing at exactly the rate their designers have wanted.

Why do you think Rolex owners want to carry a torch on their wrist? Just think of all the secret service agents wearing a Rolex.

But brighter lume would be useful for signalling the mini sub for the pick up when being chased by evil henchmen.

OP Rolex and others have proprietary lume mixes that are based on Luminova. I think luminova was was developed in conjunction with Seiko (I am sure someone will correct me if I am wrong) and Seiko are still developing it (their new stuff is super bright) as such they always have the latest / best version.

You also have to consider the colour of light of that is emitted by the lume mixture.
    Rolex use a blue tint, this is less bright to the eye than standard green (there are a few articles on the web to explain this if you are interested)

Lastly the size of the hands and dial plots along with the thickness of the coating also plays a part.
    Last edited by Sinnlover; 22nd May 2020 at 08:41.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Green strontium aluminate lume far out performs blue lume also light greenish daylight colour lume, such as C3 far out performs C1 white daylight lume basically C3 lume with white pigment added.

Interesting thoughts guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk