closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Results 1 to 28 of 28

Thread: Which Strap For A 16610LV Sub?

  1. #1
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Lake District UK
    Posts
    320

    Which Strap For A 16610LV Sub?

    I'm considering changing the bracelet on my 16610LV and I'm at a loss as to what to get. I'm quite taken with the idea of an Oysterflex type strap in perhaps green but purchasing one seems to be a minefield of hooky eBay adverts!

    Does anyone have any ideas on where is reputable? In my mind I thought I'd get a replacement deployment buckle to go with it, even better if it has micro adjustment as that's the one thing I miss from wearing my Sea Dweller.

    Even better if you have a photo of one looking good with a particular strap!

  2. #2
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    72
    I like the look you are going for with that. There are several companies out there, Everest, Rubber B, Tempo Mat, etc. I only have experience with Tempo Mat for my 116610LN (image). However mine does not have the option to use my own clasp, but it is lower cost than the others listed.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    In my opinion it is not a watch that looks good with anything but the bracelet.

    Unlike the previous 5 digit classic sub with the thinner lugs, a 6 digit has a much squarer profile that does not suit a strap.

  4. #4
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by TAFKARM View Post
    In my opinion it is not a watch that looks good with anything but the bracelet.

    Unlike the previous 5 digit classic sub with the thinner lugs, a 6 digit has a much squarer profile that does not suit a strap.
    For me it suits, but different strokes for different folks. Of course the bracelet is the best, but to mix it up, have some fun with the watch and preserve the bracelet (as I wear my sub a lot).


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    Master
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    North Wales
    Posts
    1,718
    Quote Originally Posted by LaurasOtherHalf View Post
    I'm considering changing the bracelet on my 16610LV and I'm at a loss as to what to get. I'm quite taken with the idea of an Oysterflex type strap in perhaps green but purchasing one seems to be a minefield of hooky eBay adverts!

    Does anyone have any ideas on where is reputable? In my mind I thought I'd get a replacement deployment buckle to go with it, even better if it has micro adjustment as that's the one thing I miss from wearing my Sea Dweller.

    Even better if you have a photo of one looking good with a particular strap!

    If you google ďsubmariner on leather/ rubber/ xxxx strap you get lots of ideas, many from Pinterest groups. But Im with Tafkarm I feel a sub looks best on a bracelet.

    Steve

  6. #6
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Falkirk scotland
    Posts
    201
    Bracelets are best for Subs!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    Master watch-nut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    South of Birminham and north of Luton
    Posts
    4,237
    Whilst I think you canít beat the bracelet, I did give this a go for a while, it was a bund strap but I just took off the bund bit




    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #8
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    location, location
    Posts
    2,987
    Quote Originally Posted by TAFKARM View Post
    In my opinion it is not a watch that looks good with anything but the bracelet.

    Unlike the previous 5 digit classic sub with the thinner lugs, a 6 digit has a much squarer profile that does not suit a strap.
    OP's talking about a 5-digit though?

  9. #9
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    location, location
    Posts
    2,987
    This was the only pic I could find online but I've been tempted in the past by one of these.


  10. #10
    Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Central Scotland
    Posts
    1,029
    For me, modern Subs don't suit straps. If I was going to get one, it would be a plain black Rubber B etc.

  11. #11
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Herts UK
    Posts
    843
    Everestbands not cheap but worth it for an LV


    https://www.everestbands.com/product...ate-deployment

  12. #12
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by gcleminson View Post
    This was the only pic I could find online but I've been tempted in the past by one of these.

    That does look good!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  13. #13
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    511
    Many years ago, I went through a similar dilemma. Green doesn't go with much in my opinion.

    In the end I sourced through my AD, a black bezel from Rolex and fitted it. The world was my oyster, so to speak.

    But if you keep the green bezel on, I suppose neutral colours like black and grey would probably match better...

  14. #14
    Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    sometimes Suomi.........
    Posts
    1,978
    Blog Entries
    2

    LV on leather?

    Could go leather or ostrich?

    gif upload

    M

  15. #15
    Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Melton Mowbray, Uk
    Posts
    1,201
    Quote Originally Posted by 2012 View Post
    Many years ago, I went through a similar dilemma. Green doesn't go with much in my opinion.

    In the end I sourced through my AD, a black bezel from Rolex and fitted it. The world was my oyster, so to speak.

    But if you keep the green bezel on, I suppose neutral colours like black and grey would probably match better...

    You removed the green bezel from the LV limited edition?

  16. #16
    Master Skyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Here and there
    Posts
    7,434
    Blog Entries
    1
    Apologies, but all the pics other than the original bracelet, look complete toss.

  17. #17
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    Apologies, but all the pics other than the original bracelet, look complete toss.
    Such butthurt


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  18. #18
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    511
    Quote Originally Posted by steppy View Post
    You removed the green bezel from the LV limited edition?
    The 16610LV aluminium inserts - Yes, I removed the green insert and inserted the black one.

  19. #19
    Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    sometimes Suomi.........
    Posts
    1,978
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyman View Post
    Apologies, but all the pics other than the original bracelet, look complete toss.
    Agreed, I completely concur with your observation. Rolex should always be on their factory bracelets, should they be; President, Oyster, leather or my least favourite Jubilee.

    M

  20. #20
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    Grindsted, Danmark
    Posts
    351
    Hirsch do some excellent straps. A steinhart version but you get the idea. :)


  21. #21
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by milwatch126 View Post
    Agreed, I completely concur with your observation. Rolex should always be on their factory bracelets, should they be; President, Oyster, leather or my least favourite Jubilee.

    M
    Stop being so staid!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  22. #22
    Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    sometimes Suomi.........
    Posts
    1,978
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by doing_time999 View Post
    Stop being so staid!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Itís the truth.

  23. #23
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by milwatch126 View Post
    Itís the truth.
    It is an opinion, and you know what they say about opinions...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  24. #24
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    102
    I think a vintage style dark brown leather strap looks great on subs prior to the super case.

    Another great option would be a green nato. Or a black nato. Or a grey nato. Or any nato with a splash of green in there somewhere.

    Subs look great on nato straps IMO.

  25. #25
    Master
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Melton Mowbray, Uk
    Posts
    1,201
    Quote Originally Posted by 2012 View Post
    The 16610LV aluminium inserts - Yes, I removed the green insert and inserted the black one.

    madness

  26. #26
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Lake District UK
    Posts
    320
    Quote Originally Posted by Coronet king View Post
    Everestbands not cheap but worth it for an LV


    https://www.everestbands.com/product...ate-deployment
    That's quite nice, where I'm coming from however is it's getting on for £200 and for £60 on eBay you can get something that superficially looks the same and comes with a a free clasp.

  27. #27
    Master
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    sometimes Suomi.........
    Posts
    1,978
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by doing_time999 View Post
    It is an opinion, and you know what they say about opinions...
    They are subjective.

    I have owned a very many Rolex and put them on all different types of straps. Vintage look good on vintage and suede leather and Oysterflex look great but I alway go back to Oysters.

    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by milwatch126; Yesterday at 14:25.

  28. #28
    Iím not really keen on seeing Subs on anything other than the original bracelet but there is something different about the Everest strap, Iíve seen Tempo & Time have a few £s off at the mo but £170 is still a big ask. https://tempoandtime.com/product-cat...eather-straps/

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information