closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Seiko for the smaller wristed gentleman?

Seiko for the smaller wristed gentleman?

I’ve tried a skx007 and it’s probably as large as I would want to go on my 6.5” wrist. My question is does the ‘mini turtle’ (SRPC39K1 etc) wear similarly? Is there any other Seiko diver I should be considering?

I also been looking at the re-edition of the Citizen ‘Ray Mears’ (BN0118-12L) as an alternative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Mr Tetley; 21st May 2020 at 22:58.

SKX013 would be an option if the 007 is too big for your liking.

Craftsman
    I don't have one, but the mini turtle should in theory wear smaller than the SKX007. It has a much more compact lug-to-lug dimension.

Quote Originally Posted by Pagan View Post
    I don't have one, but the mini turtle should in theory wear smaller than the SKX007. It has a much more compact lug-to-lug dimension.
    This ^

Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk

Thank you. Just been watching some YouTube reviews on the Mini Turtle and it seems to be the one. Just have to decide on Blue or Pepsi. Although the Citizen is still a contender!

I have both (well an SKX009) and the miniturtle wears quite a bit smaller I don't have a photo of the mini turtle on wrist, but here they are;

Skx

I have 7.75" wrists for reference
    Last edited by nibby; 22nd May 2020 at 00:23.

Journeyman
    Hi Mr Tetley,

You don't specify type of watch although everything in your post suggest divers.

If you were open to other watches I can personally recommend the Alpinist (SARB017). It's a great size on my frankly weedy wrist. The handset is great, applied hour markers, date window and other dial furniture have their own character and the dial pops especially in the sun.

I have no divers at all and was thinking of starting with the SKX013 but the mini Turtle in your first post is lovely. Although a few mm bigger than anything I would consider I'll have to find a place to try it when I can if it wears as small as claimed.

You referred to a Pepsi version, do you have the reference for that too by any chance?

Quote Originally Posted by nibby View Post
    I have both (well an SKX009) and the miniturtle wears quite a bit smaller I don't have a photo of the mini turtle on wrist, but here they are;

Skx

I have 7.75" wrists for reference
    Like the bezel on your 009! I was starting to lean towards the blue turtle but your photo makes the PADI look very nice indeed!

Thanks for sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Tetley View Post
    Like the bezel on your 009! I was starting to lean towards the blue turtle but your photo makes the PADI look very nice indeed!

Thanks for sharing.

It's a fully lumed one from LCBI https://lcbistore.com/ if you are interested, the PADI version of the mini turtle is really nice the wave dial is a nice difference from the standard dial.

P.S. still have the Ecodrive Citizen diver that I purchased from you! hope things are good with you in N.I.
    Last edited by nibby; 22nd May 2020 at 00:37.

Quote Originally Posted by nibby View Post
    It's a fully lumed one from LCBI https://lcbistore.com/ if you are interested, the PADI version of the mini turtle is really nice the wave dial is a nice difference from the standard dial.

P.S. still have the Ecodrive Citizen diver that I purchased from you! hope things are good with you in N.I.
    Thanks for the link and that Ecodrive diver was also on my short list to buy again. It’s a strange game this!!

Not too bad here in NI thanks! Hope you’re safe and well.

The Mini Turtle is the one IMHO. The PADI dial is spectacular.
    Here is a post from 2018 of mine with on the wrist photos etc.

https://forum.tz-uk.com/showthread.php?p=4799155

Sent from my moto g(8) plus using Tapatalk

You get used to the size of the SKX very quickly .

Journeyman
    I have a similar wrist size and the SKX013 is perfect IMO. Haven't tried on a 007/009 but I feel like I would also think it was too big.

Can upload a picture if you want but sounds like you're pretty set on the Mini Turtle - don't blame you, great looking watch.

I have a 6 inch flat wrist and wear a 007 comfortably. The jubilee bracelet is really comfortable.

The only time the 007 feels strange is after wearing a slimmer profile watch and coming back to the 007. The 007 for me has quite a profile but not so much that it is uncomfortable.

This thread is great, I’ve wondered the same thing for a while so really useful

I presume the SKX013 is only available with black bezel, no OEM Pepsi option? I also imagine the smaller size might not attract such a thriving mod scene either?

PS - attempting not to divert from the topic, but if this same topic has already been covered for G-Shocks it’d be awesome if someone could point me in the right direction, that’s another range I can’t get my head around!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Hennersf View Post
    PS - attempting not to divert from the topic, but if this same topic has already been covered for G-Shocks it’d be awesome if someone could point me in the right direction, that’s another range I can’t get my head around!
    Any of the GW-5600 series wear nice and compact.

I agree with that. I had a 5600 which I’ve misplaced! It wore very well on my smaller wrist. Still annoys me that I can’t find it.

This photo is no help to compare it to an skx I'm sorry, but here's my mini turtle which arrived today pictured next to one of my normal turtles. Smaller diameter yes, but as Pagan mentioned earlier it's the lug to lug length that really makes the difference as can be seen in my photo.

Awesome, much appreciated

My mini turtle!

Quote Originally Posted by TAFKARM View Post

My mini turtle!
    Nice, the padi is definitely the pick of the crop. Isn't it odd how the wave effect on the dial almost never comes out in digital photos? It's quite prominent in reality.

Last edited by Ruggertech; 22nd May 2020 at 20:36.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Hennersf View Post
    This thread is great, I’ve wondered the same thing for a while so really useful

I presume the SKX013 is only available with black bezel, no OEM Pepsi option? I also imagine the smaller size might not attract such a thriving mod scene either?
    As an SKX013 owner I looked into this recently. Lots of modding options, including bezels.

Craftsman

Unless your preference is strictly limited to Divers, you could also consider one of the less common, older Seiko Kinetic GMT Landmasters, e.g. the SBDW005. I actually find that these wear smaller (42mm) than the SKX013 and I also have a 6.75 wrist.

Edit: can’t seem to find a wrist shot but this is the one I was referring to.

Last edited by Rob777; 23rd May 2020 at 00:58.

Craftsman
    Some of the older Seiko Quartz mid-size (38mm) divers are worth considering as well.

Models to look out for on used market can all be found in this article : https://www.thewatchsite.com/threads...o-7c43.172226/