closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Business investment account - other than HL, where?

Master

Business investment account - other than HL, where?

I'm looking to put some co money away for a year or so (in the first instance). HL do an account that will do what I want but does anyone else? I'm looking at things like Lindell Train, Vanguard, fundsmith etc.
    I'm aware HL are not known for being cheap to run.

Master

Business investment account - other than HL, where?

Quote Originally Posted by DavidL View Post
    I'm looking to put some co money away for a year or so (in the first instance). HL do an account that will do what I want but does anyone else? I'm looking at things like Lindell Train, Vanguard, fundsmith etc.
    I'm aware HL are not known for being cheap to run.
    If it is just for a year, avoid equities. You can get slightly more than 1% on fixed term investment accounts over that period - not much, but guaranteed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Journeyman
    Have you tried handelsbanken? Might not be possible at the moment but they can normally offer things that they don't advertise or display in bank, if you pop in and have a chat.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by tleefox View Post
    Have you tried handelsbanken? Might not be possible at the moment but they can normally offer things that they don't advertise or display in bank, if you pop in and have a chat.
    Never heard of them but it appears there is one here. I might give them a call.

Master
    What's co money?

Master
    If by Co money you mean Company money, so the company opens and account not yourself then you could buy corporate bonds through Wise Alpha (pm me if you want a referral link). Wise Alpha also do peronal accounts.

You could open a Free Trade account - as the name implies it's free, but no company option (Again pm me for a referral link - we'll both get a free share in a random company worth between £3 and £200 randomly allocated)

Revolut do company accounts - you could buy a bitcoin and keep it in Revolut or any other currency you think will do better than GBP e.g. US Dollar

You could open a Directors ISA through rebuildingsociety.com set your own interest rate on money lent to your own company and tax free in an ISA wrapper.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidL View Post
    Never heard of them but it appears there is one here. I might give them a call.
    They are worth a try - they are very good and I’ve never known them let any friends / family down who I have pointed in their direction.