closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Tudor Black Bay 58 UK Availability

Apprentice

Tudor Black Bay 58 UK Availability

Hi all,
    New to the forum and this is my first post.
    I’m looking to buy a new Tudor Black Bay 58 but don’t know how difficult they are to come by.
    Checked Watchfinder/Chrono24 and seems to be limited choice with prices starting over retail.
    Does anyone know the expected availability in the AD’s in the South East/London?
    Looking to buy the BB58 on a leather strap as I have a Rolex Sub on a bracelet. I don’t have any relationships with AD’s or experiences with waiting list.
    Does anyone have any insight as to how COVID-19 will effect waiting lists etc?
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Neil

Put yourself on the list for one with a leather strap and I don't think you'd be waiting too long at all, as everyone wants it on bracelet. Times vary but I had mine in 3 weeks (on bracelet) after passing on the leather strap version that was in the window. Since I got mine I've seen another on strap in the AD, just sitting in the window.

The availability is fine if you ring around a few AD'S.

As has been said leather and nato sit in displays, bracelet is slightly harder to come by but a few calls and you will have one within a week.

Master
    They’re regularly available in the likes of Fraser Hart here in Edinburgh. No waiting lists or premiums to pay. I spotted one on the Blowers website earlier in the week. Was it listed at £490 over RRP? Who’d pay that?
    Last edited by seabiscuit; 21st May 2020 at 14:30. Reason: Wrong information

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakuan View Post
    Yeah...there's been a few sold on ebay at well over retail recently too.
    The figure I referred to was wrong. It’s £490. They can ask what they like, but these are readily available watches. There’s no need to pay a premium over RRP.

Actually I was right first time. £730 over RRP.

https://blowers-jewellers.co.uk/prod...-bay-79030n-3/
    Last edited by seabiscuit; 21st May 2020 at 14:34.

Master
    Based on my calls just as lockdown was starting and in the first few weeks the bracelet was not available, so I guess people, especially those that got told '1 year waiting list' and gave up don't see them as being available.
    I’ve bought two on the bracelet since December 2019. Bought the latest to replace the one I regretted moving on. They’re readily available without needing to search too hard at least here in Auld Reekie.

Master
    Found the follow up email...

There are many reasons why I’ve enjoyed living in Edinburgh for the last twenty odd years. The ready availability of a current Tudor model is another one to add to the list then.

I got mine on a bracelet within about six weeks.

Goldsmith in Bluewater were the most helpful for me. I ordered mine June 18, took a year to get but supply was limited. I’m sure on a bracelet are easier to get hold of now. Other ADs wanted deposits. Good luck finding one & on leather should be straight forward. Don’t pay over RRP. Is any watch worth that?!

It’s a cracking watch & gets the majority of wrist time from me.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    I got mine from duty free at Heathrow airport. You have to be leaving the EU to collect it. You can call the Harrods Boutique and pay for it over the phone and as long as you pick it up within 30 days they will hold it. I guess this plan is complicated by COVID travel issues but still worth knowing. I put my name on the list in December and had a duty-free BB58 on a bracelet by mid-Feb. Discount is around 17%.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by nmcs2020 View Post
    Hi all,
    New to the forum and this is my first post.
    I’m looking to buy a new Tudor Black Bay 58 but don’t know how difficult they are to come by.
    Checked Watchfinder/Chrono24 and seems to be limited choice with prices starting over retail.
    Does anyone know the expected availability in the AD’s in the South East/London?
    Looking to buy the BB58 on a leather strap as I have a Rolex Sub on a bracelet. I don’t have any relationships with AD’s or experiences with waiting list.
    Does anyone have any insight as to how COVID-19 will effect waiting lists etc?
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Neil
    Thanks for all the responses and information. Will speak to my local AD’s and keep you updated.

Master
    It will be interesting to see how long the wait is. one on eBay with a bracelet went for over £3k !

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Brand-New...1/303564855419

Quote Originally Posted by s1wnw View Post
    It will be interesting to see how long the wait is. one on eBay with a bracelet went for over £3k !

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Brand-New...1/303564855419
    More fool to the buyer for not putting a little effort in to locating one.

Journeyman
    I remember posting on here back in March, I think, that two had popped up in Goldsmiths Trafford Centre both on the bracelet. I bought one of them and have been very happy with it, I was looking before Christmas but glad I couldn’t find one as you now get 5 years warranty after 1st Jan.
    I ordered the fabric and leather strap options too but the lockdown kicked in so I presume they’re waiting for me when everything opens back up.
    So I’m proof that they do appear in windows still!

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by WatchFanUK23 View Post
    I got mine from duty free at Heathrow airport. You have to be leaving the EU to collect it. You can call the Harrods Boutique and pay for it over the phone and as long as you pick it up within 30 days they will hold it. I guess this plan is complicated by COVID travel issues but still worth knowing. I put my name on the list in December and had a duty-free BB58 on a bracelet by mid-Feb. Discount is around 17%.

There'a a Watches of Switzerland in the north terminal at Gatwick now who had one the last time flew in September. And they had a couple of stunning Zeniths which took my eye.

Journeyman
    I appreciate this may be a little out of date relative to the rest of the thread, but for anyone looking to pick up the original BB 58 in London, I just had a great experience at Harrods. I have struggled to find an AD in central London that was very helpful. Most stores look at you like you're crazy when you ask about it; 'those are very hard to get....' seems to be the typical answer, eyes raised disbelievingly to the heavens in awe at your lack of self-awareness in bothering to enquire. I had a rather disappointing experience with Watches of Switzerland where I left my details in store to get on the list; never heard back, so followed up with an e-mail to the store asking them to confirm I was on the list, to which no one ever replied; and then returned to a different branch only to be told I was definitely not yet on any list. So they added me again (and confirmed this time via a separate e-mail), but I have still not had any reply in quite some time.

An employee at Mappin and Webb recommend I try Harrods, which wouldn't have occurred to me. But they were fantastic. I don't know if it's a result of the lack of store foot traffic with Covid, but I left my name a couple of weeks ago and have already gotten the call the watch (on bracelet) is available. They also have GMTs available in store on bracelet, fabric, and leather. They tend to be a little busy in the Tudor section, but for what it's worth, the staff were also very friendly and nice.

Not sure if that's helpful to anyone but thought I'd mention it.

Master
    I've got one you're welcome too if you want - bought it two weeks ago on impulse, but haven't worn it. Stickers still in place! I'm in London.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Lantenac06 View Post
    I appreciate this may be a little out of date relative to the rest of the thread, but for anyone looking to pick up the original BB 58 in London, I just had a great experience at Harrods. I have struggled to find an AD in central London that was very helpful. Most stores look at you like you're crazy when you ask about it; 'those are very hard to get....' seems to be the typical answer, eyes raised disbelievingly to the heavens in awe at your lack of self-awareness in bothering to enquire. I had a rather disappointing experience with Watches of Switzerland where I left my details in store to get on the list; never heard back, so followed up with an e-mail to the store asking them to confirm I was on the list, to which no one ever replied; and then returned to a different branch only to be told I was definitely not yet on any list. So they added me again (and confirmed this time via a separate e-mail), but I have still not had any reply in quite some time.

An employee at Mappin and Webb recommend I try Harrods, which wouldn't have occurred to me. But they were fantastic. I don't know if it's a result of the lack of store foot traffic with Covid, but I left my name a couple of weeks ago and have already gotten the call the watch (on bracelet) is available. They also have GMTs available in store on bracelet, fabric, and leather. They tend to be a little busy in the Tudor section, but for what it's worth, the staff were also very friendly and nice.

Not sure if that's helpful to anyone but thought I'd mention it.
    That's useful, thanks! I am considering a blue BB58 and my local AD wants the full amount as a deposit, which seems excessive to me.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperVM View Post
    That's useful, thanks! I am considering a blue BB58 and my local AD wants the full amount as a deposit, which seems excessive to me.
    Full deposit for a Tudor is a bit much. Surely 30% max.

Journeyman
    I would also be careful to check whether or not it's refundable. One store tried to get me to give a 50% deposit, which I might have been prepared to do except for that when I asked if it was refundable they said it was not. I found that a little worrying given they couldn't even guarantee when they would have the watch in stock.

Harrods was in the event much better for me in obtaining the OG 58, but they were much cagier on when the blue might be available and couldn't confirm it ever would be (!).

Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
    Full deposit for a Tudor is a bit much. Surely 30% max.

Journeyman
    I'd second Harrods, very good service, guess they might get a lot of stock as they seem to have a special Tudor relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Lantenac06 View Post
    I would also be careful to check whether or not it's refundable. One store tried to get me to give a 50% deposit, which I might have been prepared to do except for that when I asked if it was refundable they said it was not. I found that a little worrying given they couldn't even guarantee when they would have the watch in stock.
    Agree, anything should be refundable but if not something like 30% with the watch in hand within 90 days etc or a full refund if they haven't delivered on their end would work. A lot of aggro for a Tudor though