closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: New Zenith El Primero Revival A386

New Zenith El Primero Revival A386

Zenith just announced this new dial of the El Primero inspired by vintage prototypes never released and found in the Attic.

Manufacture Exclusive Manufacture Edition Original 1969 case with 38 mm diameter Automatic El Primero column-wheel chronograph.

I have to say I think this is gorgeous and want one immediately (although wish it was slightly bigger).

Zenith have also said that every owner will get a tour of their facility and the attic where the dials (and other treasures) were found (obviously once the CV19 situation is sorted).

There’s a video about it on their Instagram as well that explains the story and release nicely.

More details about the watch on their website: https://www.zenith-watches.com/en_us...86-400-60-c843

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apprentice
    Quite possibly the best El Primero I have seen. Those colours work so well. When the sub dials are too colourful it always makes the El Primero look a bit clown like to me. Just my personal thoughts. But those different shades of blue combined with the silver dial just looks stunning. And it's 38mm, which to me is a great size and wish more Chrono's would adopt this more modest sizing. Smaller watches are a lot more classy in my opinion.

Craftsman
    I’m looking for another summer watch this could be a contender, very fresh looking. Not sure about the black leather strap, maybe something lighter in colour.

Was looking at the seamaster gmt.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I agree a brown or even dark blue would be better than black leather.

I think that looks superb, any pricing info?

Still prefer the tri-color version; this is too much blue, subdial-wise.

But that included tour is a great incentive for Zenith loyalists.

Lovely looking dial and I’d also like them to do a reverse panda in the 38mm

Quote Originally Posted by pete-r View Post
    I agree a brown or even dark blue would be better than black leather.

I think that looks superb, any pricing info?
    I’ve just checked the product sheet and apparently the strap is dark blue. Doesn’t come across in the pictures though, definitely looks black.

Not sure about pricing. The video said Zenith also launched a new sales site yesterday where you could buy this online, but I can’t find a link to it on their website.

Ok, just found more details and pictures of the watch here ( https://monochrome-watches.com/zenit...-review-price/ ) and it says

‘This Zenith Chronomaster Revival Manufacture Edition is part of a new collection, and although it is not limited in production, it is intended to be an exclusive piece, available uniquely to visitors of the Zenith Manufacture. However, given the current situation, which does not allow visits to the manufacture, the watch will also be available on its e-commerce website, giving customers the opportunity to purchase the watch until the manufacture reopens to the public.

Zenith will launch this online boutique first for Italy, France and Switzerland in May, followed by Germany, Spain, the United Kingdom and then in the United States.’

Price is about £7500

Not bad actually, and those old original dials must have been an exciting find, interesting to see the prototype versions.

Love my original, but don't get to wear it too often.

I'm not into chronographs but I've always admired the 38mm El P and this latest one looks great. I've not seen one in the flesh but I'd be concerned that they may be too thick?

I think this is a stunning piece and the size is appropriate for the era. I'd love one, but will find it tough to justify the price as there's a lot of competition in this range.

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Love that colourway but their prices seem to have gone up a lot over the last 3 years. RRP for my 38mm tri colour was £5.5k when I bought it in late 2017

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Yep thats a beauty.......but knowing that they sell on here for say £3500-£4000 typically in very lightly used condition, there's not many would be willing to £7.5K and risk that loss.

Do Zenith typically offer discounts? I see some of the retailers often have 20% + off the Zeniths in the sales.
    Last edited by smokey99; 21st May 2020 at 09:02.

I like it!

Quote Originally Posted by andy111s View Post
    Not bad actually, and those old original dials must have been an exciting find, interesting to see the prototype versions.

Love my original, but don't get to wear it too often.

Still just about the nicest watch I've seen Andy, simply gorgeous.

Love the new one, I would like to see them offer a ladder bracelet with it, and not sure about the blue.
    I see that Zenith are making a lot more of the Charles Vermot story, they referred to it recenly in respect to the black new EP chrono, as well as this one.

Dave

Master
    That's a beaut, many a time El Prims have been called out for being unreadable or cluttered, this is clear and lovely.

I love the way those lugs are brushed on this Revival.

Might try and pick one up, not at RRP though.

Craftsman
    I'm in love and am seriously considering getting one, as the A386 has become unattainable over the last decade

Master
    Love the watch but man, why can’t they just use 20mm lugs!??

Always wanted one of these just a lovely watch.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by smokey99 View Post
    Yep thats a beauty.......but knowing that they sell on here for say £3500-£4000 typically in very lightly used condition, there's not many would be willing to £7.5K and risk that loss.

Do Zenith typically offer discounts? I see some of the retailers often have 20% + off the Zeniths in the sales.
    Yeah zeniths generally are discounted but this one will
    Be boutique and their online site, so no discounts

Craftsman
    Superb watch. Ridiculous price.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Beautiful watch, but can't really see the added value over the existing 1969 Chronomaster.
    If it was an LE, I could understand a reasonable price hike, but as I understand this wont be a limited batch.

Does anybody have any thoughts on how these will retain value (or not) in comparison to the regular chronomaster?

Master
    Was only a matter of time that they re-issued this, great looking watch obviously. This was the nuke option for them to get sales going. Asking price is a bit strong, can see grey price of 5k and private sale price of 4-5k.

Craftsman
    lovely, but won't pay retail for that...