closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rolex SS Ceramic Daytona

Master
    I like my Daytona’s. The white certainly edges it for me.

Journeyman
    I have tried on three different Pre loved Daytona’s and have always been underwhelmed by them.

Almost disappointed would be an accurate description and maybe I had built the watch up in my head.

Three watches, three separate occasions and always underwhelmed.

Master
    Blog Entries
    I think for me the reason some are underwhelmed is down to two things.

The watches are weaker than some rivals in some features or areas that people assign the term quality to like anti reflection, lume, weight etc. If you asked a watch noob to rank a debadged Daytona, Spitfire chrono, speedie, JLC Polaris or el primero, I suspect they rolex wouldn't be placed as the best let alone the one costing significantly more than some others.

This is compounded by the price/lack of availability so I've built them up to be something amazing because they are impossible to obtain.

I've tried one on and it's not as good as a few rivals in key areas but I still want one REALLY badly lol.

I've had white and black pre ceramic and both lovely - black dial is surprisingly dressy. Unlike some of the posters here I could definitely see the value in the watch.

The black dial ceramic I don't like - looks like a lower range Tag Carrera. White dial is very nice but again I prefer the non ceramic version as it just felt more special. IMHO of course

Master
    Only daytona that has worked for me on the wrist was the platinum version (!!). But then there is the price of that one.....

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by pete-r View Post
    I think for me the reason some are underwhelmed is down to two things.

The watches are weaker than some rivals in some features or areas that people assign the term quality to like anti reflection, lume, weight etc. If you asked a watch noob to rank a debadged Daytona, Spitfire chrono, speedie, JLC Polaris or el primero, I suspect they rolex wouldn't be placed as the best let alone the one costing significantly more than some others.

This is compounded by the price/lack of availability so I've built them up to be something amazing because they are impossible to obtain.

I've tried one on and it's not as good as a few rivals in key areas but I still want one REALLY badly lol.
    Out of that list, JLC Polaris chronograph has most potential to knock Daytona off its perch but not the current version. Tried it on and whilst very nicely made, slim and lovely chrono action, it was a bit dull/forgetful. JLC went through a ridiculous phase with the sports watches now they have gone the other way and are overly conservative.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    Loved this range - really nice. I like the silver dial version in particular. Is this 42mm or 44mm?
    44mm although wears smaller.

I have to agree with the OP- I find the current steel Daytona’s slightly underwhelming- I like the ceramic bezels but the watch in general doesn’t feel special enough on the wrist to match the hype......I do love the yellow gold/green dial Ref:116508 version though.....
    Last edited by farmkid; 29th May 2020 at 23:22.