closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Oris Aquis Mint Green Thoughts

Apprentice

Oris Aquis Mint Green Thoughts

imgonline-com-ua-compressed-6t4YZki1Za.jpg

Hi all,

New to this forum and have enjoyed reading all of your content.

I would like advice on the Oris Aquis pictured above. I've already got a 43.5mm Aquis with a midnight blue dial, but I’ve been moving onto smaller watches recently and this mint green 39.5mm has really caught my eye. Love the gradient dial, colour scheme and muted matt finish. Been checking out the Instagram pics and noticed that there’s not a man in sight wearing this watch, only women. Even the official Oris video for this watch features a woman wearing it. My question to you all is, do you think this is a woman’s watch or can a man pull this off? All thoughts appreciated.

Thanks

Craftsman
    Nice watch, unusual colour, green is definitely getting more popular...
    At 39.5mm definitely a man could wear it, I would!!
    Women seem to be favouring oversize watches at the moment so oris are probably trying to appeal to a new demographic..

Sent from my SM-G960F using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    I mean, I think it's a bit weird to think of watches as "women's watches" in the first place. Just wear what you like, and think suits you, not what you think you're allowed to wear because of your gender.

But also, it's a 39.5mm 300m divers watch. If we have to assign genders to jewellery, I think that's about as "manly" as it gets.

Agree with the comments above though I would add that having tried the Oris Aquis I found the proportions we're off with the smaller model in that it was too thick for its diameter.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Strnglwhank View Post
    Agree with the comments above though I would add that having tried the Oris Aquis I found the proportions we're off with the smaller model in that it was too thick for its diameter.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
    I agree, with its relatively short lugs the 39mm I tried on felt very small.

Apprentice
    Thats a lovely colour, I wouldn’t be too bothered about how they have marketed it, if you love it go for it.

I’ve never been too keen on the integrated bracelet on this model however I’ve not seen one properly in real life so should reserve judgement.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Nice colour, looks ghosted, lovely. Green is the in colour and as owner of a jade sumo I say go for it

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I think they've marketed it towards women due to the size, but its a lovely looking watch with a cool dial, doesn't scream female only watch to me.

I own a 43.5mm small-seconds Aquis - of all the watches I own, it's probably the best-finished in terms of detailing.

I love this version with its glorious dark-light fade sage green dial teamed with a grey ceramic bezel insert: a really pleasant change from the usual clichéd dive watch designs.

Amusing seeing a chunky 39mm watch being described as a lady's watch - albeit it has a clear unisex appeal. Aquis designs wear big, and I personally wouldn't hesitate to wear it - even though most of my watches are >40mm.

Were it intended as a women's only watch the dial would be pink

BUBI 0_0

Apprentice
    Thanks for the comments guys I really appreciate them.

I definitely feel that Oris are trying to market this version for the oversized women's watch trend at the moment, but I really love it and have it ordered today. I will let you how I feel when it arrives. My 43.5mm is definitely too big for me, but this was the only size available when I first purchased it. I have tried the 39.5mm version before (in the blue colour way) and although it looks a little small at first, it feels great on the wrist. If this 39.5mm doesn't fit the bill there's always the new 41.5mm version which I am keen to try on. My overall thoughts are that this mint green 39.5mm looks cool but timeless at the same time. Let me know what you think.

Many Thanks

Lovely colour on the dial, Shame about the non-matching day window. I do feel if they can’t match the date wheel it would be better without a date at at all.

Quote Originally Posted by bubi View Post
    Were it intended as a women's only watch the dial would be pink

BUBI 0_0
    Seriously?

Simon

Quote Originally Posted by tertius View Post
    Lovely colour on the dial, Shame about the non-matching day window. I do feel if they can’t match the date wheel it would be better without a date at at all.
    The date window blends into the hour indice nicely imho. Very discreet. The dial colour is hideous though.

I think men could pull off wearing this Oris. I don't think the 39mm size matters much unless you have really large wrists.

Looking through Instagram, I've been seeing a trend of women wearing men's diving watches like the sub. This might be Oris' attempt to market to that demographic. A clear dive watch with all the features but in a smaller package for comfort and aesthetics.

I like the look of it. Looks unisex to me

Quote Originally Posted by mycroft View Post
    Seriously?

Simon
    Aha

BUBI 0_0

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by bubi View Post
    Aha

BUBI 0_0
    I'd wear that.

Quote Originally Posted by CryptoKing View Post
    Thanks for the comments guys I really appreciate them.

I definitely feel that Oris are trying to market this version for the oversized women's watch trend at the moment, but I really love it and have it ordered today. I will let you how I feel when it arrives. My 43.5mm is definitely too big for me, but this was the only size available when I first purchased it. I have tried the 39.5mm version before (in the blue colour way) and although it looks a little small at first, it feels great on the wrist. If this 39.5mm doesn't fit the bill there's always the new 41.5mm version which I am keen to try on. My overall thoughts are that this mint green 39.5mm looks cool but timeless at the same time. Let me know what you think.

Many Thanks
    Any update OP?
    I’m considering the green dial 39. Your thoughts wound be appreciated.