closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: The last dance....fantastic documentary!!!!

The last dance....fantastic documentary!!!!

I’m not a fan of basketball but after hearing all the hype I finally started watching it last night and before I knew it 4 episodes had gone by!
    It’s so interesting having an insight into the mind of someone like Jordan and the team as a whole,anyone else watched it?

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    I have seen a number of people mention that its really good.

I did consider it, but not being into basketball I figured it wasn't for me.

Never watched basket ball but hooked on this documentary , Michael jordan - just can’t help admire his sportsmanship and determination. Also would love to see a basketball game now- so fast paced!

Been watching it and think it is one of the best series I have watched for a long while. The Bulls and Air Jordans were part of my teenage years so to see this in detail was fascinating and I didn't previously really have a feel for just how impactful MJ was to the game. I highly recommend it.

If you're on twitter it's well worth checking out Andrew Hawkins (@hawk) and his parody sketches of the series - they are hilarious; "I'm gonna bust his ass and give him 60".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrFoYJ1120A
    Last edited by Megatron; 19th May 2020 at 19:00.

Master
    Another one here never into basketball but it’s a great series and now would love to see a game! Great insight into the mindset of a true elite athlete.

Ian

Yes was pretty good I suppose not being exposed to the subject matter as a kid helped. I mean I knew who MJ was and that was about it. I suppose with the rise of global football and its growth in the states he might of been basketballs High point.

Master
    Half way through, but unlike earlier posters I’m familiar with a lot of the game footage — I was fascinated by Jordan when he was playing, have highlight dvds etc etc. Whilst I knew about the talent he had, it’s an eye opener to see the sheer determination. Great show so far. Whilst Lebron James is matching him now in stats, I don’t think there’s any question about the best ever. It’s like the Messi Ronaldo debate.

Im two episodes in, very interesting insight

Master
    An amazing athlete, in terms of intensity, work ethic and desire to win I can't think of anyone who comes near. Maybe some like Christiano Ronaldo. I'm on episode 9, great series but a little long. I'm sure basketball is as popular as ever though.

I’ve just started watching it - not quite through the first episode.

What’s with the red eyes and massive tumbler of whisky ? Does that come out throughout the other episodes ?

Craftsman
    Never been majorly into basketball, didn't know tons about the history or Jordan or the game before watching this. It is nothing short of sensational and brilliantly produced. I enjoyed the way the timeline shifted back and forth, showing the sliding doors moments and how MJ and the team drew on those previous experiences. Really cleverly done.

And when Michael Jordan says "it became personal for me" you know you are in trouble

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Master
    Another recommendation from me - it’s a superb documentary. I knew nothing about basketball and only really knew the names of Jordan, Pippen etc. Even my wife is enjoying it and that’s a first with a sports doc!

Absolutely amazing show, I vaguely remember the stuff from about 97 on and most of the names, but wow talk about a driven individual who demands the best and leads by example, say what you will but the man truly transcended the sport...

Apparently he drinks a lot and it’s likely to be his own brand, very expensive tequila.

It’s not mentioned though

Quote Originally Posted by dandanthewatchman View Post
    I’ve just started watching it - not quite through the first episode.

What’s with the red eyes and massive tumbler of whisky ? Does that come out throughout the other episodes ?

Journeyman
    Fantastic programme, including how it has been filmed and produced.

MJ will be up there with the likes of Ali, Babe Ruth etc.

Best series I have watched for a very long time. Probably IMO only The Sopranos beats it.

What a driven guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will have to watch it tonight now!

Quote Originally Posted by Foxyadam View Post
    Best series I have watched for a very long time. Probably IMO only The Sopranos beats it.

What a driven guy.

Sopranos is THE best series ever created.

Master
    I have watched the first 3 episodes and found it fascinating.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Another recommendation here. Unfortunately Jordan kind of passed me by when he was at his peak, as I never got the chance to watch the NBA (think it was on Sky and despite my best efforts at persuading the parents to get it they wouldn’t budge!). I knew the name obviously, but didn’t really get to see what all the hype was about. Genuinely fascinating stuff

An amazing documentary, understandable why he became the most famous (sports) person in the world for his time, with his mentality.

A quote from episode 9 or 10 about positivity and keeping in the moment

"Why should I be worried about a shot I haven’t taken yet"

Brilliant - may watch it again. Well worth the cost of Netflix alone!

Craftsman
    Enjoyed the series, and as a non basket ball fan, it's interesting to hear the story of Jordan.

I was massively into basketball, Jordan and the Bulls in the early 90’s. I think the driver was the hype around the ‘Dream Team’ at the ‘92 Olympics! Worth watching some of the games as that team were an unstoppable force!

I’ve loved it. Watched the last two last night. Found it enthralling and one of the best things I’ve watched in ages.
    Jordan has to be one of greatest sportsmen of all time. Up there with all the game changers.

Craftsman
    Having watched all the episodes and absolutely loved it, I found this a really interesting piece to read afterwards.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...ael-jordan-nba

Master
    Amazing programme.
    Total dedication and addiction to being number 1

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by jon8oy View Post
    Never been majorly into basketball, didn't know tons about the history or Jordan or the game before watching this. It is nothing short of sensational and brilliantly produced. I enjoyed the way the timeline shifted back and forth, showing the sliding doors moments and how MJ and the team drew on those previous experiences. Really cleverly done.

And when Michael Jordan says "it became personal for me" you know you are in trouble

I have never seen someone with such a single-minded determination to win. Scary and inspiring at the same time. I love it that little Steve Kerr stood up to him.

Master
    Watched number 9 last night and saved the finale for later. It is absolutely superb

Master
    Finished this last night and was enthralled the while way through.
    I personally liked how he went out at the top, and pushed himself to so do. Perhaps not the most likeable character in the world but he was a winner through and through.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Jlynch1984 View Post
    . I love it that little Steve Kerr stood up to him.
    Its mad that we look at Steve Kerr and think of him as the little guy....he's 6ft 3 inches.

These guys are feakily tall and very very badly dressed......but that was the 90's.

Quote Originally Posted by smokey99 View Post
    Its mad that we look at Steve Kerr and think of him as the little guy....he's 6ft 3 inches.

These guys are feakily tall and very very badly dressed......but that was the 90's.
    Yeah made me chuckle watching them all walking round in suits that looked like they were from charity shops. Surprisingly hard to look good as a freakishly tall millionaire in the 90’s!

Blog Entries
    Kept thinking of David Byrne, no idea why

Craftsman
    Loving this documentary so far, it’s amazing how he still manages to recall every event.