closing tag is in template navbar
Time Factors Watches



TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 51 to 100 of 107

Thread: New Seiko 5 range???? Maybe????

  1. #51
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Newcastle UK
    Posts
    320
    Quote Originally Posted by enndriz View Post
    Interestingly, no sign of the gilt version which was originally leaked yet. Or have I missed it?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah. I'm looking for that one. However the anthracite with an aftermarket mesh might do me. I'll have a google see what I can find.

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  2. #52
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Newcastle UK
    Posts
    83
    W&W article on the new 5s - even more colours on the way by the looks of it:


    https://wornandwound.com/new-watches...latest-update/


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #53
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    350
    Looks great in the green dial. What is it with seiko and green dials at the moment?

  4. #54
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Newcastle UK
    Posts
    320
    Quote Originally Posted by enndriz View Post
    W&W article on the new 5s - even more colours on the way by the looks of it:


    https://wornandwound.com/new-watches...latest-update/


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Looks like a home run to me.

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  5. #55
    Journeyman Idontgram's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    170
    Looks like a winner to me, thereís something a bit more original/innovative about having an skx-inspired field watch, in a smaller case, rather than the 5kx dive watch.

    Now Iím just waiting for the leaked alpinist in the 38mm case and no compass bezel: thatís the field watch I need!

  6. #56
    Master bedlam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Fremantle, Western Australia (GMT +8)
    Posts
    1,131
    Quote Originally Posted by weaselid View Post
    Wow, lovely watch. Trying too hard to be an explorer homage
    It's an SKX styled field watch...how you managed to get to Rolex from there is puzzling.

  7. #57
    Journeyman lexminute's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    USA/UK/Asia
    Posts
    79
    Quote Originally Posted by Idontgram View Post
    Looks like a winner to me, thereís something a bit more original/innovative about having an skx-inspired field watch, in a smaller case, rather than the 5kx dive watch.

    Now Iím just waiting for the leaked alpinist in the 38mm case and no compass bezel: thatís the field watch I need!
    Oh, right. We still have this cleaner Alpinist to look forward to. Might probably go this route as well for the better movement (and build quality, maybe?)

  8. #58
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Newcastle UK
    Posts
    320
    Quote Originally Posted by bedlam View Post
    It's an SKX styled field watch...how you managed to get to Rolex from there is puzzling.
    We were talking, briefly, about a different watch.

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  9. #59
    Master
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,573

    New Seiko 5 range???? Maybe????

    Quote Originally Posted by weaselid View Post
    We were talking, briefly, about a different watch.

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    I agree with you that is a bit 1016-a-like, and done very nicely

  10. #60
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    151
    Quote Originally Posted by weaselid View Post
    We were talking, briefly, about a different watch.

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    I quiet like the look of this.

    Have you got more details on the watch? Size, WR and price?

    Cheers


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  11. #61
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Jul 2019
    Location
    Kent UK
    Posts
    686
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad14 View Post
    I quiet like the look of this.

    Have you got more details on the watch? Size, WR and price?

    Cheers


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    It is the SZSB006 TICTAC 35TH ANNIVERSARY WATCH as mentioned further down the thread. More detail in the link. I think it looks lovely, nice design influences from the 1016, Railmsater and Alpinist. But seems very difficult to get at anything approaching a reasonable price point.

  12. #62
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    N/A
    Posts
    151
    Quote Originally Posted by gerrudd View Post
    It is the SZSB006 TICTAC 35TH ANNIVERSARY WATCH as mentioned further down the thread. More detail in the link. I think it looks lovely, nice design influences from the 1016, Railmsater and Alpinist. But seems very difficult to get at anything approaching a reasonable price point.
    Thatís great thank you.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  13. #63
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    202
    Quote Originally Posted by weaselid View Post
    We were talking, briefly, about a different watch.

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    It looks way nice in this picture than on web pages of shops selling them - so never thought much then.

    Should try availability when shops open.

    Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

  14. #64
    Journeyman Idontgram's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    170
    https://youtu.be/WYVX52E8D5o

    Hard to get a sense of scale as the reviewer says they have 5.5 inch wrists but interesting thoughts on the watch...

  15. #65
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Newcastle UK
    Posts
    320
    Quote Originally Posted by Idontgram View Post
    https://youtu.be/WYVX52E8D5o

    Hard to get a sense of scale as the reviewer says they have 5.5 inch wrists but interesting thoughts on the watch...
    Good find. I defo like it. Need to think which one is right..... probably gilded one.

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  16. #66
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Plymouth
    Posts
    276
    I think it looks pretty good, he must have really small wrists because it looks enormous...
    Think I'll treat my son to one for his birthday as he seems keen on it.
    But I'm worried I'll like it so much I'll have to buy myself one as well

    Sent from my SM-G960F using TZ-UK mobile app

  17. #67
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    350
    The only down side is the smaller case means that all the readily available mod parts for the SKX/5KX won't fit.

  18. #68
    Journeyman Idontgram's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    170
    Quote Originally Posted by Pagan View Post
    The only down side is the smaller case means that all the readily available mod parts for the SKX/5KX won't fit.
    I donít know... I wouldnít be surprised if the dial was the same size and they just shrunk the case as thereís no rotating bezel. Bracelet, crystal and case back mods probably wonít fit though

  19. #69
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    229
    Bit of a PSA if anyone's interested, these are available for £172.50 over at End Clothing using discount code VIPSALE

    https://www.endclothing.com/gb/catal...ult/?q=Seiko+5

    Topcashback possible too for those interested in that.

    Have gone for the Grey/Silver version myself.

  20. #70
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Newcastle UK
    Posts
    83

    New Seiko 5 range???? Maybe????

    Quote Originally Posted by minskii View Post
    Bit of a PSA if anyone's interested, these are available for £172.50 over at End Clothing using discount code VIPSALE

    https://www.endclothing.com/gb/catal...ult/?q=Seiko+5

    Topcashback possible too for those interested in that.

    Have gone for the Grey/Silver version myself.
    Completely bizarre - what are end clothing doing selling seiko 5s??? Great spot though!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  21. #71
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Plymouth
    Posts
    276
    Purchased!!!! Thanks for the heads up..

    Sent from my SM-G960F using TZ-UK mobile app

  22. #72
    Master Glen Goyne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Posts
    3,286
    Great find. Please post some impressions and pictures after arrival.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  23. #73
    Master Alansmithee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Burscough, UK
    Posts
    7,968
    Quote Originally Posted by minskii View Post
    Bit of a PSA if anyone's interested, these are available for £172.50 over at End Clothing using discount code VIPSALE

    https://www.endclothing.com/gb/catal...ult/?q=Seiko+5

    Topcashback possible too for those interested in that.

    Have gone for the Grey/Silver version myself.
    Oh mate... I'd sworn off... no more watches... I... I...

  24. #74
    Just a touch too large, it's like they go out of their way to make design mistakes appropriate to the lower cost of these lower end models.

    Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk

  25. #75
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Newcastle UK
    Posts
    320
    Quote Originally Posted by 200mwaterresistant View Post
    Just a touch too large, it's like they go out of their way to make design mistakes appropriate to the lower cost of these lower end models.

    Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk
    Obviously dependant on wrist size. 40mm for a dressy field watch is perfect for me with an 8 incha .

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  26. #76
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    229
    Freshly delivered by DPD this afternoon, first impressions, very pleased, the nato that it ships with isn't my style but thankful for drilled lugs so strap swaps are a breeze.




  27. #77
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Newcastle UK
    Posts
    83
    Looks really good. Nice to see on a normal sized wrist, looks really well proportioned. The video earlier in the thread made it look like a dinner plate - which takes some doing with a 40mm case!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  28. #78
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    229
    Very happy with the dimensions, I have a 6.5inch wrist and i think the size is spot on. Sits nice and close to the wrist now it's off the NATO too.


    Quote Originally Posted by enndriz View Post
    Looks really good. Nice to see on a normal sized wrist, looks really well proportioned. The video earlier in the thread made it look like a dinner plate - which takes some doing with a 40mm case!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  29. #79
    Master Glen Goyne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Posts
    3,286
    That picture makes me want one :-). Thanks for sharing!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  30. #80
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Newcastle UK
    Posts
    320
    Quote Originally Posted by minskii View Post
    Freshly delivered by DPD this afternoon, first impressions, very pleased, the nato that it ships with isn't my style but thankful for drilled lugs so strap swaps are a breeze.



    Nice pictures.

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  31. #81
    Master pacifichrono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    5,653
    I think I really like this 36mm SNKE01K1...


  32. #82
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    329
    Nice with that strap - may i ask where you got it?


    Quote Originally Posted by minskii View Post
    Freshly delivered by DPD this afternoon, first impressions, very pleased, the nato that it ships with isn't my style but thankful for drilled lugs so strap swaps are a breeze.




  33. #83
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    229
    This one is a couple of years old from watchgecko, be warned it's pretty thick, took a week or so to break in nicely.




    Quote Originally Posted by cypermethrin View Post
    Nice with that strap - may i ask where you got it?

  34. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by minskii View Post


    Great picture. The grey dial looks fabulous.

  35. #85
    Great photos, looks fantastic.

    Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk

  36. #86
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    NW Leics
    Posts
    6,015
    It does look really nice, I wish they'd do an equivalent range without the day/date display though.

  37. #87
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    NW Leics
    Posts
    6,015
    Quote Originally Posted by pacifichrono View Post
    I think I really like this 36mm SNKE01K1...

    Amazon has those for £150, but apparently with the day shown in Arabic. The date display is Arabic as well to be fair, but I find I can read those fairly fluently.

    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Seiko-Analo.../dp/B001KEZJ1U

    Nice size, I do like it. A blue dial one would be tempting.

  38. #88
    Craftsman rodia77's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Cork, ROI
    Posts
    340
    Quote Originally Posted by monogroover View Post
    Amazon has those for £150, but apparently with the day shown in Arabic. The date display is Arabic as well to be fair, but I find I can read those fairly fluently.

    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Seiko-Analo.../dp/B001KEZJ1U

    Nice size, I do like it. A blue dial one would be tempting.
    Pretty sure it's Arabic or English, depending on which you set it to.

  39. #89
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Location
    Newcastle UK
    Posts
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by rodia77 View Post
    Pretty sure it's Arabic or English, depending on which you set it to.
    Yep even the JDM versions have English as the other language. Pretty sure Itís always English +1


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  40. #90
    Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    NW Leics
    Posts
    6,015
    Thanks both, I think I'll have a look for one.

  41. #91
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    London
    Posts
    355
    Quote Originally Posted by monogroover View Post
    Amazon has those for £150, but apparently with the day shown in Arabic. The date display is Arabic as well to be fair, but I find I can read those fairly fluently.

    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Seiko-Analo.../dp/B001KEZJ1U

    Nice size, I do like it. A blue dial one would be tempting.
    There is a blue version


    Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

  42. #92
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Plymouth
    Posts
    276
    It arrived today, no issues at all looks good and I'm happy with the price.
    Date set,time change etc work fine I'm really impressed with it.... can't size the bracelet as its for my sons birthday!!!

    Unless I steal it and buy him another
    I have put it next to my mid sized omega seamaster for reference.
    For anyone undecided I would go for it especially at the price I paid..

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

  43. #93
    Craftsman rodia77's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Cork, ROI
    Posts
    340
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter franks View Post
    can't size the bracelet as its for my sons birthday!!!

    Unless I steal it and buy him another
    It's not a true heirloom if you don't wear it first!

  44. #94
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Location
    Wiltshire
    Posts
    566
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter franks View Post
    It arrived today, no issues at all looks good and I'm happy with the price.
    Date set,time change etc work fine I'm really impressed with it.... can't size the bracelet as its for my sons birthday!!!

    Unless I steal it and buy him another
    I have put it next to my mid sized omega seamaster for reference.
    For anyone undecided I would go for it especially at the price I paid..

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    I think that looks spot on. What is the thickness?

    Sent from my SM-A202F using TZ-UK mobile app

  45. #95
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    London
    Posts
    229
    Nice one! I'm sure your son will be really happy with that!




    Quote Originally Posted by Peter franks View Post
    It arrived today, no issues at all looks good and I'm happy with the price.
    Date set,time change etc work fine I'm really impressed with it.... can't size the bracelet as its for my sons birthday!!!

    Unless I steal it and buy him another
    I have put it next to my mid sized omega seamaster for reference.
    For anyone undecided I would go for it especially at the price I paid..

    Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by minskii; 16th June 2020 at 14:32.

  46. #96
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Plymouth
    Posts
    276
    Quote Originally Posted by Hocuspocus View Post
    I think that looks spot on. What is the thickness?

    Sent from my SM-A202F using TZ-UK mobile app
    Sorry I didn't check the thickness, its wrapped up now so can't check!!!
    It didn't appear thick when I looked at it!

    Sent from my SM-G960F using TZ-UK mobile app

  47. #97
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    350
    Quote Originally Posted by minskii View Post
    Bit of a PSA if anyone's interested, these are available for £172.50 over at End Clothing using discount code VIPSALE

    https://www.endclothing.com/gb/catal...ult/?q=Seiko+5

    Topcashback possible too for those interested in that.

    Have gone for the Grey/Silver version myself.
    Too good to resist at that price. I picked up the green one I wanted.

    Thanks!

  48. #98
    Craftsman rodia77's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Cork, ROI
    Posts
    340


    LOL, correct me if I'm wrong, but to my eye the examples 1, 2 and 8 in the order of appearance have misaligned either the dials or the rehauts. Looks like "made in Japan" doesn't do magic.

  49. #99
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    350
    Quote Originally Posted by rodia77 View Post


    LOL, correct me if I'm wrong, but to my eye the examples 1, 2 and 8 in the order of appearance have misaligned either the dials or the rehauts. Looks like "made in Japan" doesn't do magic.
    That's how you know it's a genuine seiko.


  50. #100
    Craftsman
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Newcastle UK
    Posts
    320
    Quote Originally Posted by Pagan View Post
    That's how you know it's a genuine seiko.



    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Do Not Sell My Personal Information