closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Watch competitions:

Apprentice

Watch competitions:

Hi Guys, been a while since I posted but I thought I’d pop on and see if anyone has had any experience with watch competitions?

I saw an advert for a company selling tickets to a Daytona 116500LN for £15 each. Now I’ve seen other do this but they are always £40-£50 a ticket so I didn’t bother but £15 seems worth a go to me.

Anyone else entered one of these types of competitions?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries
    Hey. Welcome back!

The only ones I’ve joined in have been on this forum - to raise money for very good causes. The watch is typically donated by a forum member.

I would tend to view that competition with skepticism -

Otherwise I rarely take part in competitions - not even in the National Lottery which I view as another form of tax (sorry for going off topic).

Master
    I’d be suspicious myself and wonder why they are doing it - because they can’t sell it? To make more money than the watch is worth maybe? More to the point, how does anyone know if there’s a real winner? How is it regulated?

I’d do the same as Martyn and stick to fundraisers on here.
    Last edited by Devonian; 19th May 2020 at 08:56.

There is one currently running on a Rolex Facebook forum ...300 tickets @ £50 a ticket for a chance to win a BLNR..with an undisclosed ??? amount going to "Charity".with a random number draw.

Would you walk into a bookmakers and put £50 on a 300-1 outsider

Yes someone is going to get a BLNR for £50 but there are also going to be 299 people who have lost £50...

You Choose

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by MartynJC (UK) View Post
    Hey. Welcome back!

The only ones I’ve joined in have been on this forum - to raise money for very good causes. The watch is typically donated by a forum member.

I would tend to view that competition with skepticism -

Otherwise I rarely take part in competitions - not even in the National Lottery which I view as another form of tax (sorry for going off topic).
    Haha no problem on the topic change.

They are definitely a for profit business, although they advertise that they donate to charity after every competition, the competition winner gets to choose between 3 the charities which they want the donation to go to. So that’s a nice aspect.

I don’t actually have an issue with them making a profit, I mean, that’s my intention with my personal business haha.

As long as it’s all legitimate I think I’m game.

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveM112 View Post
    There is one currently running on a Rolex Facebook forum ...300 tickets @ £50 a ticket for a chance to win a BLNR..with an undisclosed ??? amount going to "Charity".with a random number draw.

Would you walk into a bookmakers and put £50 on a 300-1 outsider

Yes someone is going to get a BLNR for £50 but there are also going to be 299 people who have lost £50...

You Choose
    The odds on Leicester winning the Premier League 5000-1 or something crazy...

But in all seriousness, I don’t mind spending £15 for a bit of fun as long as it’s legitimate

These competitions are all over social media. Lots of "you could win" and no history of winners to be shown. Personally I don't trust it.

Craftsman
    The site BOTB (more famous for car giveaways but have started with watches) is a pretty 'safe' option if this is your kind of thing. However it's a business with well established national coverage, heavily promoted etc therefore the number of entrants is far greater than most other 'raffles' you see advertised. Also slightly different premise in that you have to play a game e.g. each ticket you buy gives you the chance to spot where a ball would be in a photo of a football game. Whoever gets closes to where a panel of 'experts' think the ball would be wins.

WF have these on a regular basis. Register now in order to stand a chance of winning a Submariner. No bloody chance, they are not going to give away a watch like that for nothing. Deep mistrust.

The ones on here for good causes (Ally's bank balance for example) are okay 😂😂

Master
    Dream car giveaways have Rolex prize draws occasionally, Cameron this week was £5.