closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Looking for service recommendations

Looking for service recommendations

Good morning all,

I have a couple of watches that need servicing and a couple that need new batteries and testing and looking for recommendations on where to go. Preferably somewhere in or around Yorkshire area.

I was recommended Yorkshire Watches by a friend but unfortunately they are no longer offering servicing or repairs.

I've found 2 within a reasonable distance

Bygone Times and
    Gold Time watch repairs

Any body any experience with either of these?

Or is there somewhere/someone else I should be considering or maybe a member here to make contact with?

Thanks all in advance

Hard to believe on a watch forum no one can recommend some where to get a watch serviced 😁

Grand Master
    Perhaps you asked the wrong question.

It would help if you stated what type you wanted servicing. Some repairers work on certain watches but not others. You’re expecting someone to come along and say ‘yes, I can help’ without knowing what they’re agreeing to.

Many repairers ( me included) won’t work for dealers or people they suspect of being dealers, been there and done that, its more bother than its worth. Some dealers are OK, its the part- time dealers who ‘buy and sell a few’ that are the worst.

I’m currently busy with my own watches for a few months so its unlikely I could help you, but you’re more likely to get a positive response if you’re a bit more open about what you want doing.

To be honest buddy I was just looking for a few recommendations people may have used or know to be reputable. I've got a couple watches need servicing and my original recommendation is no longer an option.