closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Netflix - White Lines...great watch

Netflix - White Lines...great watch

"White Lines" on Netflix...

Binge watched this over last 48 hours and thought it superb..

brilliantly cast Nuno Lopes plays a great part no doubt destined for greatness and the always brilliant : Daniel Mays....to name just a few

plot is great fun and the 20 year time jumps and mirrored actors play the roles comparably...

Master
    On my list. Can't believe how many roles Mays gets, he's in everything

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

started it and episode 1 done.

quite humorous, i'm gonna stick with it and see how it goes

Tried it, thought it was pretty dire and didn't get through the first episode.

Master
    It’s next on the list for me.
    I’m currently watching Queen of the south, just started season 2.

Master
    It came up in my suggested to watch list, might give it a go! There's so much stuff on Netflix et al these days, it's hard to know where to start! I like to totally commit and binge watch.

Master
    I started watching in yesterday and enjoyed it. It’s good new things are still coming through.

Master
    Three episodes in and I’m already hoping Zoe gets bumped off in the second, otherwise it’s okay.

The more I watched it, the less I liked it. Mostly because I found the main character insufferable and most others weren’t much better.

Managed 3 episodes and thought it just average TBH.

Blog Entries
    Brings back good memories, the music is great!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Three episodes in and I’m already hoping Zoe gets bumped off in the second, otherwise it’s okay.
    Agreed. Shes quite annoying. Which is less than ideal for a character with whom I suppose we are expected to have empathy with?

More watchable than I thought but as others have said its a bit 'ITV' with bells on.

If my wife was willing to watch the Last Dance with me that would be our nightly viewing.

Quote Originally Posted by watch-nut View Post
    started it and episode 1 done.

quite humorous, i'm gonna stick with it and see how it goes
    Me too, watched the first one , it was mildly amusing and somewhat bizarre in places, found a few of the (what I assume are fake) accents slightly annoying but overall I’ll stick with it for a bit

Craftsman
    Thought it was pretty dire, watched one episode and not great.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    I'm in the one episode seems enough camp. I may watch another but the first episode didn't promise anything original that I could see by way of story line and I felt nothing for any of the main characters, although the head of security probably had most promise.

Sent from my HD1903 using Tapatalk

A bit weary to be honest. I’ll carry see if it improves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Just finished it and enjoyed it and disliked it in equal measure.......

We’ve just watched it over the weekend. Enjoyed it and some of the music took me back to a miss spent 20’s. Found it a bit random in places.

I’ve watched a couple more episodes and still have no idea if I’m enjoying it or not! Some parts good, some terrible!

Journeyman
    I have watched the first 2 and a half and I can’t take any more. It’s total dross.

Point number 1: which husband lets his suicidal/ severely mentally unwell wife go to a foreign country, alone, to ‘investigate’ the very incident which caused the bulk of her illness?

Point number 2: who gets shot with a harpoon and walks out of hospital, with the person who did it 2 hours later?

It’s actually making me think of cancelling Netflix as there has not been much worth watching recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Iain73 View Post
    I have watched the first 2 and a half and I can’t take any more. It’s total dross.

Point number 1: which husband lets his suicidal/ severely mentally unwell wife go to a foreign country, alone, to ‘investigate’ the very incident which caused the bulk of her illness?

Point number 2: who gets shot with a harpoon and walks out of hospital, with the person who did it 2 hours later?

It’s actually making me think of cancelling Netflix as there has not been much worth watching recently.
    The last dance?

Great it isn’t, rambles on far too much. The Spanish mother is lovely though.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by ed335d View Post
    Tried it, thought it was pretty dire and didn't get through the first episode.
    Me too, couldn't get into it.Gave it a chance but it weared thin too quickly for me to enjoy.

I think it's awful, I had hoped for much more from Netflix. Big budget series on drug culture in Ibiza should have been epic but it's far from it. Non of the actors seem particularly convincing, Lawrence Fox and Laura Haddock's Manchester accents are dreadful and none of it captures the feeling of Ibiza, it could have been set in Corfu.

Get the music and locations right and the rest should be easy but I'm yet to hear Energy 52 on the terraces of Space, or a sunset mix on the beach outside Café Del Mar.

3/10

Blog Entries
    Really bad but strangely had to watch it right to the end . Wondering why because I definitely wouldn’t recommend anybody else watching.

I’ve decided generally it’s terrible but I’ll hang on until I’ve finished it now

I've had the soundtrack on all morning. The best thing to come out of the series... other than my new found admiration for Belen Lopez.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Andyp1973 View Post
    The last dance?

The Last Dance https://g.co/kgs/3nMHmi

Well i thought it was well worth a watch, really enjoyed it, something to take away the daily boredom of being on furlough

Sent from my SM-G988B using TZ-UK mobile app

Craftsman
    First two episodes were great, the last two I’ve watched not so much. Will continue on though till the end.

I’m committed now. Axel came across as an arrogant unlikeable person not the cheeky chap they’re trying to portray .

Also Zoe is increasing frustrating - you’d think as a mother and now an adult herself she’d be able to spot the flaws in her brother she idolised .

Craftsman
    I'm struggling with it. Currently on Ep 5.

Not sure I can stick with it much longer. It looked great at the beginning and I was enjoying the music.

I’m on episode 7, I wasn’t expecting a masterpiece and I’m actually rather enjoying it - it’s stupid and a bit hokey, topless girls and dance music, lots of well known British actors having fun with a slightly ropey script - passes a bit of time

More I watch it more I think Axel is a pr1ck

The more I watch it the more I realise it’s a sack of shit!

Very enjoyable series (thus far). Definitely pitched at a generation who remember raves, and perhaps a certain recreational drug.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Kenney View Post
    I've had the soundtrack on all morning. The best thing to come out of the series... other than my new found admiration for Belen Lopez.
    Despite my earlier post I did see it through and it gets better near the end.

My summary is the same as yours, Music is great and Belen is one sexy woman. Very Handy :D

I enjoyed it as a series to watch with the wife. Axel was a knob. Boxer was the best character. Romanian drug people were such a stereotype.

I’m now 4 episodes in courtesy of this thread...I’m finding the plot wafer thin, but for me it’s proving a pleasant way to kill off an hour of lockdown boredom each night, and a great excuse to crack open a San Miguel to accompany it!

Craftsman
    i like but can’t help thinking the plot is very similar to Mad Dogs

Master
    It’s absolutely terrible but an easy watch if that even makes sense.

Finally gave up on this last night after around four episodes I think, couldn’t take it any more. I haven’t felt this conflicted watching something for ages as to whether I like or loathe it.

Quote Originally Posted by DANH View Post
    Finally gave up on this last night after around four episodes I think, couldn’t take it any more. I haven’t felt this conflicted watching something for ages as to whether I like or loathe it.
    This!

Finished episode 4 last night and I was left feeling annoyed!? It seemed to wander off the rails, far from the intial promise, decending into more of a, default, ex-pat "el dorado" style show. It's as if the writers ran out of hope and got bored, if that makes any sense?
    Last edited by D3ckard; 27th May 2020 at 12:43.

Master
    Those bloody subtitles though, driving me mad!

Quote Originally Posted by D3ckard View Post
    This!

Finished episode 4 last night and I was left feeling annoyed!? It seemed to wander off the rails, far from the intial promise, decending into more of a, default, ex-pat "el dorado" style show. It's as if the writers ran out of hope
    and got bored, if that makes any sense?
    Haha yeah it’s definitely got El Dorado vibes! I couldn’t quite put my finger on it but you have.

Craftsman
    This should have been a recipe for a really good series. Era=check. Music=Check, Setting=Check.

First three and last two episodes were really good but the bits in the middle weren't that engaging IMO.

Blog Entries
    I’m on episode 4... & have already decided that Axel is a bell end.

I’ll persevere to the end though.
    If only to confirm the case.

z