Quote Originally Posted by wileeeeeey View Post
I get your sentiment and I do think a huge crash is unlikely but they are falling, there is no doubt. We currently have a UK wide ban on repossessions and payment holidays all over the place. You don't do that when things are "just about ok" let alone "fine". You can call your agent and tell him to edit the price on Rightmove to £10m, it won't change the actual value.

I hope it goes well for you and you get a fair price, there are always areas which do better than others, but I would brace for offers.

I sold in Oct and wanted desperately to buy this year but I'm 100% not buying this year. Hoping for some certainty next year and to get a place by Sept but given the last 5 months anything is possible.
Fully agree i think prices may drop a little for some properties and in certain areas they may drop even more.

But likewise other properties are always in demand(mine being a bungalow,other's with a great view,near a good school etc)

I will update the thread as time goes on...bye the way we are prepared to accept 285/290k which it was valued at before covid19 but don't tell everyone