closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Keter Storage Boxes - Any good???

Keter Storage Boxes - Any good???

I’m looking to get one of those garden storage boxes so I can put the lawnmower, garden tools in etc...

I’ve seen those Keter Plastic Storage Sheds that look like a rectangle box, are these any good as I’ve heard the recent ones are poorly made and a nightmare to build...

Anyone have one or something similar they would recommend???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve got a ten year old one which has lasted well but needs replacing now. I don’t recall it being too hard to build.

It’s certainly been weather proof, nothing got wet inside in all that time.

Master
    Had 2 of the Midi sized ones for about a year - never leaked or fallen to bits ( bbq stuff/wood/charcoal etc in one and furniture cushions and stuff in tother)

I’ve got 2 of the larger bike units and they’re great- quite easy to put together and reasonably built and sturdy. It’s amazing what you can get in to them.
    I’ve got 2 bikes in each, gardening equipment and all sorts of junk......Highly recommend them.

Just remembered that my mate bought one from Amazon and it came with the wrong instructions, mine were the same and it was a bit of a sod building them from instructions online on my phone.

Master
    Bought one of the large ones around 8 months ago. Very simple to put together and very sturdy. I've got 4 bikes in it, gardening stuff, scooters, footballs etc. I'd buy another with no problems if I needed extra storage.

Had it for years - absolutely fine.

The only town in Britain with Caesar's name
    I believe that their outdoor units are great. I’ve currently got 4 (various Store-It models) and have had no issues since my first purchase around 2005. They now have a premium range but have yet to see this model, however they look great.
    Have a look on Costco as they had them a couple weeks ago on offer.

My only negative comment is support for spares....I bought a unit from Costco and after 3 >4 years the plastic catch broke. I contacted Keter only be told that the part is no longer available in the UK. I contacted them in the USA only to be told the same thing. A small plastic clip that holds the lid down broken and I have to replace the shed was their solution. However it’s nothing a concrete block hasn’t fixed.

Despite this, I would buy another.

B

Ah ok sounds like a positive all round then, right then time to do some research...

Just bought a 'jumbo' storage box/bike store from Argos, it was well packaged, all parts well identified and clear instructions.

It was straightforward to put together and everything fitted well and lined up (unlike most flat-pack I have assembled) there also seemed to be plenty of extra fixings included in the bags

All in all very happy, it felt like a quality product that will hopefully last some time, I have 2 electric bikes, 2 sets of golf clubs and all sorts of extra bits and bobs that had been cluttering up the house

Quote Originally Posted by Montybaber View Post
    Just bought a 'jumbo' storage box/bike store from Argos, it was well packaged, all parts well identified and clear instructions.

It was straightforward to put together and everything fitted well and lined up (unlike most flat-pack I have assembled) there also seemed to be plenty of extra fixings included in the bags

All in all very happy, it felt like a quality product that will hopefully last some time, I have 2 electric bikes, 2 sets of golf clubs and all sorts of extra bits and bobs that had been cluttering up the house
    Got the link mate please

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Martylaa View Post
    Got the link mate please

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    https://www.argos.co.uk/product/8844505

Looking at the Keter website this appears to be described as 'premier' I have no idea if it's just a title or a different range but I certainly would recommend it

Master
    What is the security like? They seem to be very nice to look at but fairly easy to break open or am I missing something? Are they completely made of plastic products or are there some kind of reinforced metal plates hidden in their construction.

Quote Originally Posted by Montybaber View Post
    https://www.argos.co.uk/product/8844505

Looking at the Keter website this appears to be described as 'premier' I have no idea if it's just a title or a different range but I certainly would recommend it
    That would be perfect but its out of stock for around me and no delivery...

I'll see if I can track one down elsewhere...

Quote Originally Posted by Browners View Post
    What is the security like? They seem to be very nice to look at but fairly easy to break open or am I missing something? Are they completely made of plastic products or are there some kind of reinforced metal plates hidden in their construction.
    The bike sheds don’t have any real metal locking mechanism, all they have is a plastic slider bolt which secures the top lid to the door sections. There is the option to drop a padlock through the hole but to be honest it’ll make little difference to the overall security.
    I work on the basis that if anyone wants something bad enough they’ll nick it, that goes for sheds and garages as well

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky Four Fingers View Post
    The bike sheds don’t have any real metal locking mechanism, all they have is a plastic slider bolt which secures the top lid to the door sections. There is the option to drop a padlock through the hole but to be honest it’ll make little difference to the overall security.
    I work on the basis that if anyone wants something bad enough they’ll nick it, that goes for sheds and garages as well
    Thanks for the reply, it seems then these keter sheds certainly serve a purpose for storage but only for items that have a smallish nominal value ie; garden furniture, hand garden tools, kids toys etc....
    But if for example you wish to keep more expensive bikes or say petrol garden equipment like mowers or strimmers then perhaps a slightly more robust shed would be required. I wouldn’t have thought you would get any type of house insurance cover with these sheds so keeping low value items that are easy/cheap to replace is probably for the best.

Journeyman
    We have a couple for garden furniture. Well made. Not sure about how high security they are though.

Master
    In my experience Suncast products are far superior to anything made by Keter, although there is a cost premium.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/suncast-sto...p_89%3ASuncast

The Keter products are very flimsy in comparison; my local garden center sells the Suncast products so maybe yours will stock them so you can see for yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Browners View Post
    I pondered this but my brother pointed out that the sort of stuff I keep in the shed, I'd be better off letting people take than smash the actual shed door... which was a fair point.

Must of been a run on plastic storage over the last couple of months as everything’s outta stock now...

Master
    I’ve bought and built 2 large 1 medium sized and a storage bench. Have no complaints quality wise and our 2 survived a pretty fraught house move. We finally moved them out of the garage and into the new back garden today. A quick jet wash and they are good as new.
    Construction took about 30 mins with 2 people who are pretty good with diy furniture and the like. I made my mums box and bench in about an hour each. So perfectly doable if you are on your own too.

Blog Entries
    I have two and absolutely no complaints no water invasion over the winter period but more importantly i have found their backup first class
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Keter-Store...251HGWK9F5GT7P

Just finally managed to track one down, on Amazon for £120 which is £30 cheaper than other places, actually these are completely out of stock everywhere so if anyone is looking for one then follow the link...

Thought I would add to this thread in case anyone searches in the future

I came across the rest of the keter standard range in a garden centre yesterday, the premier range is much more substantial and solid

I'm sure all boxes are absolutely fine but just in case anyone is on the fence about spending a little bit more

That’s good to hear, in the end I went for the Premium XL box from Argos, will comment on it when I get home and get to build it up.

Keter Store It Out Premier XL Storage Shed 1150L – Grey.

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/8829908

Maybe a silly question....

Whilst there has been reference to weather proofing and water invasion, how are the panel gaps?
    Biggest annoyance with outdoor storage is coming to access your items to then find them tangled in cobwebs!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by cman View Post
    Maybe a silly question....

Whilst there has been reference to weather proofing and water invasion, how are the panel gaps?
    Biggest annoyance with outdoor storage is coming to access your items to then find them tangled in cobwebs!
    They aren't bug proof. They'll keep most of the rain out but that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Martylaa View Post
    That’s good to hear, in the end I went for the Premium XL box from Argos, will comment on it when I get home and get to build it up.

Keter Store It Out Premier XL Storage Shed 1150L – Grey.

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/8829908

That's the smaller version of mine, you wont be disappointed