timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 8 mins!

Master

8 mins!

Didn't even get chance to check out.

Apprentice
    I only wanted some straps Eddie (cryface)

Craftsman
    I was in at 14:00, got the confirmation mail at 14:04, really happy after having missed it 2 times

Envoyé de mon SM-G950F en utilisant Tapatalk

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben265 View Post
    I was in at 14:00, got the confirmation mail at 14:04, really happy after having missed it 2 times

Congrats on your order. The old saying rings true, "The early bird gets the worm".

Master
    Foolishly presumed if stuff was in my basket I'd be able to checkout and continued browsing.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by kneadking View Post
    Congrats on your order. The old saying rings true, "The early bird gets the worm".
    Thanks, the third one was the good one and I hope it won't be too long before the next opening

Journeyman
    this is my kick of the can. I never expected it to be over so quick. Has this quick opening and closing been going on for a while, or is this because of some new model that has come out and we expect to go back to "normal" soon?

Ah crap it's Sunday!!!

Apprentice
    Happy I actually remembered to look at my phone for the reminder today. Got confirmation email for my Expedition at 1402, was worrying at 1400 as the website didn't load the first few times ;) Look forward to getting it soon.

I guessed it wouldn’t be open for very long, managed to snaffle a couple of watches this time lol...

looking forward to the next tuck shop opening....

gadget

Apprentice
    Been lurking since late last year when I bought a PRS-10.

Since then I have added a PRS29A.

Managed to make it in time yesterday and got a PRS29AM.

Looking forward to the despatched email from Eddie...hopefully by this week.

Quick question...also bought a 18mm grey and black Bond NATO yesterday...does the 18mm come with new or old hardware ?

Woah, that's quite a record. I'll try my luck when the stars align.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by jonno View Post
    Been lurking since late last year when I bought a PRS-10.

Since then I have added a PRS29A.

Managed to make it in time yesterday and got a PRS29AM.

Looking forward to the despatched email from Eddie...hopefully by this week.

Quick question...also bought a 18mm grey and black Bond NATO yesterday...does the 18mm come with new or old hardware ?
    I don't know the answer to your hardware question! But, what are your thoughts on the PRS10 that you purchased. Any bad bits that you don't like about it? I had plans to buy one yesterday but annoyingly just missed the purchasing window! Thanks

Thanks Eddie, just got my dispatched email, looking forward to the courier tomorrow...

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddiex View Post
    I don't know the answer to your hardware question! But, what are your thoughts on the PRS10 that you purchased. Any bad bits that you don't like about it? I had plans to buy one yesterday but annoyingly just missed the purchasing window! Thanks
    I will start with the bad bits first...

- the space between case and lugs is tight. certain NATOs weaves will get frayed on the sides when pulled through. NATOs thicker than 1.2mm won't fit through. The TF NATO that came with the PRS10 fits through but gets frayed each time it goes through the lugs. Sealing with a lighter doesn't really work as it gets frayed the next time it goes through the lugs. One reason I bought the PRS10 is because of the 20mm lugs. So far the CWC NATOs go through without any frays and so to the Haveston parade straps and Eulit perlons. Another option is to remove the spring bars everytime I change NATOs but that defeats the purpose of a NATO.

The good:

- The wrist presence. Despite it's size, PRS10 has some wrist presence. It never looks small on my 7" wrist.
    - Better than the CWC G10 sapphire. I own the Sapphire G10 and wore it often for a year before the PRS10...i like the G10 but found the large crown a bit off. The PRS10 looks much better and bigger than the G10 even though they are the same size on paper.

Hope you get your PRS10 on 31st May !

Craftsman
    8 minutes ? Wow, that must be a new record ?

How may orders was that in the 8 minutes ?

Apprentice

Hi!

First post here.

I was lucky to get in and order in time. I bought a PRS-25.

Do I need any tools to adjust the strap?

Thank you all in advance :)

Eddie says it was open for 5 minutes and took 148 orders before he pulled the plug.

Quote Originally Posted by 459GMB View Post
    8 minutes ? Wow, that must be a new record ?

How may orders was that in the 8 minutes ?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by jonno View Post
    I will start with the bad bits first...

- the space between case and lugs is tight. certain NATOs weaves will get frayed on the sides when pulled through. NATOs thicker than 1.2mm won't fit through. The TF NATO that came with the PRS10 fits through but gets frayed each time it goes through the lugs. Sealing with a lighter doesn't really work as it gets frayed the next time it goes through the lugs. One reason I bought the PRS10 is because of the 20mm lugs. So far the CWC NATOs go through without any frays and so to the Haveston parade straps and Eulit perlons. Another option is to remove the spring bars everytime I change NATOs but that defeats the purpose of a NATO.

The good:

- The wrist presence. Despite it's size, PRS10 has some wrist presence. It never looks small on my 7" wrist.
    - Better than the CWC G10 sapphire. I own the Sapphire G10 and wore it often for a year before the PRS10...i like the G10 but found the large crown a bit off. The PRS10 looks much better and bigger than the G10 even though they are the same size on paper.

Hope you get your PRS10 on 31st May !
    Thanks jonno - very helpful! I can live with the 'slimmer' NATO's that you describe, and as you've identified, some others do fit - I'm OK with that slight negative point. More importantly, for me, I'm pleased to hear that you have found that it has some wrist presence. I also have a 7" wrist I had a CWC G10 which I really liked but always thought it was a tad too small and the smaller width lugs made me want 20mm ones!
    I've put the 31st May in my diary!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by inspector gadget View Post
    Eddie says it was open for 5 minutes and took 148 orders before he pulled the plug.

Thanks ... an order every 2 seconds more or less !

Thanks jonno - very helpful! I can live with the 'slimmer' NATO's that you describe, and as you've identified, some others do fit - I'm OK with that slight negative point. More importantly, for me, I'm pleased to hear that you have found that it has some wrist presence. I also have a 7" wrist I had a CWC G10 which I really liked but always thought it was a tad too small and the smaller width lugs made me want 20mm ones!
    I bought a TF deployment with my PRS-10 and it was a tight fit. Then I remembered I had some 'curved spring bars' laying around, and they definitely helped the fitment.

Is there any thread or post explaining the ordering madness? If not, I think there should be a sticky with that.

I've been considering buying a Smiths and thought I could do that anytime, as long as it's 'in stock' in the online shop but from your extatic posts in this thread I gather I can't?

Journeyman
    Grey skies, a salty cool breeze, endless green fields, the sound of seagulls.
    Quote Originally Posted by rodia77 View Post
    Is there any thread or post explaining the ordering madness? If not, I think there should be a sticky with that.

I've been considering buying a Smiths and thought I could do that anytime, as long as it's 'in stock' in the online shop but from your extatic posts in this thread I gather I can't?
    The store "opens" every other Sunday at 14:00 London time. It then accepts as many orders as can be fulfilled in the next 14 days, and closes again for 2 weeks.
    In the last months demand seems to have increased considerably, and as a result the opening window keeps shrinking.

Apprentice
    The G10's lugs at 19mm make buying straps hard. Didn't like it when the bar showed when worn with a 18mm NATO. The 20mm lugs on the PRS10 really makes a difference in wrist presence. The PRS10 has made my G10 redundant haha.

Quote Originally Posted by sier View Post
    The store "opens" every other Sunday at 14:00 London time. It then accepts as many orders as can be fulfilled in the next 14 days, and closes again for 2 weeks.
    In the last months demand seems to have increased considerably, and as a result the opening window keeps shrinking.
    Thanks.
    I think an info note with the 'opening times' on the front page wouldn't hurt.
    And do you know the reason why people treat it as something normal perhaps?

Apprentice
    Eddie is doing all the order fulfillment himself, plus with his age and health there is only so much he can do.

I understand the frustration of having to wait but hopefully his demand will decrease now he has ran out of stock of the Everest model as that's the one everyone wants.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

OK, thanks for explaining.
    I'm neither a newcomer to the forum, nor completely unfamiliar with TimeFactors, and yet this info wasn't obvious to me -- just something rang a bell here and there.

And do you know the reason why people treat it as something normal perhaps?
    What's so abnormal about people respecting someone's wish to run a business as they choose? Why be so haughtily offended by things not being exactly as you want them?

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Tickeros View Post
    I bought a TF deployment with my PRS-10 and it was a tight fit. Then I remembered I had some 'curved spring bars' laying around, and they definitely helped the fitment.
    Well I'm new to this - and I didn't realise you get such a thing! Seems like a good solution - thanks for the top tip!

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    What's so abnormal about people respecting someone's wish to run a business as they choose? Why be so haughtily offended by things not being exactly as you want them?
    Didn't seem an unreasonable question, or unresonably asked, to me.

We all know Eddie is flat out, working alone and that times aren't normal, but it may not be obvious or understandable (without an explanation, which was asked for and received) to everyone.

At the moment, I'm dreading the day he releases the Caribbeans

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Quote Originally Posted by Der Amf View Post
    Sorry, you missed your window of opportunity -- I only reply to forum questions asked between 10:43 and 11:43 AM. (Which is not true, but you should now get an idea why I asked my questions).

Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    Didn't seem an unreasonable question, or unresonably asked, to me.

We all know Eddie is flat out, working alone and that times aren't normal, but it may not be obvious or understandable (without an explanation, which was asked for and received) to everyone.

At the moment, I'm dreading the day he releases the Caribbeans

M
    TBF, I now checked that when you actually click the Add to Cart button, a message with pretty much sufficient info is displayed, indeed:

Because of the large number of orders received on 17 May, ordering is now closed. Ordering will re-open on Sunday 31 May 2020 at 1400 hrs UK time.

So one more question for those who have managed to place an order -- when you're going through the process, is there a box/field where you can put special instructions? TIA.

So one more question for those who have managed to place an order -- when you're going through the process, is there a box/field where you can put special instructions? TIA.
    Yes.
    "Owning one is almost as satisfying as making one." ~ Rolex 1973

Apprentice

[Video] I got lucky last Sunday

I got lucky and got my order in last Sunday.
    3 fantastic watches arrived today.
    I couldn't be happier, they are all stunning
    Thanks to Eddie and all on the forum. I'm a long time lurker, but first time poster.

Video here:
    https://youtu.be/evbttzGqPTY

Any questions or comments welcome.

Cheers all

https://youtu.be/evbttzGqPTY
    Last edited by LeoR; 21st May 2020 at 19:59. Reason: wrong tags

What a triple!

Love the new boxes as well...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apprentice
    Wow someone has splurged, which one is your favourite so far?

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Liam View Post

That's a tough call.. they are all stunning.
    I love the Expedition's red seconds and rivet bracelet, it's definitely a keeper.
    But the Air Ministry was the reason for purchasing at all and it's just stunning.
    I'm hoping to pick up an Explorer when they're back in stock!!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoR View Post
    That's a tough call.. they are all stunning.
    I love the Expedition's red seconds and rivet bracelet, it's definitely a keeper.
    But the Air Ministry was the reason for purchasing at all and it's just stunning.
    I'm hoping to pick up an Explorer when they're back in stock!!
    The white Everest is worth a look as well.

Eddie has certainly been knocking it out of the park with his 36mm models !

Apprentice
    Quote Originally Posted by Liam View Post

Quote Originally Posted by TheGent View Post
    What a triple!

Love the new boxes as well...

Quote Originally Posted by 459GMB View Post
    The white Everest is worth a look as well.

Eddie has certainly been knocking it out of the park with his 36mm models !
    I know... Lol... Trust me, I've been looking!
    Just don't tell the boss!!

Craftsman
    A double but of the same watch to celebrate our 20 Years wedding anniversary, waiting for the borders to reopen to travel as we had to cancell

Craftsman
    A double but of the same watch to celebrate our 20 Years wedding anniversary, waiting for the borders to reopen to travel as we had to cancell

Now that is what I call an anniversary gift. Congrats on the 20 years.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by kneadking View Post
    Now that is what I call an anniversary gift. Congrats on the 20 years.
    Thanks

Craftsman

Superb ! Congratulations !

Master

Interestingly, the first thing I did on receiving mine was remove the bracelet and play with it on some other straps, but seeing your photo makes me think the bracelet is perhaps where it belongs.

Joyeux anniversaire!

awesome set. congrats!!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonH View Post
    Interestingly, the first thing I did on receiving mine was remove the bracelet and play with it on some other straps, but seeing your photo makes me think the bracelet is perhaps where it belongs.

Joyeux anniversaire!
    I had exactly the same idea but my wife wanted it on the bracelet so I sized both and decided to give it a chance. Now I don't want to put it off anymore, it is really confortable and suits the watch very well ( and I'm not a bracelet guy)
    Thank you.

It looks great on a bracelet - and on leather!

I was after an Aerotimer a couple of months ago but couldn't get "in". I've been after two straps since April. I have high hopes for next time. I'm practicing speed typing. :-)

Craftsman
    Sadly, mine has been stolen today in Brussels (pickpocket) so if you see an Everest Expedition ref 0920251 passing by...
    It was just the day of our wedding anniversary

Blog Entries
    Sadly, mine has been stolen today in Brussels (pickpocket) so if you see an Everest Expedition ref 0920251 passing by...

How sad. Sorry to hear that.

I am so sorry to hear that