closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Regret selling?

Master
    I think it is part of the fun! i sold my GMT master 2 (black bezel) that i bought new and sold a couple of years ago. I have been hunting a replacement since!

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmer42 View Post
    My Planet Ocean 2500......worst mistake ever and sold on here just over a year ago. I will need to break my own rule on never going back

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk
    I made the same mistake!

Master
    Basket case pre moon speedy with don for £450 seven years ago.

Issued Precista 82 auto, 81 chrono, 93 diver x2 and 88/9 divers. Its done and there were reasons but if only...

Master
    Expensive misses: Tag Carrera Gulf Edition, omega planet ocean professional
    Cheap misses: Seiko SKX007, seiko landmaster, Christopher ward blackhawk,Christopher ward dbr1, halios Laguna blue
    All casualties of divorce but hey onwards and upwards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Master
    I miss my last PRS-20C Californian.

Still seeking a replacement, or that one back!!! :0(

I only miss one.

Not bothered about the traditional Speedmaster, Explorer or any of the others.

However I do miss the 1977 Quartz LCD Speedmaster Professional 186.0004.

I knew when I sold it that it was highly unlikely I would ever get another but I was really short of cash.

I loved wearing it in a GGB NASA velcro strap and think about it often.

Quote Originally Posted by Nealywheelie View Post
    If I listed them all, you'd find me in a dark corner of the bedroom crying my eyes out.
    One I do really miss was my Jaeger Gran Sport Reverso, gobbled up for £1,800 on SC.
    Why, oh why.

Sent from my Nokia 3.1 using TZ-UK mobile app
    I've got one of those. Ridiculously cheap for what it is. Best bracelet ever as well. Probably not making you feel any better about it!

Master
    I regret part exchanging my lovely 2006 Rolex Air King for a JLC Gran Sport which I hated and lost a lot of money on 6 months later.

scooter

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Velorum View Post
    I only miss one.

Not bothered about the traditional Speedmaster, Explorer or any of the others.

However I do miss the 1977 Quartz LCD Speedmaster Professional 186.0004.

I knew when I sold it that it was highly unlikely I would ever get another but I was really short of cash.

I loved wearing it in a GGB NASA velcro strap and think about it often.

I'd managed to forget pain of loss of this .

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    I do have the distinction of being the only person in the world who lost money on a white dialled Ceramic Daytona
    I sometimes feel like the only person to have lost money on a blue dial Patek 5711.

When I see how much they’re worth now I regret not still having it, but I don’t miss the watch itself. It was a bit too thin and delicate for me.

For me only 1 and one it’s not well liked on the forum. An U Boat Classico 45mm, my first expensive watch and 30th birthday present whilst in NYC. Didn’t wear it much probably 2-3 times a month once I bought my Panerai & Tudor. (Was a daily for 3yrs). Sold last year to finance some home improvements. Only a couple £100 lost as well. Probably the one watch that got most compliments when worn. Did contact the buyer who was unhelpful as sold it on and very rude. Oh well.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

One that always springs to mind is my Rolex 6263. That was £790 brand new back in 1988.
    Last edited by j111dja; 19th May 2020 at 11:20.

I don't regret any watch sales but then I really think about it before I sell anything, saying that I have several that if I did sell I know I would kick myself forever and a day.

Once I sold a telescope that I instantly regretted, its a rare scope and kept by collectors, I think that experience has made me second guess every sale, I also thought about selling my E30 M3 when I moved home many years ago, I think the going rate then for a good one was around £6k Luckily I kept it..

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by scooter View Post
    I regret part exchanging my lovely 2006 Rolex Air King for a JLC Gran Sport which I hated and lost a lot of money on 6 months later.

scooter
    Was that the blue air king, gorgeous that was scooter and to this day I think one of the best watches Rolex ever made, it’s not one of the big hitters but it’s classy and a real looker

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grand Master
    Seiko 6159-7000, bought in beat up condition at a car boot,)£10. sold for what seemed a good price after I couldn’t get it fixed up locally. Now worth crazy money and I wish I’d had it properly restored.

Master
    Deeply regret selling my 1675 in August 2018.
    Also gnash my teeth over a Kermit, a black dialled Daytona and a couple of vanilla-lumed Speedy Pros. But without rotation I could not have owned them all.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Kicked myself a few times for selling a Timefactors PRS 10 that was bought in 2005. No photos taken of that watch but still have and use the broadarrow torch purchased around the same time.

Has to be my first 14060m & a superb full set 2254, has gone downhill ever since!

Probably more sentimental for me but my first Damasko DA47 black and a Kemmner Octopus. Those were some of the first watches I bought when I saw the light regarding watches.

Seiko SARG001 "white alpinist", probably the nicest watch I had. Beautiful white cream dial, 40mm, rare catch...impossible to find now, dont know what I was thinking...

Poslano sa mog FRD-L09 koriste?i Tapatalk

I stupidly sold a 16610 and a 216570 - those and my omega Planet Ocean 2500 were the biggest regrets

That said, I have a gmt 16700 and a newer titanium 8500 PO so don't feel too sorry for me

Sent from my SM-G977B using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    I sold a black dial Tag Heuer F1 on here years ago. Would love to get it back

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Iain73 View Post
    The only one I miss is my Omega Seamaster 2265.80. It was my first ‘good’ watch, I bought it new in 2002 (I think) and wore it daily for about 10 years. It never missed a beat.
    Exactly the same as me, got one when I was in my 20’s with money I had been given to me by my late grandfather, should never have sold it

Only real regret was selling a Seiko MM600 close to ten years ago, finally got around to replacing this year and still chuffed with it

Quote Originally Posted by martyloveswatches View Post
    Seiko SARG001 "white alpinist", probably the nicest watch I had. Beautiful white cream dial, 40mm, rare catch...impossible to find now, dont know what I was thinking...

Poslano sa mog FRD-L09 koriste?i Tapatalk
    Thought Ken was selling one on sc just now?

I miss my old SBDX001 Marinemaster.

I needed to raise funds for another watch and it was a choice between that or my Sinn UX, the UX stayed (though was sold later anyway) as I thought it to be the better watch from a technical POV. I should have kept the MM300 as it was that one that had the character I now value in a watch.

Journeyman
    I sold an Omega 2594 (the rarer chrono version of the 2254) about 3 years ago for not much money. I do miss that as it was a perfect watch, but trying to find one within budget and condition now is not easy!

Master
    My Sinn 857UTC. Should never have sold it.

I’m broken, broken I tell you. Now I’m too poor to buy one when they do eek out of the sales woodwork. I can’t go on, I’m finished. It’s all too much. Will I never be reconciled to my 857? Will God himself not allow me to be in black, white and ‘odd yellow’-dialled harmony?!

I fear not. 😢

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    I do have the distinction of being the only person in the world who lost money on a white dialled Ceramic Daytona
    Makes 2 of us.... sold it 6months before the prices doubled

Feeling a bit better to hear I wasn’t the only person!!

Thanks
    S

Sinn EZM1 is the watch I regret selling the most. I bought it pre owned had it for just over a year when the Lemania movement developed a fault. At the time in 2003 the only way to get it repaired properly was to send it to Sinn Germany.

I emailed them to get some info of the procedure to send it to them but never got any response even after resending the message. In the end I sold it to a work colleague who is German and regularly goes back home.

Quote Originally Posted by j111dja View Post
    One that always springs to mind is my Rolex 6263. That was £790 brand new back in 1988.
    You can see why this one springs to mind!

Craftsman
    Lusted after the Zenith Spindrift , tracked one down and then stupidly sold to raise funds for another chase.