timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Heads up; Bose SoundLink Mini Bluetooth Speaker Ii—Special Edition

Master
    Blog Entries

Heads up; Bose SoundLink Mini Bluetooth Speaker Ii—Special Edition

£92 Amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07YBN9XXG/

Don't think the price will last long and seems to be a good deal. Been looking for a decent portable speaker for the garden so had to bite on this.
    Last edited by sprite1275; 15th May 2020 at 21:23.

Master
    While it seems to be a good price note that this "special edition" doesn't come with the charging base & you can't buy one seperately.

Master
    We have a series 1&2 versions and can only state their small room filling sound , without distortion is commendable.

Steve.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Pointy View Post
    While it seems to be a good price note that this "special edition" doesn't come with the charging base & you can't buy one seperately.
    From memory I never really saw the point of the charging base when you can charge the unit with or without it?

ETA - cracking price and great speaker

Brilliant bit of kit. I put the base back in the box after a couple of uses and go without. Direct charging is just as easy.

Great price that and I wouldn't worry about the base either ... I very rarely use mine

Great heads-up, thanks, and should have one delivered tomorrow.

Master
    Blog Entries
    what is the advantage of the base?

reading the reviews it sounds great when working but can develop faults?
    Last edited by bwest76; 16th May 2020 at 10:51.

Maybe a stupid question, but what do you guys normally use this for? Listening to music from your phones or tablets (as better sound through the Bose speaker)? I don't have a Hifi in my lockdown home, and have been listening to music through my Mac with 3w £20 speakers, so this would undoubtedly be an improvement.

Master
    Blog Entries
    as an alternative I just bought this one,I have a lot of Anker electronics that work well.

It has better ratings (if they can be believed),also they suddenly offered me 20% off making it £24 I am not sure if you will get the same deal of course but it will show if so.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-Sound...54&sr=8-3&th=1

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    Maybe a stupid question, but what do you guys normally use this for? Listening to music from your phones or tablets (as better sound through the Bose speaker)? I don't have a Hifi in my lockdown home, and have been listening to music through my Mac with 3w £20 speakers, so this would undoubtedly be an improvement.
    This should sound a lot better but the main use of these are portability. If your only going to be using in your home I would imagine a powered speaker would be a better option.

I'm not sure what to do now as I ordered this because my old creative roar sound blaster speaker battery died. Although I can still use it in the kitchen plugged in I can't take it out in the garden any more. It's an awesome speaker with a lot spec.

Just had a quick look and Amazon have the pro version for £99 which also seems a great price.... Decisions decisions.

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bwest76 View Post
    as an alternative I just bought this one,I have a lot of Anker electronics that work well.

It has better ratings (if they can be believed),also they suddenly offered me 20% off making it £24 I am not sure if you will get the same deal of course but it will show if so.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-Sound...54&sr=8-3&th=1
    Was going to try the soundcore 2 which was £32 the other day

Anker is great value for money

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by jukeboxs View Post
    We use ours all over the house ( portability) and take it on holidays. The sound quality is superb. Clearly its not as room filling as a separates set up, bit like a small soundbar. The Bose has drivers on the front and back, as you position it against a solid wall the base really improves. Battery life is good , must be 4 hours plus, we have a dock and when the orange light comes on just pop it on charge.

My son uses one on a 50’ Catamaran as it easily beasts the onboard sound system. Highly recommended, since we bought the first unit our family have bought four including the mother in law who absolutely loves it.

We bought the kids the Bose revolve speakers for Xmas so that they can control their own music in their rooms or take it when we go to the cottage etc.

My impression is that there is very good bass drivers (has something to do with passive radiators not that I know what that means) in the Bose speakers and compared to many others that we have owned it really does fill the room with sounds.

I’d happily buy them again.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by higham5 View Post
    We use ours all over the house ( portability) and take it on holidays. The sound quality is superb. Clearly its not as room filling as a separates set up, bit like a small soundbar. The Bose has drivers on the front and back, as you position it against a solid wall the base really improves. Battery life is good , must be 4 hours plus, we have a dock and when the orange light comes on just pop it on charge.

My son uses one on a 50’ Catamaran as it easily beasts the onboard sound system. Highly recommended, since we bought the first unit our family have bought four including the mother in law who absolutely loves it.
    I use mine as a sound bar at times as the output from my TV is rubbish. It’s also really useful as a portable speaker, originally bought so my wife wouldn’t carry the bulky B&W AirPlay speaker to the bathroom. Sound quality on the Bose is excellent for the size, so I use it in the spare room when working too.

I’m tempted by one of these, but TBH can’t really justify it. Some people rubbish Bose stuff, but IME it’s good kit. I’m still using a set of Bose Mediamate speakers with my computer that I bought 16-17 years ago, they still sound good even today. Why bother changing?

Cheers,

Plug

Master
    Blog Entries

Heads up; Bose SoundLink Mini Bluetooth Speaker Ii—Special Edition

It isn’t the best travel speaker for outdoors etc, but sound quality is as good as you get for a small portable speaker. Bargain at that money.
    Last edited by Middo; 16th May 2020 at 17:13.

Master
    If anyone has one of the first two generations just get it updated with Bluetooth module from https://www.invebo.com/

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by g40steve View Post
    If anyone has one of the first two generations just get it updated with Bluetooth module from https://www.invebo.com/
    This isn't a docking station mate, the Soundlink Mini has bluetooth built in. I have the first gen one and it's still going strong. Sound is excellent, battery life is around 7hrs and very portable.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Toddy View Post
    This isn't a docking station mate, the Soundlink Mini has bluetooth built in. I have the first gen one and it's still going strong. Sound is excellent, battery life is around 7hrs and very portable.
    If you look at the link, you can update your SD1 to Bluetooth & the sound quality has yet to be beaten?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Did anyone get one of the light versions?

Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    Did anyone get one of the light versions?
    I got one of the silver special edition.
    My son already had one of the earlier models so I knew what to expect.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanford View Post
    It's like this then:

Master
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanford View Post
    Sound quality just the same?

Master
    Blog Entries
    Personally I sent mine back and bought an iroar Go. Only arrived today but after a little play it seems an awesome little speaker with lots of extra spec. I like having the option of playing songs off the micro SD card.

It's on sale direct from creative for £69.99 +delivery. https://uk.creative.com/p/speakers/c...ar-go#buy-menu

Master
    We have that Bose and the Anker one posted above.
    The Anker one is fantastic value for money, but the sound quality from the Bose is way better.

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Middo View Post
    Sound quality just the same?
    New one is marginally better, possibly just because it is newer :)

Master
    Blog Entries
    Thanks