closing tag is in template navbar
Time Factors Watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Haveston canvas straps - long term durability test

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by magirus View Post
    Sorry, I don't have one of those straps. The stated thickness of these straps on the Haveston website is 1.5mm, but my 5 20mm versions range between 1.69mm and 1.89mm, so an actual 1.5mm might well fit on. These differences may seem small, but changing from 1.8mm springbars to 1.5mm meant the 22mm versions will fit on my 40mm Everest without resorting to curved bars. The 20mm Bakelite-F version is the thinnest of this size, yet is also noticeably stiffer, no two are exactly alike. The measurements were taken using a Mitutoyo digital instrument so I'm confident they are accurate.
    Thanks - I'll give them I miss I think. I'm wearing my CWC Diver on a Zuludiver pull through strap which I prefer for comfort (compared to the double layer of strap that comes with wearing a NATO).

I might have a look at an Erika's or similar as you seem to be able to configure those so that you can avoid the 'double strap' situation under the head of the watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddiex View Post
    Thanks - I'll give them I miss I think. I'm wearing my CWC Diver on a Zuludiver pull through strap which I prefer for comfort (compared to the double layer of strap that comes with wearing a NATO).

I might have a look at an Erika's or similar as you seem to be able to configure those so that you can avoid the 'double strap' situation under the head of the watch.
    You can always remove the "extra bit" from a standard Nato to convert it to single pass through style.

Then, with a dab or two of glue and couple of stitches, the bit you removed can be made into a matching accessory for the combo. ;-)

It's also easy to further alter your now pass through style Nato to the Haveston sliding keeper style. I use two pairs of pliers, jaws taped to avoid marking the metal. Gripping the sides of the keeper second from the buckle, as far down as as you can, carefully pull and spread the join in the keeper, which is hidden in it's stitched sleeve. Just do a little at a time until you have spread it enough to be able to remove it. Close the gap and refit. You need to take care when removing the strap from the watch as it can slide off and be lost. If it moves when being worn press the ends of the join in, and this will tighten the gap. The whole process can be reversed, although this is a little more difficult.

Before and after.

Fastened.

Journeyman
    Good tip! I had read about cutting the extra piece off from the NATO strap but had not thought about making the second keeper into a sliding one. I'll give that a go on one of my old ones.