closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Haveston canvas straps - long term durability test

Threaded View

Haveston canvas straps - long term durability test

First, many thanks to Steve (stefaulkner) for responding to my WTB for a Haveston canvas strap, with this M-1944C. I've been looking at Haveston canvas for quite a while, but I've never found any info regarding their, durability , longevity and resistance to wear, being washed regularly etc etc, that would convince me to buy one (that's any canvas, not just Haveston). I actually prefer the lighter tan colour of the M-1918C, but the darker shade of this strap will show any fading and abrasion better. First impressions are that it has the usual high quality that you would expect from Haveston, precise cutting of the material and stitching. It's a little longer than my four nylon Havestons, but still a very good fit on my 7" wrist due to the sliding keeper. Good quality lightly brushed buckle, just the right size without being too bulky and overpowering the strap. It looks thinner than it's 1.5mm when compared to other Havestons and Eddie's Deluxe, but that's the braided/woven edge of those straps making them look a little thicker. Re thickness, I'd planned to switch the strap between my Voyager and 40mm Everest, but the stitching around the tang holes takes the thickness up to 1.92/1.94mm at these points and it takes a healthy pull to drag the strap through the gap on the Everest. I reckon the stitching here would wear out PDQ so it's only going on the Voyager for now, perhaps these thicker points will flatten with some wear. The material is softer than I imagined it would be, it folded around the bars of the Voyager beautifully, surprisingly more so than the nylon Havestons , and even more so than the TF. So that's it until gets it's first wash, then we'll know how quickly or otherwise it dries, probably after tomorrow's walk.

Last edited by magirus; 16th July 2020 at 21:21.
    F.T.F.A.