closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Nautic Ski Plexi Help

Grand Master
    Blog Entries

Nautic Ski Plexi Help

Just noticed that my Nautic has developed what looks like an internal crack on the inside of the plexiglass. Much sadness as I love it to bits and now it looks like its got a medallion man body hair stuck under the plexi :-(

Does anyone know if a generic replacement can be found or where best to send it for repair?

Quite a few French watch parts suppliers have OEM crystals for around 30 - 35 Euros. A crystal from a Mk 1 has the same diameter so will fit but is flatter and thinner. There are usually sellers on Ebay - but I had a quick look and it seems they have shut up shop during the lockdown.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Thats helpful as I didn't know if this plexi was specific to the mk2 so ill hunt for mk1 also as a fallback.
    Ill keep a search on for when the world starts up again.

Actually, I think I made a mistake - it's the Super Nautic Ski (Mk III) which has the fatter crystal, I'm pretty sure it's the same crystal for the Mk I and the Mk II.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Perfect! Thanks Simon

Master
    That is a lovely watch. What movement does it have inside?

My folks live out in France and I have primed them to be on the look out for any LIP they might find in Depot Ventes or the Brocantes. Unfortunately they aren't getting out much at the moment. Plus I suspect most bargains have been snapped up by now.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    It has a lip r184 movement.
    Theres some good info about it here - https://blog.noq2.net/lip-nautic-ski-with-lip-r184.html

Its actually one of my favourite and most worn watches although I've only had it a couple of months. I'm going to start looking for a grey dial one to match. Mine isnt in top notch condition but imo it's a bit of a charmer so I'll be fixing it asap. There are a lot of french sellers of them on Ebay, I've never seen one at a brocante and I used to love having my face in them for treasure :-)

Master
    Thank you Verv, I hadn't realised that Lip had developed their own electronic movements, I had incorrectly assumed that they had bought them in. Unfortunately it seems that another watch has been added to the list.

Thank you for the link to the blog too, I find these strip downs and rebuilds are very useful to have as I learn to try and not wreck my own watches.