closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: High value transit insurance cover - anybody used secursus?

High value transit insurance cover - anybody used secursus?

I was passed this website information today by a watch repairer as an alternative to using parcelpro now that they only cover RMSD up to $8k value. https://www.secursus.com/.

Ive done a quick scan of the site and need to do a bit more but as anybody already had experience with them?

Thanks Keith

I’ve used these a few times now for selling on here, very easy and I believe a few members use it also.

https://www.shipinforsure.com/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by huytonman View Post
    I was passed this website information today by a watch repairer as an alternative to using parcelpro now that they only cover RMSD up to $8k value. https://www.secursus.com/.

Ive done a quick scan of the site and need to do a bit more but as anybody already had experience with them?

Thanks Keith
    When did Parcel Pro limit their RMSD cover, Keith? Can you point me towards the info as I’ve still been using them up until VERY recently!

I have used secursus twice with no issue. That said I didn't have to make a claim as both items arrived as planned. Very straightforward to use and purchase the insurance.

Master
    The only acid test is to scrutinise their contract to check for get out clauses and conditions that they will impose on you.

Ease of use is pointless if they become awkward in the event of a claim being made.

Quote Originally Posted by Skier View Post
    I have used secursus twice with no issue. That said I didn't have to make a claim as both items arrived as planned. Very straightforward to use and purchase the insurance.
    There are some very specific requirements in terms of packing, photographs of the item being shipped and acceptance of delivery that suggest that straying even slightly from their Ts and CS would have serious consequences. There are also some limitations in respect of soft packaging and duration of cover that are worth noting.

Master
    Also you need to check for lovely little sentences such as "at the sole discretion of the insurer" etc. `If they use that they have you over a barrel.

This should be a sticky if all you have to do is pack properly then pay 0.6% of the Watch value for the correct level of insurance cover. When I think of all the risks that I have taken over the years...

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    This should be a sticky if all you have to do is pack properly then pay 0.6% of the Watch value for the correct level of insurance cover. When I think of all the risks that I have taken over the years...
    Nothing new, Ken - Parcel Pro is actually 0.25% of value and so far as I’m aware Infosure is similar.

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Nothing new, Ken - Parcel Pro is actually 0.25% of value and so far as I’m aware Infosure is similar.
    Wasn't Parcel Pro closed to private individuals a couple of years back. I know it still operates for businesses. We still get regular threads on how to send an expensive watch both in the U.K. and Overseas.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Wasn't Parcel Pro closed to private individuals a couple of years back. I know it still operates for businesses. We still get regular threads on how to send an expensive watch both in the U.K. and Overseas.
    Apparently so - I joined through my company so never faced that issue. I was just making the point that the concept isn’t new, and 6% isn’t cheap.

Master
    I have used them a few times and would do so again. It is ideal when posting in U.K. with a value above £2500, as RMSD is one of the couriers they recognise. I post the parcel and then cover it in Secursus. It is straightforward though—as Skier says—i have not made a claim. That is the acid test.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

I have also used them and their conditions are not that onerous as I pack well and take a few photos and video when shipping a watch I have sold. Just in case!

Usually use them in conjunction with a DHL tracked service but never had to claim and so can’t advise on that part of their service.

High value transit insurance cover - anybody used secursus?

Quote Originally Posted by NickRed71 View Post
    I have used them a few times and would do so again. It is ideal when posting in U.K. with a value above £2500, as RMSD is one of the couriers they recognise. I post the parcel and then cover it in Secursus. It is straightforward though—as Skier says—i have not made a claim. That is the acid test.

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app
    And again - I have used before. I also spent an age scrutinising their T&Cs beforehand and found nothing untoward.
    They do say you must comply exactly with their packing and photo requirements, must not state “watch” on the visible shipping manifest etc., but info is clear enough.

Do as they ask, I imagine all will be well.

Don’t recall who I shipped with. Parcelforce I think? Sent watches across the EU to some of our other members.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    When did Parcel Pro limit their RMSD cover, Keith? Can you point me towards the info as I’ve still been using them up until VERY recently!
    Also interested to hear, I was not aware of any changes. I have just checked my account and it still says $25,000 max in the dropdown for domestic deliveries with RMSD

Update on ParcelPro - Tony (Learningtofly) told me that he hadn't hit the $8k limit so I followed up with ParcelPro and it turned out to have been an error on their system relating to my account - this has now been fixed and the limit is now $25k for UK Royal Mail so worries over (I dont have anything that will breach that limit!)
    BTW I would add that every time I have contacted them for help they have been super responsive.

Keith

Hi Keith
    Thank you very much for the update, good news indeed!