closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: There seems to be a bit of a Blancpain love in going on at the minute...........

Master

There seems to be a bit of a Blancpain love in going on at the minute...........

So I thought for anyone interested it might be worth sharing this link. Lots of information, I especially liked the piece on the 40.3 v 45mm of the Fifty Fathoms, and, the Nageurs de Combat which I really would love to own.

https://blancpainblog.com

No affiliation blah blah blah, just a great site by Henrik
    Last edited by Nev; 13th May 2020 at 15:35.

+ 1 for his site. nice images and really interesting read.

months back he did a great article on the Air Command, really interesting read. Lovely watch but yet to see one in the flesh.

Master
    Thanks for the link- nice one

Master
    Interesting to see each size of ff side by side. I always found the 45mm to "wear" quite small, felt almost like a ceramic bezel 40mm Rolex to me. I am happy that I turned down the barakuda last year as it would have felt tiny to me. Gorgeous watch without a doubt, just too small.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Robsmck View Post
    Interesting to see each size of ff side by side. I always found the 45mm to "wear" quite small, felt almost like a ceramic bezel 40mm Rolex to me. I am happy that I turned down the barakuda last year as it would have felt tiny to me. Gorgeous watch without a doubt, just too small.

It's funny - even looking at his great comparison, I still cannot make my mind up whether the 40mm is woefully undersized or if the 45mm is super clumsy. For a dive watch I like a bit of size, so I'm currently of the opinion that the 40mm is a tad small for a dive watch. They look fab however...

It is a good site thanks for sharing.
    I did not know about the The Nageurs De Combat version, it’s a handsome watch, best of all the FF variants for me. The Milspec, No Rads, and Barakuda are not bad lookers either.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    It's funny - even looking at his great comparison, I still cannot make my mind up whether the 40mm is woefully undersized or if the 45mm is super clumsy. For a dive watch I like a bit of size, so I'm currently of the opinion that the 40mm is a tad small for a dive watch. They look fab however...
    As always, it really is a case of matching watch to wrist. Anyone with average wrists or less should really be going for the smaller models; the proportions (specifically, bezel to dial) are maintained as per the core models, and they really are things of beauty.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    As always, it really is a case of matching watch to wrist. Anyone with average wrists or less should really be going for the smaller models; the proportions (specifically, bezel to dial) are maintained as per the core models, and they really are things of beauty.
    I think Tony is bang on, I drooled over the Barakuda but absolutely knew that it would be too small for me, this is after having tried the 45mm which for me is about perfect. TBH it is hard to go wrong with any of the variants mentioned, I think they are all exceptional.

Are those your photos on that website Tony?

Quote Originally Posted by Chinnock View Post
    Are those your photos on that website Tony?
    If it looks like there's a power cut, then probably

If it looks like there's a power cut, then probably
    How many times did I tell to you to invest in proper lighting Tony, but you never listened!!
    Last edited by Chinnock; 14th May 2020 at 09:34. Reason: typo

Blog Entries

I love them, IMHO one of the very best finished watches out there - every visible detail

Long time lover of the fifty fathoms. They seem to be appearing in more dealers recently as well. Also agree with the sentiments above, 45mm seems a bit big but 40mm just a bit small for the face/case shape. 42mm would be just about right I think.

Master
    The script on the case side is a nice detail. Other opinions are available.