closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Longines upcoming Heritage scorchers!

Longines upcoming Heritage scorchers!

Really loving what Longines are doing with their heritage collection lately, they're on fire lately and I'd happily wear any of these, especially the top 2 which I'm pretty smitten with(that chrono would definitely be on my wish list but at around £2.5k out of my price range these days).

The Marine Militare I can certainly see on my future purchase list, love it!

The LLD too big for me but looks great in bronze and love the fact it's no date!

There is also a new blue dial variant for the Longines Avigation Big-Eye, I prefer the original black dial though.

All bar the LLD are 38.5(the 3 handers) - 40mm. Think they'll be releasing around September.
    Last edited by Tetlee; 13th May 2020 at 10:33.

Master
    The first one looks the business. A three hander and no date. Nice and simple.

Quote Originally Posted by seabiscuit View Post
    The first one looks the business. A three hander and no date. Nice and simple.
    Yeah that is the one for me, the hands and markers are lumed BTW with brown Super Luminova.

Even the case back is sexy.

Size is 38.5mm.

Last edited by Tetlee; 13th May 2020 at 11:16.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Tetlee View Post
    Yeah that is the one for me, it is lumed BTW with brown Super Luminova.

Even the case back is sexy.

Even more compelling now. Haven’t owned a Longines since I bought a VHP quartz back in the mid-1990s. That could well be my next one.

Ive long admired their Heritage Collection, they really do look great.
    Cheers..
    Jase

Craftsman
    Does anyone know when these are coming out and where can I get more info. Really love the first one with the heat blued hands.

Quote Originally Posted by kneadking View Post
    Does anyone know when these are coming out and where can I get more info. Really love the first one with the heat blued hands.
    According to a Polish website that one is due 1st Sep.

https://dolinski.pl/longines-heritag...l2.833.4.93.2/

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    I like the first one a lot, but think I would prefer it with solid blued hands.

Wow, that have an amazing back catalogue. A couple of these pieces really caught my eye plus their current sector dial - it’s even hard to get hold of!

Some lovely dials.

They even have drilled lugs. I think I am going to o have to get a Longines as my dress watch.

Longines upcoming Heritage scorchers!

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TAFKARM View Post
    Wow, that have an amazing back catalogue. A couple of these pieces really caught my eye plus their current sector dial - it’s even hard to get hold of!

Some lovely dials.
    I’ve seen their new Sector Dial and Skindiver reissue in quite a few places here.

I like all of those and always keep an eye on what Longines are doing. I don’t like how Swatch have positioned a brand with so much history, it wasn’t that long ago that Longines were seen as on a par with, or better than, Rolex. But they are still producing pieces with designs and finishing that are way above the level that Swatch pitches them at making them tremendous value for money.

Quote Originally Posted by Danstone View Post
    I like all of those and always keep an eye on what Longines are doing. I don’t like how Swatch have positioned a brand with so much history, it wasn’t that long ago that Longines were seen as on a par with, or better than, Rolex. But they are still producing pieces with designs and finishing that are way above the level that Swatch pitches them at making them tremendous value for money.
    I agree, but the last point is the real plus point for us the customer. They're incredible value for money.

Journeyman
    Some very nice additions to the range.

Looking at getting a dress watch atm and am very torn between the 1832 Moonphase, the Flagship Heritage or a white dial strap version from the Record collection..

Will have to wait until the shops open again to go in and try them out on the wrist.

Really loving what Longines are doing with their heritage collection lately, they're on fire lately and I'd happily wear any of these, especially the top 2 which I'm pretty smitten with(that chrono would definitely be on my wish list but at around £2.5k out of my price range these days).

The Marine Militare I can certainly see on my future purchase list, love it!

The LLD too big for me but looks great in bronze and love the fact it's no date!

There is also a new blue dial variant for the Longines Avigation Big-Eye, I prefer the original black dial though.

All bar the LLD are 38.5(the 3 handers) - 40mm. Think they'll be releasing around September.
    Do you have a link.

Quote Originally Posted by verv View Post
    I like the first one a lot, but think I would prefer it with solid blued hands.
    Maybe something like this?

https://www.timefactors.com/prs29new.htm
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

I love Longines as a brand and always saw them as a go to brand for quality and a reasonable price for what they are. I find these endless watches at 2K and above just becoming a bit pointless now and it does seem that Swatch are trying to position Longines in the gap left by Omega who are trying hopelessly to chase Rolex into the 5- 10K price bracket.

Lovely watches but even at the usual Longines 10 to 15% discount Hamilton and Union Glashutte seem to be offering a lot more value for money.

Quote Originally Posted by number2 View Post
    Maybe something like this?

https://www.timefactors.com/prs29new.htm
    Pretty cool, thanks for posting as I had not seem them before.

Longines really are heading in the right direction with these. Lovely classic size and style.

Master
    They even have drilled lugs. I think I am going to o have to get a Longines as my dress watch.
    Exactly. Hope Tudor is taking note!

Sent from my iPad using TZ-UK mobile app

I really like the first watch. In fact they are all rather nice

Master
    What an awesome set of releases! Brilliant sizing too, at 38.5mm - glad to see they've finally stopped making everything 41mm. I'll certainly be checking these out. Let's hope they keep the dial depth on the chrono nice and sensible - that's put me off a few of their current chronos.

Master
    The first one is a corker but it's a shame they haven't bothered to properly heat blue the hands (or at least it doesn't look like it).

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy67 View Post
    The first one is a corker but it's a shame they haven't bothered to properly heat blue the hands (or at least it doesn't look like it).
    I like it too. Not sure why you think they aren’t heated enough.

The first three are saucy!

I really like the chronograph.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

I like Longines and like the direction they have gone. I guess the collection is aimed squarely at the older gentleman market. Vintage can be cool, but a lot of those venture into the ‘old fashioned’ rather than vintage category for me. I don’t like the rather flat, plain dial on the first and I really feel like you’ve got to be drawing a pension to pull off the black flagship model.

A few years ago Longines were creating lovely heritage designs, every one of them ruined by the spurious addition of a date window which the original never had. They even put one on the COSD re-issue they created.
    Now, having done away with that, they have forgotten to specify any WR.
    That lovely Marine Nationale. the Avigation Big Eye, the Heritage Military, the Classic (3 hand and chrono) - EVERY single one has only 3 Bar WR.
    That's awful.
    These days most companies can offer 50m WR (enough to do almost everything) without even trying.
    Eddie offers 100m WR on the PRS29, a manual-winding watch with a non-screwdown crown.
    3 Bar or 30m is pathetic. Longines' own technical instruction suggest that a 3 Bar WR watch is not suitable for any of the following - showering, washing up, housework and bathing, swimming, snorkeling
    So it is no use for daily life, only good for dressing up. Which is fine if these were dress watches. They are not.
    Dave

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by RAJEN View Post
    I like it too. Not sure why you think they aren’t heated enough.
    They just look painted / dyed not heat blued.

Quote Originally Posted by sweets View Post
    Longines' own technical instruction suggest that a 3 Bar WR watch is not suitable for any of the following - housework and bathing, swimming, snorkeling
    So it is no use for daily life, only good for dressing up. Which is fine if these were dress watches. They are not.
    Dave
    Depth of water resistance has never crossed my mind on as a deal breaker on watches...as long as it can survive a stray droplet from a tap when I’m washing my hands I’m happy as I’d never really want to bath, swim or snorkel with a watch on. I’d still say the watches I wear are suitable for daily life though.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    Depth of water resistance has never crossed my mind on as a deal breaker on watches...as long as it can survive a stray droplet from a tap when I’m washing my hands I’m happy as I’d never really want to bath, swim or snorkel with a watch on. I’d still say the watches I wear are suitable for daily life though.
    Fair enough, my watches do get immersed relatively regularly, not just whilst swimming. As I said. Longines themselves assert that all these watches (bar the LLD) are unsuitable for me.
    That may not be true for your lifestyle, and that's fine.
    However, my main point remains, that 50m or 100m is technically neither difficult nore expensive to achieve, and downgrading these to a mere 30m and thus stating that they are unsuitable for showering, washing up or housework is lazy, and poor form. Longines is a brand that deserves to see better.

Craftsman
    I like them, but I wish the first couple had the logo on it, it looks too plain without it.

Was only thinking yesterday that they should release the LLD in a bronze case!

That first one is a cracker too.

French navy looks good but wish longines would put a manual wind back into the heritage range.30m is a bit disappointing as well.The brass diver looks epic - am I the only one who finds that the crowns feel cheap on this model which always put me off.

Sent from my SM-A505FN using TZ-UK mobile app
    Last edited by amcneill; 13th May 2020 at 20:59.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    . Vintage can be cool, but a lot of those venture into the ‘old fashioned’ rather than vintage category for me.
    You may have a point.

Master
    Marine Militare - didn't they do something similar 2 or 3 years ago - could have been 5 years ago - I thought that it was about £1,250/£1,500 at that time

The bullseye one is really very lovely indeed

Five years ago Longines was not on my radar because all of the watches they made had the date function and I don't buy watches with the date. In the last couple of years they have come around and started making some no date watches. I got my first Longines about a month ago. I bought it from an AD and got a 25% discount. I had never seen the watch in person and was unsure of the "aged" dial. On the wrist it is not something I notice at all. I was also a bit concerned I might not like the fit of the 38.5mm size. As it turns out the size is almost perfect and the watch wears quite a bit larger than my 38mm Hamilton. It is really a nice watch - a finely finished case, domed sapphire crystal, thermal blued hands and very accurate, it gains two seconds a day. I like the rather spartan dial and love the huge crown. Hand winding to start up the automatic is silky smooth and it has a 60+ hour power reserve. I did not notice at first that it is a "slow" beat watch, slower than 28800 but faster than a Unitas 6497. If you look closely I guess the sweep second movement compliments the vintage look of the watch. The two stock straps are nothing special and I am still searching for the perfect strap for it. My only real complaints are the 30 bar WR - not a big deal since I work in an office - and the 19mm lug width. I've been shoving 20mm straps in with no issue so that's not a deal breaker. Overall I am pretty pleased with the watch, enough so that I might be tempted by the second one (the tuxedo or bullseye dial) in the OP. I really like the first watch as well but it is awfully similar to the one I already have.

First one does nothing for me at all. The tuxedo dial and chrono are both great lookers for my personal taste. Longines doing a lot of good things and I don’t think there is a company with a larger back catalogue to raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post

Unfortunately it looks modular.

I cannot find anything on the net about these at all.

Always a brand I've liked, have a far few vintage examples. Might be time to add some modern Longines to the collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil.C View Post

Quote Originally Posted by abraxas View Post
    I must admit that crossed my mind too.

Pity.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

I cannot find anything on the net about these at all.
    Yeah,same here.Bit strange that it's the one site and 24 hours later still nothing from hodinkee etc..?

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

The vintage cream faced ones do nothing for me at all. Too plain, looks like they’ve just printed a dial on cream paper from a laserjet printer and stuck it in there.

I really like Longines as a brand. They’ve always stood for quality and ‘gentlemanly’ style to me. Admittedly a little old fashioned in some people’s eyes but not mine.

Still, I don’t own a single one! I nearly bought a Heritage 1973 panda chrono a few months ago and I might still if the right one comes up for sale. That 30m WR is a thing though. I’m never likely to want to shower in a watch but having just a bit more, 100m say, would give a little more confidence that day-to-day life wouldn’t kill the watch.

Still, some nice looking watches in the pipeline.

The sei tacche could be a very interesting proposition. It depends on the dial (if it's not too 2D), the date mechanism (if it's properly removed), and the thickness. As for the price, the Polish site says something equivalent to 1600 pounds, so decent enough.

Used to have an Expeditions Polaires. Lovely watch, but couldn't stand the fact that it had a date.

Quote Originally Posted by abraxas View Post
    Doesn't look that way to me, is an ETA A31.L21.

View from the back...

Doesn't look that way to me, is an ETA A31.L21.

View from the back...

The ETA A31.L21 has been used before in other Longines heritage releases:

"The ETA A31.L21, in turn, is actually the widely used modular chronograph made up of an ETA 2892 with a Dubois-Depraz chronograph module on top"*

https://watchesbysjx.com/2020/01/lon...46-review.html

Sent from my JSN-L21 using Tapatalk

These watches have turned up on some Polish site I believe, I still cannot see anything on the web though.