closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Hunting for some Seiko bracelet collets...grateful for any steers please.

Hunting for some Seiko bracelet collets...grateful for any steers please.

I'm hoping to pick a wiser brain than mine (not hard) about where to find some bits.
    I risked the Bay to buy myself one of the Seiko White Mountaineering Giugiaro Design (SCED065) reissues. As per the pic below. They were limited to 700 JDM pieces only. Good news, I got a minter for £240 from a bloke in the UK who'd bought it in Japan. Bad news, the bracelet is so tiny it won't even go over my knuckles...even my 12 year old can't get it on.
    There's enough spare links with it to solve that problem...except for the fact there's only two collets and I need at least six.
    Bit heart-breaking to have new watch day when you can't get the new watch on. Have had a hunt about but not finding anywhere obvious to look. I'll try Seiko UK service but not sure if they'll be able to help. Just wondered if anyone was either sat on a stash of them they'd like to turn in to beer tokens, or knew where to go?
    Really grateful for any advice.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by FrontierGibberish; 10th May 2020 at 19:17.

Master
    Could you use the split pin type pins?
    So you have the pins but not the collets?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by FrontierGibberish View Post
    I'm hoping to pick a wiser brain than mine (not hard) about where to find some bits.
    I risked the Bay to buy myself one of the Seiko White Mountaineering Giugiaro Design (SCED065) reissues. As per the pic below. They were limited to 700 JDM pieces only. Good news, I got a minter for £240 from a bloke in the UK who'd bought it in Japan. Bad news, the bracelet is so tiny it won't even go over my knuckles...even my 12 year old can't get it on.
    There's enough spare links with it to solve that problem...except for the fact there's only two collets and I need at least six.
    Bit heart-breaking to have new watch day when you can't get the new watch on. Have had a hunt about but not finding anywhere obvious to look. I'll try Seiko UK service but not sure if they'll be able to help. Just wondered if anyone was either sat on a stash of them they'd like to turn in to beer tokens, or knew where to go?
    Really grateful for any advice.
    I think Seiko U.K. should be able to help you or possibly Cousins

Quote Originally Posted by lewie View Post
    Could you use the split pin type pins?
    So you have the pins but not the collets?
    Yes, the pins essentially come in two parts - the pin and the collet. Got enough pins but nowhere near enough collets.

Quote Originally Posted by klunk View Post
    I think Seiko U.K. should be able to help you or possibly Cousins
    Cheers Klunk. I plan to try Seiko tomorrow, if I can get hold of someone. Saw Cousins today and will try them too.

Master
    Are we talking collars here, is collets a auto correct or is that what they’re called? I dunno

Anyway I once emailed Seiko UK for some MM300 collars and they posted some out free of charge. Well worth a nice email to them.

I've always thought the little half pins were called collets Oiljam, but may be entirely wrong!

Grand Master
    If you could describe the part you need ( dimensions etc) it may be possible to suggest generic alternatives. I keep a stock of generic pics and tubes for fixing bracelets and if I knew exactly what you needed I may be able to help.

If you can measure what you’re calling collets that would help, are they actually tubes? Digital caliper is your friend for this job.

Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    If you could describe the part you need ( dimensions etc) it may be possible to suggest generic alternatives. I keep a stock of generic pics and tubes for fixing bracelets and if I knew exactly what you needed I may be able to help.

If you can measure what you’re calling collets that would help, are they actually tubes? Digital caliper is your friend for this job.
    Thanks - much appreciated. I'll see if I can nick a digi caliper from a chum in the village tomorrow...

Got these from cousins some time back

Thanks all - hopefully this helps (courtesy of my friend Mark, who presently has the bracelet)...
    Attached Images Attached Images

I’ve had the same problem,I bought a mixed box from cousins like above ,was about £8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mk1974 View Post
    I’ve had the same problem,I bought a mixed box from cousins like above ,was about £8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks. I am presently on day two of battling with the Cousins automated ordering process!

Thanks. I am presently on day two of battling with the Cousins automated ordering process!
    Ah, Cousins have come back with "Please contact your local trade professional and seek their assistance".
    Which I think means "F*** off."
    Let's see what Seiko say....

Ah, Cousins have come back with "Please contact your local trade professional and seek their assistance".
    And Seiko being the brilliant company they are, I've just had a lovely email basically saying sure, no probs, we'll post 'em to you when the offices re-open and we can get to them. No charge.
    There's a reason why they're my favourite watchmaker. :-)

To buy from cousins you need to set up a trade account, it’s easy, just do it as you would normally but call your self joe bloggs repairs or the like.
    I have to say it’s all easily done and fairly quickly delivered, just make sure you order the right stuff cos I don’t believe you can return anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Neilw3030 View Post
    To buy from cousins you need to set up a trade account, it’s easy, just do it as you would normally but call your self joe bloggs repairs or the like.
    I have to say it’s all easily done and fairly quickly delivered, just make sure you order the right stuff cos I don’t believe you can return anything.
    I did, but it became very clear very quickly they weren't interested in lots of effort for a few bits, perhaps understandably. Luckily Seiko don't have such issues.

They are not in one end of the link are they, have you checked, seem strange that the pins are there but all the spare collars are missing.

Grand Master
    I did, but it became very clear very quickly they weren't interested in lots of effort for a few bits, perhaps understandably. Luckily Seiko don't have such issues.
    Cousins are a trade wholesaler, they’re business model is based on selling to trade professionals who kniw what they’re trying to buy. I can understand the frustration that causes, but that’s how they work. Without a case reference for the watch in question you can’t search for what you want, and they don’t take phone enquiries.

If Seiko are happy to help that’s your best bet. Looking at the dimensions posted it may be possible to sort out generic parts, but the 13mm length quoted looked unlikely. For a repairer it’s far easier to have the parts in your hand and try to work out what will fit.

It’s 3.0mm length isn’t it?

Grand Master
    Quote Originally Posted by IAmATeaf View Post
    It’s 3.0mm length isn’t it?
    Sounds more like it.

Quote Originally Posted by IAmATeaf View Post
    They are not in one end of the link are they, have you checked, seem strange that the pins are there but all the spare collars are missing.
    A good Q, but no. Would have been delighted if they were!