closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Hate to ask but.......kitchen lighters

Grand Master
    Blog Entries

Hate to ask but.......kitchen lighters

After my clipper kitchen lighter has packed up after a month of use, and the last three have also been crap, does anyone know of a decent make that will last a decent while (years), each time the bloody electrics bugger up and I am getting fed up buying them.

We've got the earlier model of this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tecboss-Fir...9&sr=8-10&th=1

still going strong after 3 years use at home, on the boat and travelling.

R
    Ignorance breeds Fear. Fear breeds Hatred. Hatred breeds Ignorance. Break the chain.

Quote Originally Posted by ralphy View Post
    We've got the earlier model of this: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tecboss-Fir...9&sr=8-10&th=1

still going strong after 3 years use at home, on the boat and travelling.

R
    I do not have that brand but have the same device - works brilliantly and I'd never go back to an actual flame.

We bought a Cricket hob lighter in a French supermarket about 8 years ago. I fill it once a year, if that, and it's always just worked.

It seems that Tesco and Sainsbury's has them, but all the reviews are rubbish, which hasn't been my experience:

https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-G...D540%26w%3D540

https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/gol-ui/...cket-firepower

Blog Entries
    Got a Home Bargains near you ? 99pence refillable
    I FEEL LIKE I'M DIAGONALLY PARKED IN A PARALLEL UNIVERSE

Swan Vestas?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by SimonK View Post
    Swan Vestas?
    Are they still available?

Quote Originally Posted by Pitfitter View Post
    Are they still available?
    Haven't seen them for years. Google say not. There may be Swan branded matches, but they're not the ones we know.

[A spokesperson for Republic Technologies (UK) Ltd, said:

“Republic Technologies is removing all Strike Anywhere matches in its range due to changes in EU regulations. This includes products available under Swan Vestas and Cook’s Matches brands, which will switch to Safety Matches.

“We decided to proactively make this move ahead of new EU regulations, which will result in the chemicals required to produce Strike Anywhere Matches no longer being available after 31st May 2018.

“Our consumers remain our first priority: we strive to always supply high quality products and have taken a number of factors into account including environmental impact, customer feedback, safety and ongoing production costs when making this decision.

“Research has shown that Safety Matches remain the best selling format for consumers looking for a reliable, high-performance match at a great price point.”

Click this banner to visit Republic Technologies website.

Home

About

Products
    New Filters
    Filters
    Papers
    Matches
    Lighters
    Smoking Accessories

Our Policies
    Privacy Policy
    Anti-Slavery Policy
    Business Code of Conduct

Contact
    © Swan 2020
    HOME
    ABOUT
    PRODUCTS
    CONTACT
    OUR POLICIES
    ]

Makes me a little sad.

Apprentice

If you want a spark for the gas ring, I use one of these. Never needs refilling and fun to use.

Master
    Blog Entries
    That's sad to know.
    What will future generations of teenage boys use to make homemade magnesium hand grenades with?

Quote Originally Posted by hogthrob View Post
    Haven't seen them for years.

Google say not. There may be Swan branded matches, but they're not the ones we know.

[A spokesperson for Republic Technologies (UK) Ltd, said:

“Republic Technologies is removing all Strike Anywhere matches in its range due to changes in EU regulations. This includes products available under Swan Vestas and Cook’s Matches brands, which will switch to Safety Matches.

“We decided to proactively make this move ahead of new EU regulations, which will result in the chemicals required to produce Strike Anywhere Matches no longer being available after 31st May 2018.

“Our consumers remain our first priority: we strive to always supply high quality products and have taken a number of factors into account including environmental impact, customer feedback, safety and ongoing production costs when making this decision.

“Research has shown that Safety Matches remain the best selling format for consumers looking for a reliable, high-performance match at a great price point.”

Click this banner to visit Republic Technologies website.

Home

About

Products
    New Filters
    Filters
    Papers
    Matches
    Lighters
    Smoking Accessories

Our Policies
    Privacy Policy
    Anti-Slavery Policy
    Business Code of Conduct

Contact
    © Swan 2020
    HOME
    ABOUT
    PRODUCTS
    CONTACT
    OUR POLICIES
    ]

Makes me a little sad.

Journeyman
    A hundred years ago me and Mrs D were proper skint. Hand to mouth, literally.
    Anyway, the ignition on our gas hob had broken some months before and we'd been using the aforementioned Swan Vestas to light it.
    I bought her one of these clicky ignitors for Christmas, amongst some other toot that i got from the pound shop. She wasn't impressed.

Craftsman
    Poundland do a good one that does the 'turbo' flame (no idea if they still have it as they cycle suppliers). I use it daily for the season for the woodburner and it never fails to light first time.

Grand Master
    Blog Entries
    Well, I have gone with ralphy' recommendation, rationale is that I pop past his place quite often and know he has a decent sized letterbox in case the lighter is crap.