closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Heads up - cheap Bluetooth GShock

Master

Heads up - cheap Bluetooth GShock

Could be good as a beater / holiday watch ?

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/7186...%20shock:1:9:1

Bluetooth function is a little limited but the rest is standard square GShock :)

Blog Entries
    Thanks.

I also see it is at the same price (albeit with delayed delivery) at Amazon for Prime members.

Apprentice
    Great bargain. Thanks for the heads up. Just ordered one

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

I've been itching to try another square for some time, that's all the encouragement I needed... I've been looking though the tiktox website conjuring up different mod options and have just ordered this one via Amazon Prime, I can wait the week or two for delivery.

Master
    Am collecting mine today 😀

Craftsman
    Can you fit the resin bracelet to this?

Master
    I’m ordering a metal kit from Ali express - will prob get the full black - prob cheaper than the resin one although the og bracelet really is good

Great module on this. I have the titanium version and the standard positive display version (the one with the yellow tint). The full metal versions have a subdued alarm but a nice surprise on the standard resin versions has been the loud alarm - louder than my DW5600E surprisingly and way louder than the 5610. I have used it all week and it has not failed to wake me up once. Maybe I have got lucky but it is impressive for a solar watch.

This benefit along with with the 4s backlight and UK date format are real improvements. I’ve read that the solar charging system has been upgraded so maybe this explains the more powerful alarm on the resin versions.

Craftsman
    Bought the exact model a couple of weeks ago when it was on sale at H Samuel for around the same price.

Does the job. What I really wanted was a GW-B5600HR-1ER with the red bracelet but hard to justify when you can get this for a third of the price.

I just picked one up from Argos yesterday. What a bargain and a no brainer. Makes a nice addition to the Gold Gshock I bought 2 weeks ago.

Master
    It’s just that blue / turquoise putting me off here. Want to create another metal G to use my camo strap on, as my full metal has been cerakoted & can’t be bothered changing back & forth

Craftsman
    At that price you can't go wrong..thanks for the heads up

Craftsman
    Cheers. One bought.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Master
    Are they slightly bigger than the standard 5600/5610? Wider lug to lug I think.

Yes - lug to lug is longer - about the same as the Dw5600 - longer than the 5610. Sits fine on my 6.75 inch wrist with the composite bracelet.

Craftsman
    I've recently started to like the square G-Shock and at this price I might buy it :)

Thanks-Hard to resist at that price, I’m going to read up on them now

Master
    Are these the Multiband time signal types? It doesn't mention it on the Argos blurb, or on the dial, but isn't that what the RCVD is for?

Yes - it has Multiband 6 as well as Bluetooth. It always tries for Bluetooth first if you have it paired with your phone and if that is unsuccessful if will try for the Multiband receiver after a period of time. If you do not pair with your phone then it will solely look for Multiband.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by rushroon View Post
    Yes - it has Multiband 6 as well as Bluetooth. It always tries for Bluetooth first if you have it paired with your phone and if that is unsuccessful if will try for the Multiband receiver after a period of time. If you do not pair with your phone then it will solely look for Multiband.
    Thank you. That's very helpful. I have a 5610 that I swapped the bezel and strap for yellow, so maybe one of these with a metal case might be a project.

Arrived today

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

Never have any G..but this really catches my eyes

with it functionalities (...Function-wise, these models are designed for outstanding timekeeping accuracy using Bluetooth® data communication and Multi Band 6, which supports automatic time setting adjustment based on one of six time calibration signals around the globe. Time information also can be acquired from an internet time server using the G-SHOCK Connected*1 app running on a smartphone.) and price.

Master
    Steel bracelet arrived today - cost was just under £45 delivered and no customs fees - fit and finish seem good so not a bad little project for the money :) just a whisker under £100 total

Used original springbars as I couldn’t get the supplied to sit nicely . The links are all springbars and dead easy to adjust

Blog Entries
    ^^^ Really nice. Which vendor did you buy from?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rushroon View Post
    Does that in some way explain why the two squares in the picture on page 1 are a second apart? Never seen that before with two MB6 watches side by side.
    Last edited by BSB; 25th May 2020 at 08:03.

Quote Originally Posted by markrlondon View Post
    ^^^ Really nice. Which vendor did you buy from?
    I have the same question as I like the look of that.

Master
    It’s from Ali express MFG is the seller , link below . This module takes the 5600 size
    https://a.aliexpress.com/_dYY4G85

Took 10 days to arrive

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by back to the top View Post
    It’s from Ali express MFG is the seller , link below . This module takes the 5600 size

Took 10 days to arrive
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by back to the top View Post

Took 10 days to arrive
    If you look around some sellers offer a blue metal set. That would look quite amazing with this watch.

Last edited by Man of Kent; 26th May 2020 at 06:14.