closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Two watch collection, too similar???

Two watch collection, too similar???

So with my recent purchase I’m back to a two watch collection.

Omega Seamaster 2254.50

Tudor BB58

But.....
    Question is, are they too similar???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No. One has gold trim, the other silver or steel. Ones a three hander and the other has a date and the hands are obviously very different.

You have good taste :)

No I would say they are completely different.

If you like them both enough to keep, they aren’t too similar.

Yes and no, they're different enough but personally if I was to drop down to a two watch collection I wouldn't go for two dive watches. The 2254 paired with something like a Speedy for me would be a near perfect two watch collection.

But then if you like wearing dive watches all the time then why not?

Two lovely desirable watches; spot-on for me, and different enough to favour one for some occasions, the other for, er, others.

I'd miss a G Shock and a dress watch, but that's about it. Lovely watches, both of them!

Quote Originally Posted by Tetlee View Post
    Yes and no, they're different enough but personally if I was to drop down to a two watch collection I wouldn't go for two dive watches. The 2254 paired with something like a Speedy for me would be a near perfect two watch collection.

But then if you like wearing dive watches all the time then why not?
    This comment echos my thoughts entirely! Though I'd be wary with two black faced dials.

Craftsman
    They're similar but different :)

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Master
    For me, yes.

I'd want some variety somewhere among size, style, colour, function, etc.

Great watches both of them - I do love the BB!

True what has been said two dive watches maybe but too much but hey if you like them then all good!

Plus one is solve the other gold so good to swap with styles and look

Thanks
    S

I’d say easily different enough to have both

Both very nice watches and enough differences not to be too similar for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Murdoc View Post
    If you like them both enough to keep, they aren’t too similar.
    This.

I have 9 Seiko divers. Friends keep telling me “oh another Seiko diver”. Should I buy something else because of that? No, I like seiko divers. It’s what you think that matters, period.

This is a hobby where some people buy two of every watch they own; one to wear and one to admire. If you like both stick with it. I think they're different enough.

Master
    Not similar at all...both nice too

Journeyman
    You can’t have too much of a good thing!

Craftsman
    Nah, you're fine. Sure, there are a few ares that you haven't "covered" with just those two, but that will be true regardless of you owning 1 or 100 watches. How do you feel about it yourself, is there something you use to wear or do that you feel that those two watches aren't cut out for?

Definitely room for those two in any collection, including a two watch collection. Two of my favourite watches.

I agree - not too similar at all

A great pair

Master
    Blog Entries
    I think they are acceptably different, but you don't cover all the bases so there is room for expansion too :)

Journeyman
    damn i want a tudor bad!!

[QUOTE=Martylaa;5409143]So with my recent purchase I’m back to a two watch collection.

Omega Seamaster 2254.50

Tudor BB58

But.....
    Question is, are they too similar???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QU
    i've owned both and there great watches but for me the best two watch combo is the explorer 1 and 2 which i'm lucky to own both

It must just be me, I'm just feeling the 2254 is too similar, wondering about getting a Sinn 104 St Sa Abe or a Tudor GMT instead and keep the BB58???

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Martylaa View Post
    It must just be me, I'm just feeling the 2254 is too similar, wondering about getting a Sinn 104 St Sa Abe or a Tudor GMT instead and keep the BB58???
    Why not keep the Seamaster and trade the Tudor for a Speedmaster on leather?

Two watch collection, too similar???

Out of the two I prefer the Tudor BB58, for me it’s the perfect watch, Tudor really did nail it with that hence thinking about moving the 2254 on as, well I don’t know really I’m just not feeling it???

I really do like those new Sinn’s the blue is striking and I did like the Tudor GMT, I’ve had two Speedmaster’s and they are superb but they have been moved on...

Out of the two I prefer the Tudor BB58, for me it’s the perfect watch, Tudor really did nail it with that hence thinking about moving the 2254 on as, well I don’t know really I’m just not feeling it???

I really do like those new Sinn’s the blue is striking and I did like the Tudor GMT, I’ve had two Speedmaster’s and they are superb but they have been moved on...

If you are not feeling the love for the 2254 then maybe time to call it a day. Out of those listed little point in buying another Speedmaster and the GMT is another Tudor and would be too similar. The Blue dial LE Sinn is stunning and would give you a great contrast having Black and Blue dialled watches.

Journeyman

The Sinn is a great looking watch, and blue dials are my preference normally. Do you need a GMT function?

Perfect pair - if you like steel watches with a sporty theme then they are very different within that genre. No point having one of those and a slim dress watch if that is something you just don’t like.

It’s a bit like music. You like soul so you can have a lot of different soul music and performers, doesn’t mean you have to have a jazz record in your collection

I have this morning swapped my SDc after 4 weeks wear to my GMTc. Ask my wife and kids and they will think I’ve got the same watch on. But we all know there are lots of differences.

Enjoy those 2 - never had that Omega but one day will surely have it in the collection

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Master
    Too similar for me for a two watch collection. I have a Submariner and a SMP300 Pro and if I’m going to wear a dive watch I prefer to wear the Omega 90% of the time. The Submariner spends the majority of its life in my watch box.

Additionally I have a Seamaster 120m which gets, by far, the most wrist time of them all.

I would keep the 2254 and trade the Tudor for what I call an everyday watch, say an Aqua Terra or something similar which goes with anything. (Personally, I wouldn’t dream of wearing a dive watch for formal occasions but every one has different tastes).
    Last edited by JeremyO; 10th May 2020 at 10:54.

Totally depends on you (OP). Some people have a dozen very similar watches because that's what they like and collect only those. Others like multitude of styles to 'cover the bases'.

No-one else can really decide!

Not looking to start a fight, but how is two of something a 'collection'?

I have Hunky Dory and Space Oddity LPs - should I go on an audiophile forum and talk about my David Bowie collection? And what about my two pairs of ASICS Mexico 66, will they be the basis to join a discussion of my collection on a Facebook trainers group? Two wristwatches is simply ownership of two wristwatches, or a pair of watches if they are as practically indistinguishable as the two in the OP of this thread.

Journeyman
    you'll know the answer after six months, looking back on whether you wore both or mostly just one. then you'll also know which one to get rid of (if either)

I'd try the 2254.50 on OEM rubber before you think about moving it on. Really changes the look & feel!

It does not matter what we think. It matters what you think.

Also remember some people collect things like issued watches that all look almost identical.

Grand Master
    I have the 2254,a superb watch,had a few Tudors but not the 58.

Very different watches.

I’d say no.
    Andy

Wanted - Damasko DC57

Craftsman
    I think the more we learn about a subject (watches, music, cars, motorbikes... trainers etc) the more we appreciate the subtle differences between examples. Given the huge variety in the world of watches those two examples look broadly similar and share a lot of features, but for a watch enthusiast they are also very different. I guess it just depends how much of a change you might feel like after wearing one of them for a few days or weeks.

My watches are lower in value but I have 6 or 7 that include a bit more variety. If I only had 2 then personally yes, I'd probably find those examples a bit too similar.

Craftsman
    This is your 2 watch collection, and all that really matters is what you like, and if these are what you like then its the best 2 watch collection, for you.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by boywithabubblegun View Post
    I think the more we learn about a subject (watches, music, cars, motorbikes... trainers etc) the more we appreciate the subtle differences between examples.
    definitely true, thought it reminds me of this video

Two lovely watches, Marty. Yes, there's a theme, but the differences are substantial enough that as a pair they work very well.

Appreciate all the comments and it just proves not all have the same taste, try as I might I just can’t get away with the 2254 so it’s been moved on to someone on here who was after one...

Think I’ve got the buying and selling bug again...

Last edited by Martylaa; 12th May 2020 at 20:25.

Craftsman
    Very different, 2 perfect watches and I would love to add the Tudor to my collection one day. Enjoy 👍