closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Parkers UK and Chrono24...exact same watch..!..!..!

Master

Parkers UK and Chrono24...exact same watch..!..!..!

Or at least exact same pictures.

seamaster-18k-gold-vintage-automatic--id14451042.htm

Even mentions free shipping to the UK.

https://parkersjewellers.co.uk/shop/...age-automatic/

It's been a while......but this struck me a little odd, perhaps there is an explanation.

I have asked Parkers, who I know have a good reputation and have been around since the dead-sea went sick.

I'll come back.

Dave

Parkers have listed it on Chrono24, what’s wrong with that?

Craftsman
    The watch on chrono24 is advertised by Parkers. Chrono24 is just like ebay for watches.

Grand Master
    Parkers obviously advertise on Chrono24?

Much as I love old Omegas this one doesn't hit the spot for me. The dial's refinished, the case looks overpolished, the price is high to say the least. The case appears to have lost all sharpness, I have a similar model that's been slightly over polished in the past but nothing like this one.

The trick with polishing is to get the marks/damage out whilst still retaining the edges and profile, that can`t be achieved by holding the case against a buffing wheel.

Definitely one to avoid IMO.

Master
    Email from ParkersHi David,
    That's our seller page on Chrono24. We sell on eBay, Chrono24 and our own site. Chrono24 is a conglomeration of sellers, not one specific company.
    We go in-store on Tuesday mornings to post all our sales out, so you should receive by Wednesday or Thursday if you decided to go ahead.
    Kind regards
    Parkers

Quote Originally Posted by Dave in Wales View Post
    Or at least exact same pictures.

seamaster-18k-gold-vintage-automatic--id14451042.htm

Even mentions free shipping to the UK.

https://parkersjewellers.co.uk/shop/...age-automatic/

It's been a while......but this struck me a little odd, perhaps there is an explanation.

I have asked Parkers, who I know have a good reputation and have been around since the dead-sea went sick.

I'll come back.

Dave
    not sure what you was expecting plenty dealers list on chrono 24 too

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

Mystery solved.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

In fairness, there was never any indecipherable mystery, you click on the dealer details in Chrono24 and it displays the seller as Parkers.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by walkerwek1958 View Post
    Parkers obviously advertise on Chrono24?

Much as I love old Omegas this one doesn't hit the spot for me. The dial's refinished, the case looks overpolished, the price is high to say the least. The case appears to have lost all sharpness, I have a similar model that's been slightly over polished in the past but nothing like this one.

The trick with polishing is to get the marks/damage out whilst still retaining the edges and profile, that can`t be achieved by holding the case against a buffing wheel.

Definitely one to avoid IMO.
    Thank you, I value your opinion highly.

What a strange thread. Very odd question to start with, people reply then OP posts a response from Parkers ignoring the previous replies as if some mystery has been solved.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    What a strange thread. Very odd question to start with, people reply then OP posts a response from Parkers ignoring the previous replies as if some mystery has been solved.
    Nought so queer etc.

I suppose something has to fill a bank holiday Friday.

Who would have guessed, dealers listing watches on a watch sales platform - didn't see that one coming

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingstepper View Post
    Nought so queer etc.
    Surely that should have been 'Nowt so queer...' ??? or have I been misunderstanding that saying for the last 5 decades?

Quote Originally Posted by MrGrumpy View Post
    Surely that should have been 'Nowt so queer...' ??? or have I been misunderstanding that saying for the last 5 decades?
    You are correct. I used to be able to say 'Nowt so queer as folk - says my Uncle Shirley' and I did have an Uncle Shirley, Shirley Crabtree AKA Big Daddy.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    You are correct. I used to be able to say 'Nowt so queer as folk - says my Uncle Shirley' and I did have an Uncle Shirley, Shirley Crabtree AKA Big Daddy.
    Easy, Easy, Easy!

What a legend!

Quote Originally Posted by Indio View Post
    Easy, Easy, Easy!

What a legend!
    Wasn't what you would call a proper Uncle. My Mum's sister left her husband and 4 kids in 1969 and took up with him when he was still on the bill as SC. she eventually married him and moved out to Halifax. I only met him once at my Granddad's funeral in 1980, but funnily enough he had to leave early to travel to London to film Jim'll Fix It.

He still owes me a £1. If you remember his signature tune was We shall not be moved by The Seekers and he wanted the record. I picked a copy up from a record fair in Liverpool around that time and passed it on to him, but never got my £1 back.

Quote Originally Posted by Wallasey Runner View Post
    Wasn't what you would call a proper Uncle. My Mum's sister left her husband and 4 kids in 1969 and took up with him when he was still on the bill as SC. she eventually married him and moved out to Halifax. I only met him once at my Granddad's funeral in 1980, but funnily enough he had to leave early to travel to London to film Jim'll Fix It.

He still owes me a £1. If you remember his signature tune was We shall not be moved by The Seekers and he wanted the record. I picked a copy up from a record fair in Liverpool around that time and passed it on to him, but never got my £1 back.
    Just when you've read one too many banal watch threads and are about to switch off, up pops a genuinely interesting anecdote. Thanks!