closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser

Thread: Oh no. Florian Schneider just died.

Oh no. Florian Schneider just died.

Founder member of Kraftwerk has died at 73 . What a hero .

Not many groups claim to fame was appearing on Tomorrow's World. The music was very different to everything that I liked at the time, but they went on to be become a well established band.

I was more surprised at his age, not sure why.

RIP

Master
    Unfortunately I never got to see them but their music was massively influential, shall have a listen later I think.

Master
    Kraftwerk are one of my favourite bands I have most of their music it still sounds fresh even now from the 60s stuff through to the classics like Tour de France and computer world, just about every form of electronic music has been influenced by them and they invented the drum machine And they were environmentalists before the word had been invented .
    My wife tried to get us a ticket to see them for my birthday a few years ago and it had sold out in 4 minutes I never realised they were still so popular.

Craftsman
    I had been sitting outside having a glass of red and listening to Autobahn among other tracks then came in and saw this post. So many good people going lately.

still have the original lp Autobahn great music RIP

Way ahead of their time and still relevant.

Sad loss to the music industry, RIP.
    When you look long into an abyss, the abyss looks long into you.........

Quote Originally Posted by notnowkato View Post
    Founder member of Kraftwerk has died at 73 . What a hero .
    First heard Autobhan waiting for YES to come on stage, pumping out full blast on the PA. Bought the album ASAP and introduced mates to the experience, they thought I wasn't well. However I had previously discovered CAN so had a sense of which way the wind was blowing.

I’ll never forget hearing The Model and Neon Lights as a young child - think it blew my tiny mind! Such beauty, atmosphere and feeling. I knew then it was different, the sound of the future. After nearly 40 years it still is..

Just finished listening to their Autobahn album start to finish, The Man Machine is next. They were extremely influential in my formative years along with J-M Jarre, Tangerine Dream, Yello and one or two others.

A good chunk of my taste in tunes is down to Kraftwerk. RIP Florian.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by CardShark View Post
    Just finished listening to their Autobahn album start to finish, The Man Machine is next. They were extremely influential in my formative years along with J-M Jarre, Tangerine Dream, Yello and one or two others.

A good chunk of my taste in tunes is down to Kraftwerk. RIP Florian.
    Did you ever go to any of these live?

Rob.

Master
    I’d be the first person to admit I didn’t like the music, but that said he was a visionary of electronic music and inspired generations of electronic music bass/producers/DJs
    Top guy though I watched a documentary with him in it and have seen some cracking interviews too, kooky but the kind of person you respect quite easily regardless of music taste.. or maybe that’s just me, I’m sure I’ll be corrected if I’m wrong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another one of the most influential bands of my youth. Never got to see them live but I've just put Autobahn on for a spin. RIP Florian.

Incidentally for any Kraftwerk fans out there have a listen to Metroland, heavily influenced by Kraftwerk but with great original tracks.

Master
    One of my first albums was Radioactivity, it had such a profound effect on my musical taste.

I was gutted to get tickets to see them live a few years ago and was working, so had to sell them. Never going to happen now.............

RIP Florian.

We hear of music folk dying every week now, it's the age group.

Millie Small as well.
    Cheers,
    Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob (NZ) View Post
    Did you ever go to any of these live?

Rob.
    Only J-M Jarre - Docklands in '88, Paris on Bastille Day '90 and Wembley Arena in '97. The Paris concert was epic, approx 2.5 million people congregated between La Defense (where the concert was held) along the Champs Elysees towards the Arc de Triomphe, the Waiting For Cousteau album had just been released and there were loudspeakers placed the length of the road playing the track by the same name for a number of hours in the build-up to the concert itself. I went with 2 friends on an organised coach trip specifically for the show, we got to our standing place close enough to just about make out what was happening on the stage around 2pm and waited until after nightfall for the start - it was worth it!

I'd have loved to have seen Kraftwerk, I watched a few of their concerts on YT earlier today.

RIP

Now the rest of you what influenced and shaped my youth Stop Pegging out!

Sent from my iPhone using TZ-UK mobile app

Last band still on my bucket list to see, they were due to play one of the festivals in London this year, but I quite fancy seeing them in Germany.