closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Lockdown easing?

Quote Originally Posted by turbomolwi View Post
    Is there a lockdown in uk? People visiting parks, beaches in masses .All fam members including kids visiting asda, morrisons etc .
    My local park has always been flooded with teenagers hanging about as if nothing is wrong.
    Certain areas no social distancing at all and no checks from police . Bbq parties and even indoor parties are being held .
    It feels more like paid holiday instead of lockdown
    Its like that in a few places near me.

Im a train driver, so the trains are meant to be for "key" workers for "essential" travel only.

Seen lots and lots of people, who certainly dont "look" (eg. families, couples, people drinking beers, people with skate boards etc etc!) getting on the trains I drive .(suburban around Cardiff and the "valleys").

The roads on the way to work , of course they are "quieter" than normal....but busy nonetheless!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tooks View Post
    I’m perfectly calm, thank you.

Your observation, that fewer people take outdoor exercise on days when the weather is poor, applies in ‘normal times’ as well.

I chose to go out for my 20 mile bike ride yesterday rather than today, because the forecast was better yesterday. But I guess I’m some kind of ‘covidiot’ as a result.
    There you go again.

Nobody has said you're 'some kind of ‘covidiot’ as a result' have they? You suggested it yourself.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    There you go again.

Nobody has said you're 'some kind of ‘covidiot’ as a result' have they? You suggested it yourself.
    No, your theme has been pretty consistent, it’s just a shame you won’t own it. It’s laughable to suggest you weren’t trying to undermine people who you perceive to only be going out for exercise because it’s one of the few things sanctioned at the moment, otherwise they wouldn’t bother.

Don’t be out for more than an hour whilst you back pedal.

Blog Entries
    No, your theme has been pretty consistent, it’s just a shame you won’t own it. It’s laughable to suggest you weren’t trying to undermine people who you perceive to only be going out for exercise because it’s one of the few things sanctioned at the moment, otherwise they wouldn’t bother.

I don't think I have a theme as such, and I'm not undermining anyone, simply saying what I've observed. If you don't like it I can't help that. You seem to be determined to try and pick an argument over anything at the moment, even things nobody has said.

Blog Entries

Anyway here's the police and the BBC "trying to undermine people who you perceive to only be going out for exercise because it’s one of the few things sanctioned at the moment, otherwise they wouldn’t bother."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...DnaePhmxcSAazI

Master
    Anyway here's the police and the BBC "trying to undermine people who you perceive to only be going out for exercise because it’s one of the few things sanctioned at the moment, otherwise they wouldn’t bother."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...DnaePhmxcSAazI
    I thought you were just making a casual observation about the weather and fewer people about?

Glad you got to the point you were really trying to make.

Brace yourself for 1900....

Blog Entries
    I thought you were just making a casual observation about the weather and fewer people about?

Glad you got to the point you were really trying to make.

Brace yourself for 1900....
    I was, but you made a point about me "trying to undermine people who you perceive to only be going out for exercise because it’s one of the few things sanctioned at the moment, otherwise they wouldn’t bother." so I thought you'd appreciate seeing someone actually doing that.

Master
    I was, but you made a point about me "trying to undermine people who you perceive to only be going out for exercise because it’s one of the few things sanctioned at the moment, otherwise they wouldn’t bother." so I thought you'd appreciate seeing someone actually doing that.
    No, thanks for having the balls to try and infer that people out exercising are spreading the virus, whilst ignoring the evidence that outdoor viral transmission is tiny.

As I said, you got there in the end, own your messages is all I’d say, don’t try and hide behind a BBC link.

Blog Entries
    No, thanks for having the balls to try and infer that people out exercising are spreading the virus, whilst ignoring the evidence that outdoor viral transmission is tiny.

As I said, you got there in the end, own your messages is all I’d say, don’t try and hide behind a BBC link.
    I'm not hiding anywhere. I really don't get what your problem is to be honest. I posted about what I'd seen. You didn't like that. I posted a link to a BBC article about what you were talking about. You didn't like that. You should contact the policeman and the BBC if you think it's wrong.

Better than nothing. Now for the BBC’s take on it I suppose. No doubt they’ll have a unique interpretation.

I need an explanation...

Can all the shops open?

M

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

Master
    I'm not hiding anywhere. I really don't get what your problem is to be honest. I posted about what I'd seen. You didn't like that. I posted a link to a BBC article about what you were talking about. You didn't like that. You should contact the policeman and the BBC if you think it's wrong.
    My problem is, that you can’t hide the fact that you think everybody out exercising are somehow not justified, and spreading the virus, hence your thinly veiled dig at such people not being as prevalent when the weather turned.

I’m a big boy, if that’s your view then fine, I can disagree with it, but at least own it.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by snowman View Post
    I need an explanation...

Can all the shops open?

M

Not exactly clear is it. You can’t open your shop from home, so..?

Blog Entries
    My problem is, that you can’t hide the fact that you think everybody out exercising are somehow not justified, and spreading the virus, hence your thinly veiled dig at such people not being as prevalent when the weather turned.

I’m a big boy, if that’s your view then fine, I can disagree with it, but at least own it.
    Not everyone. Some.

And all this ‘own it’ stuff is a little silly, if you’re a big boy.

I think shops were hinted at for July but it is rather confusing if you are meant to be going to work tomorrow morning and not using public transport.

And not just the need to find a suit that still fits

Master
    Not everyone. Some.

And all this ‘own it’ stuff is a little silly, if you’re a big boy.
    Ok, so it’s now some. At least we’ve moved on from just an ‘observation’...

I need an explanation...

Can all the shops open?

M

No, I’m sure you can watch it again if you need to.

Blog Entries
    Ok, so it’s now some. At least we’ve moved on from just an ‘observation’...
    Well it was just an observation.

But you made me look at other information with your view.

Are you going to report me?

A ten minute pep talk wasn’t long enough in the circumstances, more questions than answers at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by TBKBABAB View Post
    No, I’m sure you can watch it again if you need to.
    I'll wait for it to be translated into English

M

So if I want to get in my car and drive the family for a picnic in Wales, Northern Ireland, or Scotland, I now can?

But if you are Scottish, Welsh, or Northern Irish you can't come to England for a picnic, in fact you can't have one in your home country, but you can watch me and mine enjoying your parks and noshing a sausage roll from your window..?
    So clever my foot fell off.

June 1st for shops

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingBanana View Post
    So if I want to get in my car and drive the family for a picnic in Wales, Northern Ireland, or Scotland, I now can?

But if you are Scottish, Welsh, or Northern Irish you can't come to England for a picnic, in fact you can't have one in your home country, but you can watch me and mine enjoying your parks and noshing a sausage roll from your window..?
    Well, yes it would seem so, but only from Wednesday, obviously.

Pretty much but it seems to me that there is an undertone of political powerplay involved between the first ministers and Westminster rather than a united response. Probably best leave it at that unless I go to the BP!

You might find the roads a bit busier than expected in Northern Ireland. Some people seem to be ignoring the current guidance and plenty of people are out and about for non-essential journeys. It’s all starting to unravel a little bit!

I'll wait for it to be translated into English

M

Just go back and look at the little pictures if it’s easier or wait for the further details to be advised
    in parliament tomorrow or you could submit a question if you don’t understand as Boris will be
    answering some questions from the public tomorrow.

That announcement that many hospitality businesses will not open until July means that many people on furlough currently will be released this week or next.

Key points about easing this week:

• Work from home if you can, but you should go to work if you can’t work from home.
    • When you do go to work, if possible do so by car or even better by walking or bicycle.
    • From this Wednesday, you can take more and even unlimited amounts of outdoor exercise.
    • You can sit in the sun in your local park, you can drive to other destinations, you can even play sports but only with members of your own household.

Full transcript here:
    https://www.gov.uk/government/speech...us-10-may-2020

If he doesn’t want you to take public transport then how about making city parking free of charge. There’s an idea

Quote Originally Posted by Caruso View Post
    Key points about easing this week:

• Work from home if you can, but you should go to work if you can’t work from home.
    • When you do go to work, if possible do so by car or even better by walking or bicycle.
    • From this Wednesday, you can take more and even unlimited amounts of outdoor exercise.
    • You can sit in the sun in your local park, you can drive to other destinations, you can even play sports but only with members of your own household.

Full transcript here:
    https://www.gov.uk/government/speech...us-10-may-2020
    So can I play golf?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Alansmithee View Post
    That announcement that many hospitality businesses will not open until July means that many people on furlough currently will be released this week or next.
    i thought the Government extended the retention scheme through to June.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyp View Post
    So can I play golf?

Probably. Specific details to follow tomorrow, no?

So can I play golf?

What I took from the message was OK to travel further for exercise, OK to resume sporting activities with household plus where social distancing measures are in place.

I’m not holding my breath but will just wait for update from Golf England

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by boris9 View Post
    Probably. Specific details to follow tomorrow, no?

Suspect most could will await/follow Golf England advice and they were speaking with the R&A tonight so update awaited.

Sent from my HD1903 using Tapatalk

I see Daily Fail trying to go with anti-government spin that “Nine in 10 Britons are happy to stay off work if they are getting paid amid signs of mounting backlash”. Happy to stay off work if getting paid...no sh*t, sherlock! I guess they chose not to say 100% of Britons because that would seem less scientific.

So I can go to work as long as I observe social distancing

But I cant visit my family even if I likewise observe social distancing

Is that right?

Quote Originally Posted by Velorum View Post

Is that right?
    Who knows, it's open to interpretation so your guess is as good as anyone else's .
    "Once is happenstance. Twice is coincidence. The third time it's enemy action."

'Populism, the last refuge of a Tory scoundrel'.

Kind of what I thought

Illogical, contradictory guidance that only adds to the stress

I pity the police trying to enforce whatever it is they must now enforce

Is that right?
    That has always been the case if you were a key worker. I have been working in office and at home throughout but not seen any family or friends and yes, it does feel odd.

From instagram more confusing then before

Full steam ahead to the second peak.
    F.T.F.A.

Quote Originally Posted by TBKBABAB View Post
    Just go back and look at the little pictures if it’s easier or wait for the further details to be advised
    in parliament tomorrow or you could submit a question if you don’t understand as Boris will be
    answering some questions from the public tomorrow.
    Garden centres aren't shops? Go to work if you can't work from home? Who was being addressed???

Those little pictures must be works of art to explain all this...

As I said I need an explanation, which I guess we'll have to work out for ourselves

I guess I'm not on the PM's wavelength.

Hopefully someone else from the government will explain what was meant in due course.

M

Last edited by snowman; 10th May 2020 at 21:42.

So if everything goes well from 1st July schools will be open, but only for reception and year one. Probably the two age groups least likely to understand or stick to social distancing (Through no fault of their own) in classrooms normally with 20 to 30 pupils often sharing desks and only a teacher and teaching assistant present. And how are teachers supposed to enforce social distancing on 30 or so 6 year olds? Who will be doing the pick up and drop off as parents may or may not be in work or working from home, grandparents may still be advised to remain indoors?

The government does realise they are giving schools about 3 weeks to work all this out and then implement it for about 8 weeks before they all break up again for the summer holidays (Not to mention the fact that in some parts of the UK the schools will remain closed)

Then we have under consideration requiring people to self isolate for 2 weeks on entering the country, is this uncertainty not going to effect the tourist industry even more if people still dont know if they should travel or not and probably wont know for another month?

Is that right?
    As a key worker, I've attended work with approximately 1000 other workers throughout this lockdown. Even if I was allowed to visit family I dont live with I wouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Alansmithee View Post
    For many it’s going to be Furlough to the dole and not just those in hospitality but for many parents too. They can’t go off to work while kids can’t go to school. Boris said that some year groups might start back after half term, so maybe parents with children in year groups not going back to school this year will be allowed to walk or cycle to work with their parents.

Good that garden centres are opening though, my parents have loads of time on their hands as they’re not looking after grand kids.

Quote Originally Posted by davida View Post
    As a key worker, I've attended work with approximately 1000 other workers throughout this lockdown. Even if I was allowed to visit family I dont live with I wouldn't.
    And that’s very sensible, why make their contact bubble any bigger.

Coming out of lockdown is never going to be straightforward, each European country is doing it slightly differently and it looks like the U.K is more conservative than most especially on the social/shopping side.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    And that’s very sensible, why make their contact bubble any bigger.

Coming out of lockdown is never going to be straightforward, each European country is doing it slightly differently and it looks like the U.K is more conservative than most especially on the social/shopping side.
    It certainly is.

However, what would make this more straightforward is clearer guidelines to remove as much ambiguity as possible.

As it stands at the moment, regardless of what I think is the most sensible thing to do, I am not clear on exactly what I can do legally.

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    So can I play golf?

Yes....Golf England confirm golf playable from Wednesday although it looks like you will have to play as a singleton unless somebody else in the house also plays.

It certainly is.

However, what would make this more straightforward is clearer guidelines to remove as much ambiguity as possible.

As it stands at the moment, regardless of what I think is the most sensible thing to do, I am not clear on exactly what I can do legally.
    I'm sure Boris said that more details will be given tomorrow in Parliament.

Any further south and i would have wet feet
    The thing about schools puzzles me.
    I understand why Y6 would go back but why would Reception & Year 1 be more of a priority than,say,Year 10?

A teacher's point of view would be interesting/helpful here please!