closing tag is in template navbar
timefactors watches

TZ-UK Fundraiser
Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Lockdown easing?

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    Unfortunately we only see the U.K. view on the U.K. the rest of the world is looking at us in disbelief, the highest death toll in Europe despite a 2 week ‘heads up’ on what was happening elsewhere.
    An abysmal re-active not proactive government and a chronically underfunded NHS in the 5th largest economy in the world. People applauding a 100 year war veteran for raising millions? It’s an embarrassment, it shouldn’t be needed.
    And yet the doe-eyed public lap up the ‘blitz spirit’ pedalled by the media.
    Those I know working in the NHS would rather they get paid properly and supplied proper PPE than be clapped for doing their job.
    Although I actually agree with a lot of what you say here and it certainly shouldn’t be needed, I do not consider the willingness of the general public to freely donate millions ‘an embarrassment’. Neither do I believe the general public are ‘doe-eyed’ as most just want to do the right thing in a very difficult situation.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by TBKBABAB View Post
    The number of deaths is a tragedy in all countries but the reporting from different countries is undoubtedly very different, the French total figures have actually gone down on some days.
    There is an awful lot nobody knows and which will only become clear in maybe 18 months 2 years.
    This isn’t necessarily accurate either as it is based on the same reported figures but gives a clearer overall picture

Deaths per million of population

Belgium 692
    Spain 548
    Italy 485
    UK 433
    France 391
    The our world in data tracks this very well. This is just one of tens of charts they generate

https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/t...OU+ESP+SWE+GBR

Another classic BBC expert on the 10 O’clock news, except this guy presumably should know what he
    is talking about surely, Chis Hopson Chief executive of NHS Providers being interviewed about the testing
    and saying that NHS staff Struggling to get tests and what is the use of a test that can take up to 5 days to get
    a result which means the individual member of staff could be walking around spreading the virus for 5 days.
    Is he not aware that if you have symptoms you should self isolate for 7 days and the BBC reporter
    should also know this and have picked him up on it plus I understand most test results come back within 48 hours.
    Ive seen him on there before moaning about testing strategy and thought in his position he should be talking to
    the government not appearing on TV but in view of the above maybe they don’t want to talk to him.

Blog Entries
    Another classic BBC expert on the 10 O’clock news, except this guy presumably should know what he
    is talking about surely, Chis Hopson Chief executive of NHS Providers being interviewed about the testing
    and saying that NHS staff Struggling to get tests and what is the use of a test that can take up to 5 days to get
    a result which means the individual member of staff could be walking around spreading the virus for 5 days.
    Is he not aware that if you have symptoms you should self isolate for 7 days and the BBC reporter
    should also know this and have picked him up on it plus I understand most test results come back within 48 hours.
    Ive seen him on there before moaning about testing strategy and thought in his position he should be talking to
    the government not appearing on TV but in view of the above maybe they don’t want to talk to him.
    I wonder why the BBC didn’t pick that up? Well actually I don’t.
    Started out with nothing. Still have most of it left.

Blog Entries
    Things are getting better here. Number of new patients in the IC is in the double digits for a week now: 27 (and falling), the number of casualties is 36 and that number is falling as well.

Some changes of the rules:

• hairdressers and beauticians re-open next week (We know a lady with a beauty salon; her phone 'exploded' seconds after the news was official!)
    • non contact sports like golf, tennis and other non-contact sports (like singlehanded sailing) are allowed from this weekend on.
    • primary schools re-open on May 11. Every school can decide how they will maintain the 1.5 meter rule on the playground and in the schools
    • secundary schools re-open on June 2.
    • trains will be running for everybody on June 2 as well: a face mask is mandatory for everyone in the trains, busses etc.
    • bars and restaurants will re-open as well, with only a limited amount of customers inside (max 30)
    • holiday parks will re-open on July 1st
    • gyms and other contact sports will be allowed again on Sept 1st.

All provided that the numbers stay low.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint-Just View Post
    "had" may be closer to the truth. But a swift action from a country controlling its borders would have remedied to that. See NZ or Israel, to name but two. The situation is actually so bad that it's not even worth checking passengers arriving in this country anymore, as it would make no measurable difference (if I understood correctly).

”NZ and Israel” - this is your comparison. FFS!

One is a country with a population about 50% of that of London and the other is a country with some of the toughest security measures and which few people actually want to visit with 10% of the tourist numbers than the UK.

But, I am curious to know what checking temperatures of passengers would have achieved, given that it takes up to 12 days before symptoms show, assuming of course they show - they may not.

Whoever does not know how to hit the nail on the head should be asked not to hit it at all.
    Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Andyg View Post

One is a country with a population about 50% of that of London and the other is a country with some of the toughest security measures and which few people actually want to visit with 10% of the tourist numbers than the UK.

But, I am curious to know what checking temperatures of passengers would have achieved, given that it takes up to 12 days before symptoms show, assuming of course they show - they may not.

They are examples where closing borders (or quarantining passengers for a fortnight) worked. Examples, please note, not comparisons. And no one mentioned temperature. Checking passengers can mean testing them, or indeed quarantining them. It is called decisive action.

How many people would have been saved if the UK had taken decisive action, effectively closing its borders and quarantining its citizens coming back systematically, while having the same lockdown as we have now, but earlier?

What should that number be to make it all worthwhile?
    'Against stupidity, the gods themselves struggle in vain' - Schiller.

Quote Originally Posted by Passenger View Post
    Good question, worth a look at South Korea, Germany, New Zealand, Denmark, Czech Republic and you can see how a combination of preparedness AND perhaps as importantly Governments taking swift and informed decisions, along with coherent and clear communication to their citizens, made for better outcomes. Heck NZ appear to have 'banished' the lurgy completely.

Probably none of them with the exception, I think of SK, had the depth of recent experience and knowledge of epidemics such as we had gleaned from playing a lead role in the response to Ebola, which I find interesting.
    We will come through this as sure as night follows day - however my grave concern is the vast regions of Africa without infrastructure or any hope of testing or containment. This could see repeat waves happening due to travel over and over again.

UK offer the virus fewer opportunities for transmission? Second largest population in Western Europe in the smallest
    area of the larger countries i.e. Germany, Spain, Italy, France. 5 million tube journeys in London every day, about 3 million people commuting to work via train in the U.K. and 3rd highest number of air passengers in the world.
    I meant in the socio/cultural sense...we don't do the kissing greeting thing nor do we gather on a weekly/daily basis, for multi generational get togethers, also something else we do in Spain but not so much in the UK is the sharing of plates at a meal...sometimes plates go in the middle of the table and everyone dips in with their fork, also daily social physical distance, under normal conditions here, is a little closer than the UK would be my guess. Shoulda been clearer and explained in t'other post.

The UK's pop density for the record isn't all that different to Germany, and sorry I can't recall the German region but in one place they definitely had same/greater than UK density but guess what, still nowhere near the death toll...makes you think about what other factors were at play to have fluffed the response so badly.

The point is we were, because of a combination of the factors I've outlined...experience, wealth, a culture already predisposed to 'distancing', the advantage of time/experience gleaned form others, in a better place than some, many even at the start of this. Even Greece, with an elderly population, relative poverty and a very recent financial and economic crisis, which they have not entirely recovered from has managed to weather this storm by reacting early and decisively, and providing clear messaging to the people...worth a read if you're interested,

https://time.com/5824836/greece-coronavirus/
    Last edited by Passenger; 7th May 2020 at 10:29.

Quote Originally Posted by RustyBin5 View Post
    We will come through this as sure as night follows day - however my grave concern is the vast regions of Africa without infrastructure or any hope of testing or containment. This could see repeat waves happening due to travel over and over again.
    Tbh in the short to mid term I'm wondering if the shortish lockdown lite, the extent of transmission which the reluctance to 'officially' lock down in a timely fashion enabled, alongside the requirement to get folks back to work quickly while theres' still a fair bit of Covid in the system, won't see repeat waves in the UK. Obviously I'm hoping not and frankly the same thing could happen anywhere unless the respective Governments bring their A game, as far as test, track, isolate goes and remain at a high level of vigilance.

Of course we, barring those who succumb, will come through it.

Many parts of Africa have a considerably younger population than the developed world, I suspect while it will take the oldest and most vulnerable they might achieve a less costly herd immunity with time, more readily than those states with higher LE's and large senior demographic overhangs. Just my guess.
    Last edited by Passenger; 7th May 2020 at 09:57.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSmith View Post
    Unfortunately we only see the U.K. view on the U.K. the rest of the world is looking at us in disbelief, the highest death toll in Europe despite a 2 week ‘heads up’ on what was happening elsewhere.
    An abysmal re-active not proactive government and a chronically underfunded NHS in the 5th largest economy in the world. People applauding a 100 year war veteran for raising millions? It’s an embarrassment, it shouldn’t be needed.
    And yet the doe-eyed public lap up the ‘blitz spirit’ pedalled by the media.
    Those I know working in the NHS would rather they get paid properly and supplied proper PPE than be clapped for doing their job.

Excellent post 👍

Quote Originally Posted by RD200 View Post
    The governments rich Tory donors won't want lockdown going on much longer

Sent from my SM-A105FN using Tapatalk
    Nor do the not-rich non-Tory not-donors living in the local authority estate adjacent to the school where my wife works. Kids out playing, youths out smoking and no shortage of BBQ's & garden parties.

I suggest wanting lockdown to end isn't exclusive to any political leaning...

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisdobson45 View Post
    Nor do the not-rich non-Tory not-donors living in the local authority estate adjacent to the school where my wife works. Kids out playing, youths out smoking and no shortage of BBQ's & garden parties.

How do you know they're not Tories??
    To me they sound like the former red wall, new Tory voting brexiters I used to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by Andyg View Post

A quick Google search shows that in 2019 3.89 million passengers passed through New Zealand airports, 24.8 million through Israeli, and 287.8 million through UK airports. Remember this is a quick Google search and may be a bit out, as someone is sure to come along with different figures soon to refute it, but it will be in the right ballpark.
    And I bet the first two have arrivals and departures to and from far far fewer destinations than Blighty.

Last edited by Ruggertech; 7th May 2020 at 10:36.

I meant in the socio/cultural sense...we don't do the kissing greeting thing nor do we gather on a weekly/daily basis, for multi generational get togethers, also something else we do in Spain but not so much in the UK is the sharing of plates at a meal...sometimes plates go in the middle of the table and everyone dips in with their fork, also daily social physical distance, under normal conditions here, is a little closer than the UK would be my guess. Shoulda been clearer and explained in t'other post.

The UK's pop density for the record isn't all that different to Germany, and sorry I can't recall the German region but in one place they definitely had same/greater than UK density but guess what, still nowhere near the death toll...makes you think about what other factors were at play to have fluffed the response so badly.
    These days I would guess more than 50% of the population do the kissy greeting others shake hands then touch their
    faces which seems to be a major source of passing the infection worldwide hence the big emphasis everywhere of hand hygiene and these days sharing plates, sharing pizzas, Indian, Chinese, Tapas is extremely common as to social distancing in normal situations not sure there is that much difference.

I didn’t mention Germany but the total population of the 7 largest cities in Germany is about the same as London on its own,
    the instant availability of large testing capacity has to be a factor but have a feeling there must be other reasons which will
    only become clear down the line.

Quote Originally Posted by RickS View Post
    Genuinely interested in your comments, can you give any examples of "swift and informed decisions" taken by other countries and how they differed from here.
    Although I didn't include Greece on my original list, this is worth a read and you can see parallels in the Govt's actions with the other nations which are handling the crisis with lower cost of life, generally speaking they took it seriously from the start and locked down and closed borders early and hard, and gave their populations honest, frank and consistent, clear messages...

Blog Entries

Begs the question 'what lockdown?' surely. Bet they'll all be out tonight clapping.

Journeyman
    I can’t really see what has changed from a few weeks ago - we still have 680 + deaths per day, we aren’t meeting testing targets and there is a shortage of PPE.

Master
    The Newspaper headlines today I find quite baffling. Talk about telegraphing something that hasn’t been announced.

I expect the parks, countryside and beaches to be full to bursting from now on in...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tooks View Post
    The Newspaper headlines today I find quite baffling. Talk about telegraphing something that hasn’t been announced.

I expect the parks, countryside and beaches to be full to bursting from now on in...
    The media have spent the lockdown telling people how terrible it is and now are virtually telling people it’s over. I expect if we now see a new peak of people dying they’ll be blaming everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by MDEM1 View Post
    I can’t really see what has changed from a few weeks ago - we still have 680 + deaths per day, we aren’t meeting testing targets and there is a shortage of PPE.
    From today: The chief executive of the NHS Confederation says supplies of personal protective equipment (PPE) are now "generally better" in hospitals.

A few weeks ago deaths outside hospital weren’t included in the reports.

On the 24th of April 24,000 tests were done.

Whilst the media have to take responsibility it’s also down to us to behave sensibly.

Ive just been for a 20 minute walk during lunch and it’s like normal out there. There was a couple sat in chairs on their driveway right by the pavement. These are big houses with back gardens, I mean WTF! There were so many cars driving around It was just like normal.

i think the mentality of many people in this country is such that even if the Government ordered a stricter lockdown at the beginning it wouldn’t have had any difference.

Theres no doubt our death toll can partly be attributed to the Govt’s abysmal response but how much are we to blame for not staying at home more and thus continuing to spread the virus?
    Last edited by sevvy; 7th May 2020 at 13:27.

Quote Originally Posted by sevvy View Post
    Whilst the media have to take responsibility it’s also down to us to behave sensibly.

Ive just been for a 20 minute work during lunch and it’s like normal out there. There was a couple sat in chairs on their driveway right by the pavement. These are big houses with back gardens, I mean WTF! There were so many cars driving around It was just like normal.

i think the mentality of many people in this country is such that even if the Government ordered a stricter lockdown at the beginning it wouldn’t have had any difference.

Theres no doubt our death toll can partly be attributed to the Govt’s abysmal response but how much are we to blame for not staying at home more and thus continuing to spread the virus?
    Why on earth would you sit on your driveway during normal times let alone now.

Unless they were prepared to put the army on the streets probably not, couldn’t believe a report yesterday where they
    rang 50 barbers and 19 were prepared to cut their hair.

In answer to your last question probably about 90%

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    The media have spent the lockdown telling people how terrible it is and now are virtually telling people it’s over. I expect if we now see a new peak of people dying they’ll be blaming everyone else.
    Be in no doubt that the media are reporting what they are being told by our politicians. So if they are told "please don't quote me, but we're going to relax the lockdown", they'll report it. Now of course it could be a complete "misspeaking", or it could be part of a deliberate plot.

Craftsman
    Although I didn't include Greece on my original list, this is worth a read and you can see parallels in the Govt's actions with the other nations which are handling the crisis with lower cost of life, generally speaking they took it seriously from the start and locked down and closed borders early and hard, and gave their populations honest, frank and consistent, clear messages...

Hi and thanks for the reply, an interesting read. However, I don't think what Greece did was massively different to the UK reaction. I believe a significant reason for the vastly differing number of cases/deaths is the number of infected persons entering a country. At this time of year that would be magnitudes greater in the UK than Greece. How would Greece have coped if this pandemic had occurred at the height of the holiday season? Anyway, I'm glad the Greeks have not suffered as badly as we have and I'm hopeful I can still have my holiday in Rhodes in October!!

I see you're in Cartagena. I have friends wintering in Spain up the coast from you in Playa Flamenca. We keep in regular touch and they keep me updated on how they're coping. Stay safe.

Quote Originally Posted by RickS View Post
    Hi and thanks for the reply, an interesting read. However, I don't think what Greece did was massively different to the UK reaction. I believe a significant reason for the vastly differing number of cases/deaths is the number of infected persons entering a country. At this time of year that would be magnitudes greater in the UK than Greece. How would Greece have coped if this pandemic had occurred at the height of the holiday season? Anyway, I'm glad the Greeks have not suffered as badly as we have and I'm hopeful I can still have my holiday in Rhodes in October!!

I see you're in Cartagena. I have friends wintering in Spain up the coast from you in Playa Flamenca. We keep in regular touch and they keep me updated on how they're coping. Stay safe.
    Hope your friends are enjoying the weather, beginning to warm up nicely now. We're good thanks, in a rural village about 15 minutes from Cartagena and 10 mins to the coast, we've a detached property and plenty of garden and terraces so isolation has not been too challenging, would be far worse in a small apartment with children in the 'city'. The same to you and yours.
    Last edited by Passenger; 7th May 2020 at 15:11.

If you think back to when the lockdown started, it was all about flattening the curve and protecting the NHS.

I read somewhere that the London Nightingale was being mothballed and the number of daily deaths now includes those from all locations, not just in hospital, so things, presumably are now more under control than they either were or, perhaps, were feared they may get.

Yes, people are still dying from the virus, but that's not going to end unless we 100% isolate and most don't want to (or can't) do that.

From an economical POV, the country needs to be getting back to work and, more importantly, spending money.

Things won't be as they were for a long time, I suspect, but it seems to me that the 'black death' scenario that the media peddled initially was to try and dampen down a predicted mass infection overwhelming unprepared hospitals and now we're being presented with a 'getting on with the job'/'making Britain great again' story to start to stop the exchequer hemorrhaging money, which surely we all knew wasn't sustainable.

Whether things are really THAT much better is a) hard to say and b) a moot point, clearly the government have decided they've either improved enough to reduce the lockdown limitations or things have got bad enough financially that they can't afford NOT to...

M
    Breitling Cosmonaute 809 - What's not to like?

I suspect habits will change though. I just popped to my local B&Q which is a 10 minute walk from the house to buy a few things I need for odd jobs that need doing. Upon arrival I spotted over 50 cars in the car park, and was greeted with an employee wearing full PPE, a spray of disinfectant and wipes. At which point I walked back home and have just placed my order on Amazon (probably the same price maybe even cheaper). I suspect a lot of people won’t fancy shopping under such restrictions regardless of lockdown status, made me realise there’s not much point risking life and limb to buy a few bits in an environment deemed so ‘safe’ that the staff are wearing space suits!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I understand your position but chances are the staff is not worried about the stuff in their shop but about the careless people who believe Covid-19 will not touch them.

its been done arse upsidedown from day 1 (looking at the people leading the country this doesnt suprise me one bit) , my local lidl has gone from letting people in and asking them to remain 2mtrs away from each other to only letting so many at a time in over the last few days ( which seems back to front as well ) - ive gone from being able to just walk in at the start of lockdown to queuing just to get in over the last couple of days , im also not sure if going to B&Q is classed as daily exercise or a new method of social cleansing .

Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    I suspect habits will change though. I just popped to my local B&Q which is a 10 minute walk from the house to buy a few things I need for odd jobs that need doing. Upon arrival I spotted over 50 cars in the car park, and was greeted with an employee wearing full PPE, a spray of disinfectant and wipes. At which point I walked back home and have just placed my order on Amazon (probably the same price maybe even cheaper). I suspect a lot of people won’t fancy shopping under such restrictions regardless of lockdown status, made me realise there’s not much point risking life and limb to buy a few bits in an environment deemed so ‘safe’ that the staff are wearing space suits!

Don’t want to start another argument about it’s open so I can go there but the advice/restrictions haven’t changed, only go shopping for necessities e.g. food and medicines and as infrequently as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by oldoakknives View Post
    Begs the question 'what lockdown?' surely. Bet they'll all be out tonight clapping.
    They will be partying in their front gardens....

Sent to me by a friend who works within the NHS

I believe that Scotland has announced that ‘Lockdown’ will continue for another 3 weeks from today.

Don’t want to start another argument about it’s open so I can go there but the advice/restrictions haven’t changed, only go shopping for necessities e.g. food and medicines and as infrequently as possible.
    You’re quite correct - I tried to order via their website for click and collect to no avail, haven’t been there for over 6 weeks even though they are only a few minutes walk away. I went as much in a ‘reconnaissance’ mission as part of a walk (I live in a quiet rural area and noticed last week they were open) and genuinely need a few plumbing parts which may become an emergency if I ignore the issue! - I know the staff are only being sensible, but I felt slightly paranoid with people dressed in PPE and thought ‘actually this is a bit silly - I can probably buy online and if I order the wrong parts it’s only a fe quid’ so left.

They will be partying in their front gardens....
    Just had a neighbour knocking on our door saying there’s a street party tomorrow for VE Day!

Quote Originally Posted by RobDad View Post
    You’re quite correct - I tried to order via their website for click and collect to no avail, haven’t been there for over 6 weeks even though they are only a few minutes walk away. I went as much in a ‘reconnaissance’ mission as part of a walk (I live in a quiet rural area and noticed last week they were open) and genuinely need a few plumbing parts which may become an emergency if I ignore the issue! - I know the staff are only being sensible, but I felt slightly paranoid with people dressed in PPE and thought ‘actually this is a bit silly - I can probably buy online and if I order the wrong parts it’s only a fe quid’ so left.

Hate B+Q at best of times, they actual removed the self check out tills at our local one a couple of months before
    this started and never had contactless payment.

Just had a neighbour knocking on our door saying there’s a street party tomorrow for VE Day!
    I hope you’ve called the boys in blue.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewcregan View Post
    Sent to me by a friend who works within the NHS

I can't remember Jaws that well. Did it turn out to be a good decision? I suppose it could have an alternative ending where the entire coast was closed off indefinitely and the coastal economy crashed, unemployment soared, people's health suffering as a result of being thrown into poverty, while the government said killing the shark could take many months, if indeed they could kill it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by MDEM1 View Post
    It’s unedifying as is the fact that the testing curve is going down faster than the death curve.

Sure, they love a get together.

*^ this image is not during lockdown.

Hate B+Q at best of times, they actual removed the self check out tills at our local one a couple of months before
    this started and never had contactless payment.
    Did that at mine too, but no more checkout staff.

I’ll be staying indoors as usual apart from my morning walk, they can do what they like.

I’ll be staying indoors as usual apart from my morning walk, they can do what they like.
    No they can’t, dob them in otherwise you could end up living in covid alley.

Rob Roberts, Welsh Tory MP , has now deleted his tweet from 15th March.

Anyone have any idea why?

(Courtesy of James O'Brien via twitter)

FB_IMG_1588779947012 by Simon Gee, on Flickr

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mondie View Post

Sorry but please keep your constant whinging anti-tory/government/brexit posts in the BP, they have no place here in the G&D.

Master
    Quote Originally Posted by mondie View Post

Foot in mouth time.

So, street party started, guy singing in the middle of the street and loads of people congregating to watch. I just really don’t get some people

Well, I'm reliably informed that this is what will be announced on Sunday.

Government's roadmap to ease Covid-19 restrictions will be set out in 5 phases. These phases will be on 3 week review process, the current phases would commence on the following dates:

Phase 1 - 18th May
    Phase 2 - 8th June
    Phase 3 - 29th June
    Phase 4 - 20th July
    Phase 5 - 10th August

If coronavirus cases begin to increase, we will revert to the restrictions set out in the previous stage.

PHASE 1

Phase 1 of the roadmap will lift the following restrictions:

Construction workers, landscape gardeners and other outdoor workers may return to work
    Garden centres, repair shops and hardware stores may reopen
    Fitness & sport activities (non-contact) in small groups (max of 4 people) may resume (golf included)
    People may meet up with friends and family in small groups outdoors (size of a "small group" is defined as up to 4 people)
    The majority of regular health services will resume
    Outdoor public amenities and tourism sites may reopen (beaches & mountain walks)

*NOTE - social distancing guidelines will remain in operation for all

PHASE 2

Phase 2 of the roadmap will lift the following restrictions:

Restriction will be extended from 5km to 20km
    Specific retail hours will be allocated for those currently cocooning
    Home visits will be allowed to those cocooning, by a small number of persons for a short period of time
    Up to 4 people may visit another household for a short period of time
    Slightly larger family gatherings at funerals will be permitted (limited to maximum safe social distancing can still be applied)
    Solitary workers and workers that can maintain social distancing can return to work
    Small retail outlets that can control staff and customer numbers and maintain social distancing may reopen
    Public libraries will reopen
    Outdoor sporting activities, involving small group training (no matches) can recommenced (no contact still allowed)

PHASE 3

Phase 3 of the roadmap will lift the following restrictions:

Commence opening of creches and pre-schools for children of essential workers
    Commence a phased approach to visiting at hospitals and other healthcare settings
    Businesses where employees have low levels of daily interaction may reopen
    Phase in the opening of all other non-essential retail outlets, restricting customer numbers and applying social distancing (limited to retail outlets with street level entrance and exit, i.e. not in shopping centres)
    Playgrounds will be reopened
    'Behind closed doors' sporting events may recommence
    Cafes and restaurants may reopen as long as social distancing is maintained

PHASE 4

Phase 4 of the roadmap will lift the following restrictions:

Travel will be extended to outside of your region
    Larger household visits will be permitted
    Small social gatherings will be permitted (baptisms, small weddings etc.)
    Creches and pre-schools will reopen for all other children
    Other employees return to work - beginning with those who cannot work remotely and then staggering the working times to ensure social distancing
    Barbers and hairdressers may reopen
    Museums and other cultural outlets may reopen
    Sports teams (GAA & soccer) may recommence and public swimming pools may reopen
    Hotels and other hospitality units may reopen based on limited occupancy. Hotel bars are to remain closed.

PHASE 5

Phase 5 of the roadmap will lift the following restrictions:

Social gatherings will be permitted except for large gathering and gatherings in households of suspect cases
    Schools and colleges will reopen on a phased basis and will recommence in the new academic year
    Normal hospital and other residential setting visits will be allowed
    All employees may return to work on normal onsite arrangements, except organisations that cannot maintain social distancing plans
    Enclosed shopping centres may reopen
    Tattoo and piercing parlors may reopen
    Cinemas may reopen
    Close contact physical sports may recommence (rugby, boxing etc.)
    Gyms and dance studios may reopen
    Mass sporting events may recommence where social distancing can be maintained
    Indoor recreational venues may reopen (bowling, bingo etc.)
    Small festivals and other outdoor cultural events may resume
    Tourist travel to offshore islands may resume

It'll be interesting to see how "in the know" the source was
    Last edited by learningtofly; 8th May 2020 at 17:43.

So, street party started, guy singing in the middle of the street and loads of people congregating to watch. I just really don’t get some people
    Theres a park around the corner from me, just drove past with our Friday night click and collect fish an chips and there are four adult couples on deckchairs, at least a dozen kids running around, dogs, iceboxes, and more people arriving. Witney Huston playing now I can hear from there, what's that drug riddled skank got to do with VE day and what rules are these people following? Brainless.

Craftsman
    Quote Originally Posted by learningtofly View Post
    Well, I'm reliably informed that this is what will be announced on Sunday.

Government's roadmap to ease Covid-19 restrictions will be set out in 5 phases. These phases will be on 3 week review process, the current phases would commence on the following dates:

Phase 1 - 18th May
    Phase 2 - 8th June
    Phase 3 - 29th June
    Phase 4 - 20th July
    Phase 5 - 10th August

If coronavirus cases begin to increase, we will revert to the restrictions set out in the previous stage.

PHASE 1

Phase 1 of the roadmap will lift the following restrictions:

Construction workers, landscape gardeners and other outdoor workers may return to work
    Garden centres, repair shops and hardware stores may reopen
    Fitness & sport activities (non-contact) in small groups (max of 4 people) may resume (golf included)
    People may meet up with friends and family in small groups outdoors (size of a "small group" is defined as up to 4 people)
    The majority of regular health services will resume
    Outdoor public amenities and tourism sites may reopen (beaches & mountain walks)

*NOTE - social distancing guidelines will remain in operation for all

PHASE 2

Phase 2 of the roadmap will lift the following restrictions:

Restriction will be extended from 5km to 20km
    Specific retail hours will be allocated for those currently cocooning
    Home visits will be allowed to those cocooning, by a small number of persons for a short period of time
    Up to 4 people may visit another household for a short period of time
    Slightly larger family gatherings at funerals will be permitted (limited to maximum safe social distancing can still be applied)
    Solitary workers and workers that can maintain social distancing can return to work
    Small retail outlets that can control staff and customer numbers and maintain social distancing may reopen
    Public libraries will reopen
    Outdoor sporting activities, involving small group training (no matches) can recommenced (no contact still allowed)

PHASE 3

Phase 3 of the roadmap will lift the following restrictions:

Commence opening of creches and pre-schools for children of essential workers
    Commence a phased approach to visiting at hospitals and other healthcare settings
    Businesses where employees have low levels of daily interaction may reopen
    Phase in the opening of all other non-essential retail outlets, restricting customer numbers and applying social distancing (limited to retail outlets with street level entrance and exit, i.e. not in shopping centres)
    Playgrounds will be reopened
    'Behind closed doors' sporting events may recommence
    Cafes and restaurants may reopen as long as social distancing is maintained

PHASE 4

Phase 4 of the roadmap will lift the following restrictions:

Travel will be extended to outside of your region
    Larger household visits will be permitted
    Small social gatherings will be permitted (baptisms, small weddings etc.)
    Creches and pre-schools will reopen for all other children
    Other employees return to work - beginning with those who cannot work remotely and then staggering the working times to ensure social distancing
    Barbers and hairdressers may reopen
    Museums and other cultural outlets may reopen
    Sports teams (GAA & soccer) may recommence and public swimming pools may reopen
    Hotels and other hospitality units may reopen based on limited occupancy. Hotel bars are to remain closed.

PHASE 5

Phase 5 of the roadmap will lift the following restrictions:

Social gatherings will be permitted except for large gathering and gatherings in households of suspect cases
    Schools and colleges will reopen on a phased basis and will recommence in the new academic year
    Normal hospital and other residential setting visits will be allowed
    All employees may return to work on normal onsite arrangements, except organisations that cannot maintain social distancing plans
    Enclosed shopping centres may reopen
    Tattoo and piercing parlors may reopen
    Cinemas may reopen
    Close contact physical sports may recommence (rugby, boxing etc.)
    Gyms and dance studios may reopen
    Mass sporting events may recommence where social distancing can be maintained
    Indoor recreational venues may reopen (bowling, bingo etc.)
    Small festivals and other outdoor cultural events may resume
    Tourist travel to offshore islands may resume

It'll be interesting to see how "in the know" the source was
    Isn't this just the ROI plan?

Surprised if the plan for England makes any mention of GAA. Pretty niche sport here.